Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Biodomes [3]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject:  Biodomes [3] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all! After my fantastic (ahum) map the last forest, http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8896 (hehe little propagande for that map), I present to you, my second map, called biodomes!
After seeing FS Phoenix, it sparked my intrest and i began working on a complete new map. I had to learn how make firestorm sections work and trains move (yes it has a train Wink), and blabla
I just made a final test of it and it works great! (i nearly went crazy because after a while of playing i got an IE, and i searched and searched and it was tiberium place on a slope, grr)

SO anyhow, here's my map! Hope you like it! Tell me what you think of it!
Positive feedback is ok Wink

the zip includes the map, readme, and minimap preview!

EDIT: This is the first, but not final version. The newer version of this map can be found if you scroll down in this post. You can still download it though :d

Edit by Banshee: Download the final version HERE

screen33.JPG
 Description:
the train going through a canyon!
 Filesize:  172.23 KB
 Viewed:  6310 Time(s)

screen33.JPG

screen2.JPG
 Description:
mutant outpost (has changed)
 Filesize:  148.63 KB

screen2.JPG

screen1.JPG
 Description:
a civilian area
 Filesize:  157.91 KB

screen1.JPG

Biodomes.zip
 Description:
the zip! includes readme and minimap preview! -- OLD VERSION!

Download
 Filename:  Biodomes.zip
 Filesize:  182.13 KB
 Downloaded:  407 Time(s)

Last edited by Roets on Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite a nice map, I must say.
Some fairly interesting detailing, and the bio domes work well. Nice to see my map helped out!
I do think that the Nod Mauntauk watching over the top biodome is a very nice touch. Smile

My only comments being that there are quite a few cliff errors. Grab marble maddness mode for Final Sun (should find it in TumSun) and go through your cliffs and you'll spot them out easily.
Also.. is the map supposed to reveal itself after a few seconds? I know I do that when testing the map, so it could just be you accidentally leaving that in.. or not. Wink
Another thing, you have lights on/around Tiberium Viens. The viens will destroy the lights, which can occasionally leave a couple of survivors, who come and attack you. Wink

Other than that, its a very nice map. I like it very much. And its very good for early work.
Keep it up! Very Happy

Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake, thanks for the feedback! I appreaciate this a lot, because now I know where it's faults are. If someone finds something else, please tell me.
Guess I rushed my map into production a bit too fast huh? Wink

I plan on correcting the mistakes and releasing an updated version in this post. Fixing the cliffs, light post issues and the map reveal, and i think maybe some extra detail.

Still, don't let this stop you if you want to download my map, I still think it's a great map, considering i'm not a mapping god hehe :d

Could take a few days or so until I upload the corrected map, since I got Dutch examns tomorrow. Or maybe I'll get bored this evening and fix it then :d

---POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT---
Also, I placed some fiends around the map, but they don't seem to attack anyone that approaches, how is that? i thought neutrals attacked whenever they got the chance?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look forward to seeing the updated version. I agree its a good small map.
An idea, is if you want to add some more, perhaps have a truck going back and forth between two of the bio domes, to add some more life to the map.

I'm not sure, but try possibly putting "area guard" instead of guard to the fiends, see if that does anything. I can't be sure though.

Good luck with your exam Wink

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet map, altho I also have exams so I could only open i up with map editor Sad

Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: update on map. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wel examns are over, so I have begun updating the map.
Still haven't been able to get the fiends working, can anyone help me with this?

so what did i do?

-small texture and cliff errors fixes.
-little lightning change
-added some more life on the map; moving truck& jeep, and some wildlife (civilians Wink) in the protected forest and domes.
-some more detail in the map (rough terrain,...)
-removed or moved the lightning posts on the viens  Laughing

I think I'll upload the map tonight or tomorrow.
Now's your chance to make some suggestions before I upload it.
No, i cannot include sharks with frickin' laserbeams on their heads, because apparently my cycloptic colleage tells me they are a protected species!  Razz

Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: map update! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As of now, the zip file is obsolete. You can still download it, but it does not represent the final view of my map, although the change is not that big.
The new file is just the map, no readme of minimap preview. You can still use the one from the zip.
This is the final version, unless somebody explains me how to get those tiberian fiends active! Enjoy and let me know what you think.

biodomes.mpr
 Description:
the map

Download
 Filename:  biodomes.mpr
 Filesize:  348.24 KB
 Downloaded:  899 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this topic happens to have too much replies, this file will be hard to find, so I've linked it in the top post.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

szz70cn
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile
OK

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty cool, might have to check it out  Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon