Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Pyramid of NOD
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject:  Pyramid of NOD Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.. Here we go.. damage frames as well.. the vertical lines are because of wrong foundation size..(I set 1x1 for quickness)

Pyramid of NOD.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.85 KB
 Viewed:  28197 Time(s)

Pyramid of NOD.jpg

NTPYMD.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NTPYMD.shp
 Filesize:  53.85 KB
 Downloaded:  1078 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
gamemate
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nicely detailed and yet clean I like it alot Smile

I do recommend that you smudge the damaged frames though, making it look like impact (burned feeling). Nothing wrong with the current damaged frames but it would make it even better Wink

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks too much like the TO one.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehh, not really. It does look similar to some extent. But all in all, good job. Way better than the original one.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol cool any snow or buildup?  Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope and nope... Snow wont be hard.. so I'll do that.. but Buildups are a pain in the ass when all you have is Imageready to Animate with. Neutral

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey daTS, what happened to your other avatar and sig?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted a new sig.. so I made a new one.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTSchikinhed wrote:
nope and nope... Snow wont be hard.. so I'll do that.. but Buildups are a pain in the ass when all you have is Imageready to Animate with. Neutral

Umm.. ok..

Forget SHP builder?

I'll agree with Ackron, it's not as good as the original one..

"Banned" RP here

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:

What the hell are you guys smoking?

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we are smoking the thing that causes common sense and not being an idiot.

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inclined to agree with Ackron. The resemblance is striking. However work has been put in as can be seen so it is still a good stand alone peice as it were.

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vincent93 wrote:
Tyler Adams wrote:

What the hell are you guys smoking?

Umm.. a strange combination of coke, pot, and Marlboro extra-tar cigarettes.

Seriously, this is kinda like mine, in a way.. They look good, but they don't blend in with the originals.

"Banned" RP here

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so.. you are telling me that this:

is not as good as this:

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would prase it differently

NAPYRA#.PNG
 Description:
is good
 Filesize:  5.43 KB
 Viewed:  28037 Time(s)

NAPYRA#.PNG

crappypyra.JPG
 Description:
isnt good.
 Filesize:  9.79 KB
 Viewed:  28037 Time(s)

crappypyra.JPG

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think daTS's is a better deign but it needs more texturing/detailing etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

strange...i posted something in this topic earlier today but it is gone....
and this pyramid that was included in ts is sh1t
i like the new one more!
and what is so crappy about it?
that it is not the TO-one?

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TO pyramid^

daTS pyramid^

there both good imo

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there're both good but (no offense dats) T.O. is better (once again no offence) but not that much better.

Smilen
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I think Ackron and all that agree with him ae in this case, not only highly wrong, but supremely stupid, vindictive and generally all round shit.

The pyramid rocks dats, you rarely get the credit you deserve for your efforts. I rate this pyramid at LEAST on a par with the TO version. In many respects Im tempted to say it is superior.

Good work, you are seriously improving in your talents.

P.S. Methinks Ackron might be becoming slightly jealous at his inferior talents in certain respects.

Keep up the good work. I do think the entrance tunnel thingy could do with some work, and the textures could do with a little sharpening up but still, it is HIGHLY impressive.

Make TS Open Source!! Viva La Revolution!! Sign!
http://www.petitiononline.com/opentsun/petition.html

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cant make SHPs as well as daTS? oh no heaven forfend.

Shut the ztype up.

the Part i dont like is that retarded massive flat red Area and the lack of large black solids which is a theme in Nod Architecture. a big solid untextured lump of red looks shit to be blunt.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like TO's better simply because it is more accurate to the cutscenes (except your entrance is more accurate than theirs) but this is still a good piece of work (although I do have to agree that is quite a lot of red space up there) and you should be proud.

Oh right I mean this one (Is more accurate):

Not this one:

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are they prerelease pics or something..? (sorry, I don’t know much about TS)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are Tiberium odyssee screens/renders.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well done DaTS, very good pyramid,

I prefer the TO one however they are both much better than the original WW ingame version

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
however they are both much better than the original WW ingame version

Amen to that brotha'!
Laughing

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah, is that TO one using custom alpha light shapes? I'm impressed.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it is, Muldrake implemented them onto it.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look you guys.. It's a pyramid up for PUBLIC release.. the TO one is NOT! that's why I made this... I based it off of the old TO design, modified it, and played with some of it's textures (minus the red thingy.. SHP builder didnt want to import what it was supposed to).. I wanted people to have access to a better pyramid without breaking into TO's mixes and stealing thiers... I dont care what mod you use this in, how you use it, or why. I just want credit for spending four hours trying to make TS a better game to play.

God some of you are so immature *not that I can talk.. but meh..*

@SMIFFGIG: Thanks! You are the first to say something sane.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It may be foolish, but I like westwoods best.

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't bump old topics

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, Seriously.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I forgot to check the date. But, if banshee wan'ts to stop posting in old topics, why doesn't he insert some code to lock selected topics when they haven't been posted in for a while???

Smilen
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DOnt worry about it mice.. it gives me a chance to say this..

<censoured by Banshee :::: bring your flames to other places or MSN. Don't do that in PPM forums. It's against our rules and it screws up the environment of this place.>

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I agree with ackron about the flat red area, it looks a little dull imo.

And please don't insult each other, it will just cause general chaos.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

His post was censoured.

Smilen, please, read this.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smilen, you should tell newbies what they are doing wrong, not flaming them, after all, we were newbies once. Its the only way of educating our smaller members of the community to be mature modders. #Tongue

And as for the Pyramids? I like 'em both, but I like the TO one more. TO one looks more simple- what the NOD Pyramid has Smile And to tell you the truth, I think Dats' Pyramid would look good in an Urban zone, while the TO Pyramid looks good in all terrains.

Smilen
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My post wanst directed at newbs, it was directed at Ackron. Im a big fan of Dats' pyramind, its highly impressive work, and somewhat original, but certains peoples stuck up attitudes really f*****' piss me off. Sorry Banshee, I couldnt help myself.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I have noticed that acron has been putting down shp and voxel makers all over ppm. And no-one call me a n00b, as I've been here since 2003, but it seems some sort of error occured, and I'm considered to have joined on 26 Jul 2005! My posts are the same though...

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually no one can call you a newb now, but you can be here for as long as you like and still be a n00b, although I'm not implying anything.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mice16 wrote:
Yes, I have noticed that acron has been putting down shp and voxel makers all over ppm.

What the hell are you talking about? Ackron is just giving out the cold hard truth. But I gotta say, THIS time, it's different. Ackron's been bashing daTS for awhile. Dunno why, but he has.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't matter how long a person has been here, they may still be a n00b. Its how a person acts, that makes the difference.
Regardless, Ackron quite simply merely states his opinions, frank as they are.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In which I have no problem. He has every right to voice his opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!