Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Alpha Image
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject:  Alpha Image Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok we all know that cool little lamp post that has the light emiting from it in a round circle the AlphaLampPost or

[TSTLAMP]

Well to get this image it calls for it using this line

AlphaImage=ALPHATST

but what is ALPHATST and where is it called from, is it straight from the .exe or what
also is there any other values u can put here, maybe something that would give the same kind of alpha image this lamps have emitting from them in these very early beta screenshots

Any ideas ?[/url]

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well in the screenies you can see these huge lamps that
1) emit light
2) have an alpha image that differs from the one we know

Also i didn't find ALPHATST in the mix files either...so it should be somewhere else right? Maybe the name itselfs gives a clue... ALPHA is clear... but what does TST mean??? Tiberian Sun T? Confused

Or perhaps Tiberium Sun Twilight LOL

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know, maybe test lamp? but what i know is that that little obelisk was the original nod laser turret

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
that that little obelisk was the original nod laser turret

LOL Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad why they don't make tsun using OpenGL Confused

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no that little obelisk was the original Obelisk

and yes i agree MaXiM i wish it supported OpenGL, but for me at least i dont have a clue on how to implement such a thing

however i do remember someone over at the Editingsource Tiberium Studios forums saying they thought it could be possible

but i dont know how

P.S. I forgot SeaMan found the graphic related to the alpha image.. im afraid it looks as though its all hardcoded

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm
and smiff is right little obby was the origional one

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope, if u see the movies of ts wich you dont do you see a mm2 hit by a small obby 2 times without breaking or even a scratch and u dont hear the charging sound

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
nope, if u see the movies of ts wich you dont do you see a mm2 hit by a small obby 2 times without breaking or even a scratch and u dont hear the charging sound

*gasp, cough, hack* PLEASE, USE PUNCTUATION!!!!!! GEEZ! I can't make heads or tails of this!!!

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope, if u see the movies of ts wich you dont do,
you see a mm2 hit by a small obby 2 times,
without breaking or even a scratch, and u dont hear the charging sound

BETTER?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
Turalyon wrote:

*gasp, cough, hack* PLEASE, USE PUNCTUATION!!!!!! GEEZ! I can't make heads or tails of this!!!

I understood it perfectly.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
FinalMoon wrote:
Turalyon wrote:

Of course, you talk that way too... Wink LOL
Wink

But anyway, back to the subject... or well, back to the obelisks.... i guess that when they made that movie,

1) Nod either had only one kind of laser defense that looked like an obelisk but was smaller and less powerfull... (something in-between the laser and the current obelisk)

or 2) the old version of the laser (see topic in TSR forum) was a replacement for the obelisk.. because it looks far too powerful on those screenshots...

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thedvd wrote:
TerroR wrote:
FinalMoon wrote:
Turalyon wrote:

Of course, you talk that way too... Wink LOL
Wink

But anyway, back to the subject... or well, back to the obelisks.... i guess that when they made that movie,

1) Nod either had only one kind of laser defense that looked like an obelisk but was smaller and less powerfull... (something in-between the laser and the current obelisk)

or 2) the old version of the laser (see topic in TSR forum) was a replacement for the obelisk.. because it looks far too powerful on those screenshots...
dvd the 1st idea is correct and i was saying that!
The old laser turret, when i say that it does not mean excactly that it is this release version

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This?

unstoppable.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  236.12 KB
 Viewed:  7318 Time(s)

unstoppable.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah that one

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
dvd the 1st idea is correct and i was saying that!

dude, the first one is not correct

in that very old beta screenshot you see a Obelisk of Light

THEE obelisk of light, not a laser turret or a mini obelisk

There are many many things different in the FMV's compared to the game, a really obvious and recently discussed one is the laser turret, looks utterly different ingame to the FMV's

The obelisk in the FMV looks alot more like what is in this extremely old beta pic

but u see the laser turrets out side of the base... these are laser turrets
the obelisk is the obelisk

the fact that it does hardly any damage and has different noises is irrelevant, things in the FMV's are always different (often better) but sometimes not Wink

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what are you talking about laser turrets outside the base?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in the FMV

anyway thats straying off subject

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they put it in the concept for TS but dont include it

they put turtle mode in the concept for RA2 but dont include it

AHHH! what is wrong with Westwood

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lot's of things... but especially with EA. but we aren't discussing this.... WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ALPHA IMAGES!!!

Btw, SmiffGig do you know if it's possible to set, for example, GAWEAP as the Alpha image of another building....

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm

in short u would have to change the file it relates to in the conquer.mix

also put it in same pallete, i have no idea of results but it would probably look really dumb and faulty

anyway if u really wanna know how to do all that ill give u more info

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
hmm

in short u would have to change the file it relates to in the conquer.mix

also put it in same pallete, i have no idea of results but it would probably look really dumb and faulty

anyway if u really wanna know how to do all that ill give u more info

Well the only info i really need are what pallette in uses, and to what file in conquer.mix it relates... i didnt find it. BTW, the light spot is also some kind of alpha image right? it's just moving...

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe it works like use this image and if it is not use the image specified in Image=

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon