Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The River [2-5]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

DO YOU LIKE THIS MAP
YES
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
NO
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

christian93
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:  The River [2-5]
Subject description: The River [2-5]
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The River [2-5]
DO YOU LIKE THIS MAP

minimap.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.26 KB
 Viewed:  5839 Time(s)

minimap.PNG

the river (2_5).rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  the river (2_5).rar
 Filesize:  94.15 KB
 Downloaded:  583 Time(s)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was about to say a nice map, with good cliff and shoreline work.
Until I realised it was from the "Rescue Tratos" Mission for GDI in the TS Campaign..
(Worrying thing was, I realised it was that map even before I got to the obvious bits.. :S)

As a result.. I really can't see much that you've done besides remove all the triggers, and mission stuff, like all the Nod/Civilian buildings, etc.
Which I feel is a shame, as even if you left most of the civilian stuff behind, it would have kept some character.
Heck, there is even the dirt path tile left over from the gate in the actual prison base! #Tongue

I won't comment on the map detail, as, I'd say you've done next to nothing on it.

Balancing wise, a few positions have advantages over the others, be it protected Tiberium fields, or space.

A nice map, I'm sure it would have been, if some more effort was put into it. I'd have removed one of the central starting positions, and built up a bit of a civilian town/city there, as it would have worked nicely.
Also, some balancing issues could have been worked out, as well as adding some more detail here and there.

So, in answer to your question. I liked what the map was originally, and I would have liked what this map could have been with more work put into it.

But as it stands, no, I don't like it, because I know its just a rip, and a poor one at that.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you are indeed Christain93 of tumsun then clazzy your wasting your breath. On tumsun he has been posting maps and stuff that either contain or in refference to a mod that plagerizes from several mods

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) I changed my name?
2) I have to admit I haven't checked TumSun in a while.
But I have however, come to find out this information for myself.
But, as of yet "Christian93" has done no wrong on PPM. We can't just ban him here because he was banned from TumSun, if that was the case, I'm sure several other PPM members would have to go too.

I will always give people a second chance, and until he completely balls it up here, I'm not going to kill his topics or ban him.

I've laid out my advice, if he would like to work on the map and help gain some respect in this community, then that is his choice, and I am all up for it.

But given what has happened on TumSun, he will be watched.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as long as he doesn't jack my sh!t.. I'm cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon