Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A new map i work on. ( update 12 des )
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:  A new map i work on. ( update 12 des ) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I put the update on the first post so you dont have to look down. Btw a update again.. #Tongue.

Fix:

Some more cliff error fixed.
Short short fixed.
Some light post.

Dont fixed:

The water #Tongue.
And a bit more.

Added: A town, roads, water , tress, rock, more light, more LAT, swamp and even blue tiberium
I are 30 % finish on this map. I got 1 side of the map done. The right side. :biggrin:

We love ss #Tongue?

Here:

1: Just a pic

2: A small camp with a pyramide

3: A town

4: Water

5: LAT glow

6: Blue tiberium

7: Mini Map

What u think?

Last edited by Anderwin on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

using that terrain with the church is a good trick.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. More comments?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin, WIP maps go in the mapping discussion:

"Mapping Discussion
Discuss mapping here. Tricks about using Final Sun, how to deal with events and triggers, using wordpad for custom units on maps, etc. Post doubts, incomplete maps, screenshots of under-development maps, however finished maps go on Map Archive."

Moved.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks #Tongue...

Nobody have to say ?

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote name='Ixith' post='7498' date='Dec 9 2006, 04:52 PM']
well it looks much better than your other one. and because you said that you fixed the cliff errors i cant say anything about that so far. and because you said your gonna change the water i cant say anything about that either.
[/quote]

Yeah i find some new cliff errors this going to get fixed. ( now XD )

now this seems like its gonna be a fairly big map. and if you do plan on having 8 players on it just make sure all the players are equally positioned.
[/quote]

Is a map for 4 players them all start on a cliff place and i remove the secound tiberium tree.
now yes you should make the lighting darker. also i suggest giving the overall lighting either a greenish tint or a redish tint. and then to also use invis light posts to diversify different lighting areas. such as green tiberium stuff, blue tiberium areas, water, cities, and other things like that.
[/quote]
The map is darked thanks to you :blushing: . I did do this before i read this.
also i think that putting green tiberium next to green mold and blue tiberium next to blue mold really looks good and brings that area out more on a minimap. also i suggest having those 2 tiberium trees close to the player start positions then have more scattered across the map in logical places of course as to make sure there are tib fields to fight over and to keep your money coming in when youv reduced the fields closest to you to just the trees.
[/quote]

Thanks. I did remove the secound tiberium tree.

But some news on the map.
- The map got 1 train ( mabye it will move if i know how :wacko: )
- Lesser tiberium
- 1 spot finish.
- Refix the Kodiak crash
- Not fix the water yet.
- I did add some roads
- And more.
- Did not fix the last cliff errors on the picture. ( I did fix the rest )
- A small muntant camp.

Scrennshot: From the first starting spot on the map some are finish. + some random.

1: The Muntant camp with the train.

2: A Veinhole with 1 natural harvester and 2 weed eater. When is come a war here the civillians did run from there life therfor nobody own the harvester and the 2 weed eaters.

3: From the tiberium place on the first starting spot.

4: The lat close the tiberium place.

5: The first starting point. ( I was GDI to test the map so far )

6: A place on the cliff for the first starting spot.

7: A empty city some did not was finish to build before the next war did come.

Next update will have:

- Cliff error fixed
- The secound starting spot finished.
- mabye change the water
- Try to make the train moving O.o ( mabye )
- Make some new road and some a new city.

Some more comment? B)

@Uufje i did say the water going to get fixed later. ^_^ When i know the water will hit and yeah just wait =).

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DARK! adjust the levels...but I like some darkness, just add more lights. so you can actually see.

well i cant say, should get a minimap posted to see the layout.

train is easy, just set waypoints, and make them go to each one.
but the swervy tracks look akward.

and tiberium and train tracks are overly, not to mention rocks, will prevent weeds from going where you dont want them to so you dont always have to enclose them with walls..

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A update again.

Cliff errors just some more but many is fixed.
Water not chance yet.
New road and city just some new road and 1 small city ( no pic yet )
Moving train ( fail )
The secound starting point is finish.

1: Kodiak crash.

2: Random pic about the starting spot 2

3:Random pic about the starting spot 2

4:Random pic about the starting spot 2

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I *LOVE* the dark setting, but make the crystal LAT placed GLOW.. I can see some cliff errors, but you are making progress, be sure to check it in Marble Madness Mode.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better scenery, its more organic.
but the rest of the map needs some hint of light if its going to be that dark.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[[ AnthonY ]] wrote:
I *LOVE* the dark setting, but make the crystal LAT placed GLOW.. I can see some cliff errors, but you are making progress, be sure to check it in Marble Madness Mode.

Thanks alot Very Happy Embarassed The Crystal LAT was just a test and yeah them got light + green light on them so Smile Is my 2 map so is will not be the best out here and i like to make maps i got idea for. I got some crasy ideas O.o. btw progres yeah i hope so. The cliff errors are fixed.

MMM ?? ( Marble Madness Mode ) ?
What is this.

Sigil:

Thanks i did added it yesterday some lights.a

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet, new screens!

Marble Madness is a mode in which the titles are colored by height and cliffs are outlined so you can see if its the right piece.

its kinda like turning the puzzle upside down, so you can see where the pieces go, instead of the picture.

, you have to get the patch for Final Sun. I haven't gotten it to work on mine. but oh well. I never neeeded it.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah marble madness lets you easily see many things you may not see while not in that mode aka cliff alignments, colorful tiles depicting their height, water blocks. its very useful.

heres some more comments for you anderwin
-i think the lighting is just a little too dark. lighten the over all lighting up just a little bit. not much though
-green mold looks good but too much in one place on one ground height doesnt look as good IMO.
-while you do want differences in the lighting you dont want it to drastically change all of a sudden. AKA REALLY dark to bright.

the pics are a bit too dark for me to tell the specifics about what your showing im afraid.

just keep working. and when your done if i have the time i will review your final product. and im glad you like mapping. when i first started i had some crazy ideas for what to put in my map however some of them ended up not being tangible for me at that time. aka i didnt have the skills to do certain things which now that i think about it i may try and revive one of those ideas.

anyways just remember mapping takes patience as does most other things. if you dont have patience with certain things you could possibly ruin your map.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To dark O.o.. Is look nice here on my comp O.o...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay I'm seeing ALOT of cliff errors, as well as shore errors.. the terrain layout is pretty good though!

Once you are finished, if you would like me to, i can help you fix some of the cliff and shore errors... just MSN me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okey. I speak to u on the msn. but thanks #Tongue.. I just a newbie yet so.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You've done your mapping nicely. This map looks nice, but still unfinished. Add some more scenery and other stuff so it won't look so empty. Take the patience to finish this map. Good luck!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I came over lighting.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.

What u mean desu?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he means that you should do some improvements with the lighting.

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's a very nice one but a bit too dark (I guess it's done on purpose but I think it could do with a little enlightment)

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:

No... he came as in.. ejaculating.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
DonutArnold wrote:

No... he came as in.. ejaculating.

Knowing Dustin.. you're right, Carnivean..

"Banned" RP here

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okey O.o whatever Mabye i light the map abit but not much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon