Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
I need X-com 1 help!
Moderators: Terror From The Deep Staff, DonutArnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject:  I need X-com 1 help!
Subject description: Serious help
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, So first problem is on how to destroy an alien command center, and I really dont know how to do it. <<<--Still need help with this one.

Third problem now is economics.

So Im stuck raiding alien bases.

Last edited by inzane krazy on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1)You might have too many bases & crafts - aliens can't launch ships due to token limit.
2)You didn't research them? I believe YOU can research alloys, once you'vve researched them
3)To get a alien planet you need (in following order):
Any live, intellegent alien=>Alien Leader=>Alien Commander (Thats why you raid bases. He sits in the control room with four pink computers).

Is that all?

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I finally got to researching power suits, I researched them already and I only have one base at america near washington and new york,

And Im really stuck raiding bases and getting live speciments.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could use Tazor or Small Launcher with Stun Bombs when you have researched it...

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he means X-Com UFO help, in that case they'll be the 'Small Launcher' and the Stun Rod. Stun Rod can be bought off the market, you have to stand next to the alien then attack him, you'll see Stun, which usually uses 22 or so time units, and then that will drug the alien unconscious. Beware, it doesn't always work due to their health being higher than the Stun Rod's attack so multiple jabs are needed.

Small Launcher is an Alien researchable item, you might have noticed this in Terror Missions where explosions are rife, but you don't hear any civilian screams. That's them firing stun bombs to knock them unconscious, and they'll eventually use it against you, mainly rookies will be knocked out by one hit from those bombs but more experienced troops which have more health and armour will take more of the blast. You can eventually use it to knock out aliens without the threat of getting close, or to neutralise the threat of an armed alien.

To destroy an alien command center, either:

1) Kill all aliens at the base, everything gets recovered.
2) Find a large area where there's a grav lift, and on the top floor, there should be the alien commanders, which you'll need to bag eventually. Around that area is a bunch of consoles going all the way around the room, destroy all those, and you can leave to abort the mission and it should say 'Alien Base Control Destroyed'. In TFTD, they just simpled this to blow up a small swirly thing called a Synomium Device.

Be advised some Alien Bases are great for using them to raid Elerium or in TFTD, Zrbite. If you find a Floater base, it's good for mining that particular race, but for Ethereals, Snakemen and Muton bases, I'd be sure to wipe them out as soon as I can as you know how strong all those races are. Sectoids are a bit meh, they're weak physically but they make it up with powerful guns so I'd be cautious.

For Economics, start manufacturing Laser Rifles/Laser stuff, (Gauss in TFTD) and sell them on the market. It keeps the manufacturers busy and also you get more profit from what you sell, just make sure to dump all the stock before the end of the month. Also sell all unneeded alien equipment and all corpses except for 1 (for research), you'll be surprised at what you bag in your missions.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agree - floaters make for great Smash n' Grab missions. I believe what power & flying suit users are unaffected by smoke and stun weapons.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, Thanks Elerium and Gufu, Thanks alot, but then again, there are alot of wrong things I do in alien base raiding, any strat?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1)Using explosive can be helpfull - if your men have suits. HE cannon ammo barely scratched men in power armor - and thus you can just run around the dark hallways, blowing shit up... oh - AND ALWAYS keep a laser pistol in the belt.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, bad news is, I dont play x-com anymore cause my dad banned me to downloading games, *sigh*
and besides, I keep failing in the missions Surprised

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tell him X-Com is abandonware, Julian Gollop, one of the leading devs even stated on a forum somewhere that he thinks it is completely stupid whoever should keep X-Com for copyright, as it's an old game anyway which nobody would really care about (the license has been dead for like 8 years). Unless Irrational Games pulls through and revives the license..

Also make sure to get a Tank early and use cover a lot.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea I egree using HWPs in early game, Which one should I use more often btw? cannon or rocket?

EDIT: also, he didnt ban me for pirating games, he banned me for downloading games cause he says that the games I downloaded broke our computer.... >.> TA SPRING <.< that game broke my previous motherboard I think, since its the last thing I played before the comp broke.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rocket is excellent early on, but when in cityfight it can become hazardous.

*Extra points are lost if X-Com kills civilians rather than the aliens*

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155 wrote:
Rocket is excellent early on, but when in cityfight it can become hazardous.

*Extra points are lost if X-Com kills civilians rather than the aliens*

Just for a random fact.. I would suggest to use High Explosives (HE) in the cities to deal with cyberdisks... it helps a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon