Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How do i make a unit self-destruct upon firing
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject:  How do i make a unit self-destruct upon firing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok heres a question

Is there a way to make a unit self destruct upon firing

This is without giving it a tiny range and making its own weapon destroy it (like the Hunter-Seeker and its weapon)

I have tried giving it a firing animation that has a damage which destroys the unit (which is armour=none & Strength=1

Also if this does not work can a make it destroy itself either when it is instantly built or a few seconds after

I have tried Strength=0 and Strength=-1
Almost knowing they wouldnt work they just come up with odd situations

=-1 Made the unit invinsible but also imobbile (unable to fire or move)
=0 done exactly the same only the health bar dispalyed one block of red health

So these are kinda useless, it may help you to know that this unit is using the Teleporting Loco + flying movement zone. I mention this as the teleporting loco can make certain consistancies inconsistent, e.g. Disables hunter seeker logic if both are applied

Anyway thats my "short" question #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes but they depend on the range being 1 or possibly 2 but either way it is there own weapon that destroys them

Now imagine a weapon with a range of 50

the logic fails, infact it probably fails anything over 10 (and thats assuming u increase the weapon damage with each increment in range)
this weapon HAS to be 1 or preferably 0
and HAS to have a long range

btw that link to ur demo truck tut dont work

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true, Dougfunie changed the whole naming system... I need to get used to this, anyway, check:

http://www.entexplode.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-ts&file=modding

(it was less weird before #Tongue)

Anyway, back to the topic... errr....That tutorial shows how to explode your vehicle when it fires... the example, demo truck, might have a range o less than 2, but even if you changed that into 50, it will explode the truck whenever it reachs a distance of 50 units of distance from the target.

Which mainly means that Warhead animation is not Weapon animation. The Weapon animation happens exactly when the weapon is fired while the warhead animation only plays when it reachs the target Wink. This makes Finalmoon's theory for Superweapon Emulation makes much more sense in my head now (I was confused with that)... so, thanks for reminding that....

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi thanks for the help but..... err .... i dont understand
correct me if im wrong but in your DEMO tut you are using the logic of giving the Demo truck a weapon that has an animation which has damage radius + damage + a WH

but it is this Damage from the animation which kills the demo truck SO if the demo truck was out of the range of this animation it wouldnt even effect the demo truck so giving it any range out of the anims damage wouldnt destroy the truck

But please currect me if im being really dumb or something and missing something obvious

but that is AFAIK the only way to make the unit explode and is a method i cannot use (+ the fact the weapon has to make 0 damage + any attached anims have to make 0 damage)

-SMIFFGIG

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missing something obvious.

Weapons and Warheads have animations. What's the difference?

- Weapon: The animation plays in the exact moment that the weapon is fired
- Warhead: The animation plays when the projectile hits something

It's clear that in the exact moment the weapon is fired, the projectile is still where it fires. So, if you give an animation for the weapon that does loads of damage... even if the weapon has a range of 255, the animation will run over the thing that fired it.

This is also usefull if you wanna do a V2 Rocket for TS. The voxel should automatically contain the missile. However, the weapon should have an animation of it without the missile which will be the projectie... I hope it clarify now..

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon