Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Paradox Islands (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject:  Paradox Islands (2)
Subject description: my 12th map.....
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This here is my 12th map! Razz However it differs from my other work as it is a plain basic TS map. And a WATER map at that. Well anyways this map aint the best iv made at least i dont think but its pretty good........i really like the lighting on this one however gameplay is a little dull.....but then again it is in most water maps.......anyways i may eventaully add on to this one...maybe... oh and i got the map name by that i was playing Soul Reaver 2 recently (a very good game BTW ) and well ya know how in it Kain and Raziel talk about Paradoxes and stuff so yeah i was just like "hey i need a name.............hmmmm *turns on PS2 and plays some LoK:SR2*" and so i was influenced by that....
Info:
Name: Paradox Islands
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 80X80
Players: 2
Theatre: Temperate
Info:This map is a water map!! It contains 2 main islands were the players will start. These islands include plenty of build space and plenty of tiberium to harvest. Because this map is a water map GDI will have a slight advantage however with proper defenses it wont matter much. Also due to it being a water map it doesnt allow for as many strategies so you will have to make due with what youv got.This is a good map to for scenery and stuff. This is my 12th map so enjoy! Wink

Pics:
The minimap

a start position

the other start position

another isle with a village on it

Paradox Islands.zip
 Description:
Paradox Islands

Download
 Filename:  Paradox Islands.zip
 Filesize:  114.7 KB
 Downloaded:  561 Time(s)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v good map. gdi get 2 advantages with crate scouting and hover mlrs attack.
A snow version would be better for this so you can connect the mini islands with ice.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, that's a good idea, Terror.

true, GDI is a bit too advanced due to their MLRS...but it's a good map,
I'd give it 8/10 Smile

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is a very good point and idea terror

i may convert this map over to snow and do just that.....although that means i have to get better with my detailing on snow maps and ice work but i think i will do that

more comments anyone?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another beautiful map, Ixith, well done.

As previously mentioned, the gameplay is favoured for GDI, but thats a problem with the general map design for islands, not so much your mapping skills.

It could work better in the ice theatre, as previously mentioned, but I like it in the desert theatre, but you can try both?

I have no standing suggestions at the moment, other than to keep up the good work!

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks muldrake

i was going to make this into a snow theatre but since i cant do the lazy way of Copy whole map and paste center as of course they are different theatres so it doesnt work..........and then i would still have to place all the ice which would take as long as it did to make the rest of the map just to get decent looking ice there..........so i decided not to make this into the snow theatre............however i do eventually plan on making a snow map allthough i dont like snow maps as much as Temperate ones....as there are the less options of tiles to use and on snow maps the details dont show up as well on the minimaps IMO

but anyways i am already working on another FS map that looks great IMO and will be released as soon as i double check the lighting and triggers and stuff and make sure they work fine...

anyways are there any more comments on this map

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon