Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
TFADW FS The Valley of NOD [4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
777goku
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject:  TFADW FS The Valley of NOD [4] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need the TFADW mod which can be downloaded at the ppm main page.
You also need firestorm
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Map description:

In the north-west corner of the map, we have a bustling city. There is a train that carries people from city to city...

Look closely at the screen shot of the city and there has been an accident. A few soldiers are checking it out.

There are tons of defenses for the city, along with 2 railguns near the gate and 2 block concrete walls and a layer of sandbags.

In the western side of the valley lies a player spawn point. Above that is a mutant recon camp with capturable buildings and some extra tiberium.

On the southwestern corner of the map, we have a collosal tiberium field, complete with five repairus trees. This field is shared by the southern most player spawns.

The southern side of the valley is a player spawn point. A little to the right is a pyramid.

The southeastern corner of the map hides a rather small cabal outpost.

The eastern side of the map hides a mutant dwelling... along with some poisoned water.

The northeastern and northern part of the map contain the last two player spawns. in the middle, separating the players, exists a lustrous blanket tiberium. Also there contains... well you should really explore this area yourself.

Little is known about the middle of the map. This territory remains purely under NOD's control... It is no longer attacked by GDI because of the cease fire treaty after CABAL's defeat... Rumors are that most of the base disappeared when CABAL went haywire.

~~~SPOILERS~~~
(to see, highlight the text with your cursor)

Spoilers really take the fun out of this map, scroll down if you want to see them

Last chance

***TOP SECRET***

Welcome back commander,

This report will teach you the ins and outs of this map.

- The top right corner of the map has a new developing "redish" tiberium

- The eastern mutant dwelling is rumored to be a training center for mutants.

- Our jump jet infantry have discovered that there is a mine field in front of CABAL's base. We are not certain if CABAL is devious enough to mine his own base to protect it's secrets...

- Red tiberium is sometimes littered on the cliffs that have narrow paths to walk on. They are only accessible by a caryall air unit.

- The old abandoned buildings to the east were never fully decommissioned. They should still work if you could get an engineer in there. Watch out for the red tiberium there.

***Generals eyes only***

Our jumpjet infantry have confirmed the location of a radar jamming device near the central pyramid. Destroy it to reveal the whole map for all players. A double-edged sword...

Also there is a veinhole monster surrounded by a wall

Nevertheless tread lightly in this area since it is mined. Don't send lone engineers without some guards and a mobile array and maybe a mobile emp vehicle.

Satellite photos, though hard to make out, show a radar center, the jamming device, a heavily damaged hand of NOD and 4 defensive lasers. THERE APPEAR TO BE NO SAM SITES PRESENT...

***Random info***
There are all 4 of the different kinds of barracks on the map. If you can control them all, you can control the whole map. (i.e. 20 cyborgs, 20 cyborg rocketeers, 10 rocketeers, 10 medics to heal all of them, 120 mutants (cyborgs take all of the fire with their heavy armor while the mutants pelter the base defenses with their auto rifles

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.87 KB
 Viewed:  10814 Time(s)

1.jpg

r2.jpg
 Description:
***recon photo of NOD's central installation***
 Filesize:  110.01 KB

r2.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.36 KB

3.jpg

4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.24 KB

4.jpg

the valley of nod.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  the valley of nod.mpr
 Filesize:  139.77 KB
 Downloaded:  934 Time(s)

777goku
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mini-map

mm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.94 KB
 Viewed:  10811 Time(s)

mm.jpg

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heheh, you know what? That actualy does not look bad...
Oh and don't double post, also, don't do that rediculous invisable font thing again. Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats with the NOD symbol?

777goku
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

name is *cough*valley of NOD*cough*

Quote:
Oh and don't double post, also, don't do that rediculous invisable font thing again. Wink

Ty and I will make sure to be extra careful not to double post

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks interesting. I'll test it when I install TS and ADW again Wink (ATM at school)

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valley of Nod. Not NOD. Nod is not like GDI and does not stand for anything(Global Defense Initiative). So it is Nod.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also - WTF? hoe did that symbol even appeared... naturally?

777goku
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the land was dug up by Nod and different colored dirt or rock could have been moved to form the middle part of the symbol

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why? No really? Why would they?
But looks good!

777goku
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

motive: everyone knows Nods a fanatic cult
the peace through power thingy

ty!

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw that my ups irritate... But I test some maps wich look good, and I want to tell shortly my feelings. I thinks cretors of thoses will be happy to have feedback about their work, even ten years later...

I loved this original map, this Nod logo, I just regret the thin apparence ingame...

There is a reveal all trigger by destroying the mobile radar. i think it will be better to have this effect by capturing the pyramid for exemple.

I also think a little unfair that upper players have less tiberium feilds and place for building than lovers...

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

90% of these map creators aren't around anymore. You were advised to CHECK POST DATES before posting. You aren't helping.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

LoL. What a noob.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy Necromancy Batman!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon