Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Pain Redefined (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject:  Pain Redefined (2)
Subject description: First Map Posted To PPM.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello.

I Was sitting in my room yesterday, with nothing to do.
I looked over at the PC and thought, 'Why not'.

So i made this map.

There is no story-line behind it, its just an extra map you can have in your roster.

I worked quite hard on this searching for errors, etc.
So i hope you enjoy it.

The name - I was sitting down thinking what a name could be, and then Disturbed - Pain redefined started playing, so i thought once again, 'Why not'.

I Would once again appreciate all comments.
Also, if you think theres anything completly terrible or something that can be improved, let me know.

Thanks, and now, here is Pain Redefined. Wink

Edit:: New Version Uploaded, Rocks added (stupid me) Rolling Eyes

P.S:: Thanks to TitanMarkII for BETA Testing and Fixing the map and also Disturbed for Hints and Tips, Thanks guys.

Pain Redefined.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pain Redefined.zip
 Filesize:  82.89 KB
 Downloaded:  897 Time(s)

Last edited by Aro on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks OK Smile
It fits TS good

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a little disapointed in the 0 Downloads. Sad

Thank you for the comment Dupl3xxx.

Anyone else got any comments please? Smile

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good from the previews. I'll give it an ingame test later and post what I think.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Carnivean, that'll be very much appreciated. Smile

777goku
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice map

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those preview images are not real PNGs. You renamed the files from .bmp to .png. That does not make them PNGs. Each image is over 1MB. Way too big to be acceptable forum images.

I know for a fact that they are BMPs because they load in reverse.

If you are using XP, Paint is capable of saving real PNG images. Convert them with that next time if you don't have a better program.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next time, i'd appreciate it if you comment my map.
But OK, i'll keep that in mind.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would have, but the images threw me off.

The map is well detailed, layout might be annoying for players that don't use air that much since the ground units have to go around the bend all the time. I don't have TS installed, so I can't say much more about it.

In general is well done. Consider yourself a candidate for the Taktics Mapping Competition. Whenever that is.

Last edited by IcySon55 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess it's pretty well done map from you. I don't mind about the bend; it adds some "length for the map" (or the enemy player won't be around the corner...).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the bend is part of why i was originaly going to call the map Mental Illness..
Simply because even though you are right over thre river from you opponent, you have to go a very long way round...
I admit this is not one of my best, but remember, it is only my second multiplayer map... Maybe i should stick too single player maps...
Oh and IcySon55... I'm interested in that competion, keep me posted please. Wink
Thanks for possitive commentry Yurio07... WorManiac i think... i don't know lol...

Any more comments?

splom911
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: maps? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi hows it goin jus wonderin if u cud let me know maybe where u get the map editor and when you download maps how do u put them on the game? its driving me crazy #Mad thanks a million take it easy Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Splom911. Smile

Welcome to PPM (Project perfect mod). I hope you enjoy your stay.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post, otherwise you could find yourself breaking rules when you don't mean to. Wink

You can download FinalSun (Map maker for tiberian sun) on this site...

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/View.php?view=TiberianSun.Detail&id=71

Have fun mapping, and good luck. Wink

SMT
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To put them in the game, put them in the game directory.

splom911
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: sorry? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have no clue how to do that the only thing i can do is look at the read me! id really appreciate it if u cud bring me through it?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh ... go to your westwood folder, it should be in c drive, then paste the map file into the sun directory ...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
splom911
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks a million that worked take it easy took a while for me to cop on to it lol thanks again Wink

DoomToHel
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice map ARO, i know i could never do that good on a map, lol good luck ARO and Machine on the Mod. Smile Cool

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, DoomToHel. Good to see you on PPM. Smile

You may want to reply to these maps in the 'Tiberian Sun : Rise of Omnius - Maps Subforum' instead of here... As these maps are quite old in this particular forum... #Tongue

User68
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Not for me. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anything i cant play online is not for me.

sorry,

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've updated the pictures in the top. I've played the map, but I don't think it's worth spotlighting this one. The main issue is only one choke point per base and this choke point is quite small. So, you need to defend only one area against land units and your base against devil tongues, sub apcs, jumpjets and air units. Also, AI doesn't deal smartly with the excessive amount of visceroids in the map.

Anyway, the details of the map are cool and everything else is quite well done, as far as I could play. In short, nice job, but don't forget the strategic factor of the map.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, thanks, Banshee... I'll keep this in mind for all my future maps. Smile

I've improved a great deal after i made this map, so i guess it's OK...

Again, thanks for the tips. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon