Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FS Idonia Swamp (2-3)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject:  FS Idonia Swamp (2-3)
Subject description: The LAT Addict strikes again!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Was bored, so I made this.

Sorry guys, No triggers this time. If I'm feeling really nice, I May make a new version with plenty.

Edit: Fixed the shores.

Fixed Idonia.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Fixed Idonia.zip
 Filesize:  73.96 KB
 Downloaded:  559 Time(s)

Last edited by Aro on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:31 am; edited 5 times in total

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm I'm sorry Aro...but I took a quick look in final sun and at those pics..but I really don't like it based off of those...but give me maybe a week to actually play it ingame.

Reasons as of right now why I don't like it based off my quick look:
-layout is too simple in my general taste.
-lighting is blehck. The only plus thing is that it isn't your usual lighting that is similar to your other maps.
-theres a cliff connection error in the top right corner beneath the cliff ramp below that waterfall.
-based on the pics from what I can see it would appear you tried hard to make your tib lighting be toned down well...but I think it is perhaps too toned down for once Confused
-you left out triggers although you had placed waypoints and what not at the buildings. By looking at the positions I can only assume a civi evac trigger.
-I just really wouldn't call that a river...maybe a small stream that is getting dried out....#Tongue really where im headed with this comment is that the water just doesn't seem to fit realistically IMO.

but again...I still have to play it in-game...maybe the game play will be nice. Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, you just made my day. Sarcasm...
Ahh well, I Guess we're all entitled to an opinion. What do you mean by connection error? I Went over the top right corner and I saw no error(s). Confused

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
What do you mean by connection error? I Went over the top right corner and I saw no error(s). Confused

well then I have one piece of advice...maybe? and that is don't drink and map Laughing just joking with you. But since I'm a nice guy I went back and took a picture even though I had closed finalsun already. See below.

dontdrinkandmap.PNG
 Description:
wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 Filesize:  32.25 KB
 Viewed:  9163 Time(s)

dontdrinkandmap.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoops, Time for a quick fix. #Tongue
Anyway, on a different note, I Find it really strange how The Shakster on TiberiumWeb liked everything that you didn't. It's amazing how people can have such different opinions on things.

I've fixed that error, new version uploaded.

Icicle56
Civilian

Location: I like my self to been see though Video game charaters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very cool aro Very Happy

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said on TiberiumWeb...

Quote:
It's a very good map IMO. Though, to me, the bases are a little too close for comfort ^^; I like the map and it's lighting though, very good. To me, 7/10. Though as you said there's no triggers in the map, the layout is pretty good. But as I said, I feel as if the start locations are a little to close for the people that like big maps and big battles.

Funny thing about the map, I was laughing after I blew up the AI's ConYard, factory, and refineries. They were pumping out engineers trying to steal my structures, though my reapers took care of them... Even if they are a danger to themselves as I discovered this time.

NOTE: All that Tiberium in the AI's base is from them killing my reaper waves xD So many reapers lost their... Um... Data... In that fight.

#Tongue Ether way you put it, I just simply like this map. ^^

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the detailing and lighting is nice, although I've seen it before. You got a few shore errors BTW, and yes, I got TO installed.. don't mind the different terrain. Everything else about the map is nice.. a simple 3 player map Smile

And please post a minimap next time.

errors.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.48 KB
 Viewed:  9105 Time(s)

errors.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was a very good reason why I didn't want to post a mini-map, unfortunatly, I can't remember that reason. #Tongue Maybe I was just being lazy.
Anyway, Those errors are not found on my FinalSun, I think that It's the TO Terrain just playing up, maybe the shores are different. Who knows.
Thanks for all the comments, Still awaiting at least one or two more in-game reviews.

Waaaaaaahhhh =( No one voted for a spotlight or anything.

coolmoon
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that map looks great in the screenshots...! i think

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mini-Map added.

idoniamini.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.6 KB
 Viewed:  9076 Time(s)

idoniamini.PNG

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro, you fail.. The shores are overlapped... even with Tiberian Sun terrain.

Error2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.68 KB
 Viewed:  9065 Time(s)

Error2.PNG

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Waaaaaaahhhh =( No one voted for a spotlight or anything.

That would be because we all know you can do better than this. Wink

And I'm also afraid to say that Crashy is right on the shore errors. If you ever need a fail safe way of telling that the shores aren't messed up then turn autoshore back on select a LAT piece and hover it over a few cells away on ground. The shore will bugger up if there is a shore error. When I tested using this method on your map it did indeed happen. Try doing that method in that tib field of Crashking's post. (although this doesn't alway show them as that top one that crashking pointed out doesn't bugger up but nonetheless it is one. It just doesn't work right)

But just to make sure you see....I got out my temperat.ini that shows everything correctly in the temperate theater. (So crystal cliffs, shores, destroyable and such get shown in marble madness correctly.)

As you can see in the picture below I have boxed in blue the areas that need fixing. Starting at the top right and moving down and left this is what the errors are...
1- Just look at the stuff in the red box and you will see how this one should be.
2-Must have forgotten to add a corner shore piece or overlapped it later.
3- overlapped the water part of the shore. Sadly you can't do that with the shore pieces as it screws up the shore.

aroshore.PNG
 Description:
see comments above.
 Filesize:  47.64 KB
 Viewed:  9051 Time(s)

aroshore.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Aro, you fail..

There is a difference between failing and not being able to see something. I STILL can't see those errors in my FinalSun. >_>

Quote:
That would be because we all know you can do better than this.

I Must confess, I Made this map within a space of two hours. Probobly why It lacks what most of my spotlighted maps have.

Quote:

And I'm also afraid to say that Crashy is right on the shore errors. If you ever need a fail safe way of telling that the shores aren't messed up then turn autoshore back on select a LAT piece and hover it over a few cells away on ground. The shore will bugger up if there is a shore error. When I tested using this method on your map it did indeed happen. Try doing that method in that tib field of Crashking's post. (although this doesn't alway show them as that top one that crashking pointed out doesn't bugger up but nonetheless it is one. It just doesn't work right)

But seriously... In my FinalSun (And T.I For that matter), I Don't see the shore errors. Could you upload your version of the temperat.ini files? I shall be able to fix these as soon as I'm actually able to see them.

Edit: Nevermind, I'll fix the shores in a bit.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
There is a difference between failing and not being able to see something. I STILL can't see those errors in my FinalSun. >_>

It was a harmless joke about you failing to blame it on TO or other's TS version #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro at TiberiumWeb wrote:
CrashKing, They're not shore errors, That's the TO Terrain causing the shores to appear like that, if anyone else gets the same problem, but with the original terrain, be sure to let me know. Thanks all.

Did you read through that properly? #Tongue
Anyway, I've fixed those shores now.
Cheers, Crash. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon