Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TS] Nod Scorpion Super Heavy Walker (MMKII is history)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:  [TS] Nod Scorpion Super Heavy Walker (MMKII is history)
Subject description: elite nod unit
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

This is a unit i've made and already posted on tiberiumsun.com.
Its a giant scorpion for Nod as a Walker unit with 8 legs
It comes with a 20 Frames walking animation
8 Standing Frames
40 Deathframes (yeah it gets destroyed spectacular, i think) + unique explosion separated in two stages (take a look at my example code how this works)
40 Firing Frames for each of the 8 facings (charge up animation for very heavy Laser Cannon mounted on the tail)
1 Build-menu Icon
1 Hit animation for the laser cannon

use it as you want, but if you release a mod using this unit, I would like to see a little note that it is from me. Smile

here comes the code for art rules and sound ini for a faster implementation. but its only an example

oh before i forget it. the unit uses FiringSyncFrame1= and that is as far as i know a firestorm command. means, that it is possible that only with firestorm installed the firing animation is perfect syncronized to the weapon firing. i dont know how it is if someone only has TS. but if you have FS it is usable in TS too.

art.ini
Code:

[SCORPION]
Voxel=no
Remapable=yes
Cameo=SCORICON
PrimaryFireFLH=140,0,300
Facings=8
WalkFrames=20
StandingFrames=1
DeathFrames=40
DeathFrameRate=3
StartWalkFrame=0
StartStandFrame=160
StartDeathFrame=488
MaxDeathCounter=256
FiringFrames=40
StartFiringFrame=168
FiringSyncFrame1=25

[SCDETH1X];Scorpion Walker Destruction Prepare Explosion
Normalized=yes
Translucent=no
Report=EXPNEW09
UseNormalLight=yes
Rate=500
Next=SCDETH2X
[SCDETH2X];Scorpion Walker Destruction Final Explosion
Normalized=yes
Translucent=yes
Translucency=75
Report=HUGEEXP1
UseNormalLight=yes
Crater=yes
Scorch=yes
Rate=500

[SCEXPLO];Scorpion Walker Laser Explosion
Normalized=yes
Translucent=yes
Report=EXPNEW09
UseNormalLight=yes
Crater=yes
Scorch=yes

[SCEXPLOINIT];Scorpion Walker Laser Explosion
Image=none
Elasticity=0.0
MinZVel=0.1
MaxXYVel=1
ExpireAnim=SCEXPLO
Spawns=SCEXPLOWAVE
SpawnCount=500
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=0
Rate=0
DetailLevel=0
RandomRate=0,0
Bouncer=yes

[SCEXPLOWAVE];shockwave damage effect
Image=none
Elasticity=0.0
MinZVel=1.0
MaxXYVel=100.0
ExpireAnim=INVISO
Damage=0   ;inviso already has 1 damage, thats enough
DamageRadius=50
Warhead=SuperScorpion
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=8
LoopCount=-1
Rate=500
DetailLevel=0
RandomRate=220,500
Bouncer=yes

rules.ini
Code:

[VehicleTypes]
66=SCORPION

[Animations]
841=SCEXPLOINIT
842=SCEXPLOWAVE
843=SCEXPLO
844=SCDETH1X;Scorpion Walker Destruction Prepare Explosions
847=SCDETH2X;Scorpion Walker Destruction Final Explosion

[Warheads]
53=SuperScorpion

[SCORPION]
Name=Score-P-Ion ;okay its only a beta version name, find a better one
Prerequisite=NODFACTORY,NARADR,NATECH,NATMPL
Primary=ScorpionLaser
Elite=ScorpionLaserElite
Strength=1000
Category=AFV
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=9
Turret=no
IsTilter=no
TargetLaser=no
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Sight=10
Speed=3
SelfHealing=yes
CrateGoodie=no
Crusher=yes
Owner=Nod
Cost=2500
Points=25
ROT=5
Explodes=no   ;if yes death-anim makes more and more damage
Explosion=SCDETH1X  ;use his own explosion
VoiceSelect=drrpsel1,drrpsel2,drrpsel3
VoiceMove=drrpmov1,drrpmov2,drrpsel1,drrpsel2
VoiceAttack=drrpatk1,drrpatk2,drrpatk3,drrpatk4,drrpsel3,drrpsel1
VoiceFeedback=
MaxDebris=4
DebrisTypes=PIECE,GASTANK
DebrisMaximums=2,2
Locomotor={55D141B8-DB94-11d1-AC98-006008055BB5}
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=15   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
Weight=3.5
VeteranAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER
EliteAbilities=SENSORS
Accelerates=false
ImmuneToVeins=yes
BuildLimit=2

[ScorpionLaser]
Damage=200
ROF=150
Range=10
Speed=100
Warhead=SuperScorpion
Report=MOBEMP1
LaserInnerColor = 255,175,175
LaserOuterColor = 255,0,0
LaserOuterSpread= 20,40,40
LaserDuration = 20
Projectile=LLine
IsBigLaser=true
IsLaser=true
Charges=yes

[ScorpionLaserElite]
Damage=300
ROF=150
Range=13
Speed=100
Warhead=SuperScorpion
Report=MOBEMP1
LaserInnerColor = 255,175,175
LaserOuterColor = 255,0,0
LaserOuterSpread= 20,40,40
LaserDuration = 25
Projectile=LLine
IsBigLaser=true
IsLaser=true
Charges=yes

[SuperScorpion]
Spread=1024
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
InfDeath=5
Tiberium=yes
ProneDamage=60%
Sparky=yes
AnimList=SCEXPLOINIT

sound.ini
Code:

[SoundList]
400=hugeExp1

[hugeExp1]
Priority=75 ; this one is rare, so it must come when its time
Volume=1.0

ingamescorpion.jpeg
 Description:
scorpion ingame showing the standing frames
some firing frames
some walking frames (it makes dust while walking)
 Filesize:  229.34 KB
 Viewed:  28886 Time(s)

ingamescorpion.jpeg

sco_cameo.jpeg
 Description:
build menu icon
 Filesize:  3.31 KB
 Viewed:  28887 Time(s)

sco_cameo.jpeg

scovoice.zip
 Description:
the voice effects i used in the example code (for those who are interested)
BUT its in german.

Download
 Filename:  scovoice.zip
 Filesize:  76.04 KB
 Downloaded:  1171 Time(s)

hugeExp1.zip
 Description:
explosion sound effect for destruction (used in my example code)

Download
 Filename:  hugeExp1.zip
 Filesize:  52.25 KB
 Downloaded:  1163 Time(s)

LKOscorpion30.zip
 Description:
zio with
scorpion.shp (the unit)
scoricon.shp (cameo)
scdeth1x.shp (death explosion stage 1)
scdeth2x.shp (death explosion stage 2)
scexplo.shp (weapon explosion)

Download
 Filename:  LKOscorpion30.zip
 Filesize:  837.42 KB
 Downloaded:  1967 Time(s)

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the record, if you have the latest TS patch you can use any FS code in TS without any problems.

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:O Nice.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next to the preview shot with the size comparison of the tick tank, whats that little insect looking unit?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats my Nod Cobra. a fast walking/running medium mech.
i already posted that too on tiberiumsun.com.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The attack animation has a remappable ball when it fires, which has a black outline and looks bad when it is very dark. You should fix that...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how
removing it and instead make it as a firing animation isn't possible because it doesn't charge up before the weapon fires.
and to remove the dark outline is a problem to, because it is a light effect with glowing light source that gets rendered in front of a black background. so it always fades into the dark background.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's uber amazing!!! and to think that it's all SHP too! I have to say that that is the coolest and best made SHP I've ever seen yet!! Surprised

I made a stealth tank and called it 'Sting' and I thought it was rather good; but it surely pales in comparison to your scorpion vehicle! Very Happy

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
how
removing it and instead make it as a firing animation isn't possible because it doesn't charge up before the weapon fires.
and to remove the dark outline is a problem to, because it is a light effect with glowing light source that gets rendered in front of a black background. so it always fades into the dark background.

Use the RA2 unittem.pal palette in SHP builder, it has a blue background instead of a black background, and uses all the same colors as the TS unittem.pal palette. That way you could try to remove the outlines, and also, I wouldn't mind this unit not having that ball when it attacks, look at the Obelisk of Light, no red glowing ball when it fires either...

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit, this unit kicks ass!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
Darentei
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see you posted it here, oh master of SHPs.

When was the last time you checked TumSun? I think you should do just that.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks
it's not that long ago (yesterday i think). i'm not one of those who post each day in each thread they find, only a comment like "could be better" or "i like this". I do like more the constructive critism. That doesn't says that i dislike good comments on my units Very Happy
i think today in the evening or tomorrow i have a new unit ready for posting it there.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the chassis should be larger to support that fat tail, but very good work.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ReFlex wrote:
Holy shit, this unit kicks ass!

I fuggin Agree! Shocked

Darentei
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant check out some of the comments and maybe reply to them... You haven't done that in weeks.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O M G, that thing pwnerz!! thumbs up, awesome work!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this unit is a friggamaister! excelent work! I guess you could work with the fire anim though, I don't like when it turns out yellow.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
Use the RA2 unittem.pal palette in SHP builder, it has a blue background instead of a black background, and uses all the same colors as the TS unittem.pal palette. That way you could try to remove the outlines, and also, I wouldn't mind this unit not having that ball when it attacks, look at the Obelisk of Light, no red glowing ball when it fires either...

then it would fade into a blue outline. i don't think i'm going to remake the fire anim soon. At least i like it that way, even with the black ball that starts glowing red. Perhaps one day i feel like redoing that but not now. sorry. In addition i wanted it's anim sth special compared to the already known one from original units/buildings. btw i have a new idea coming in my mind that removes the outline at all, but i will see when i make this or even if.

Darentei wrote:
I meant check out some of the comments and maybe reply to them... You haven't done that in weeks.

hmm, i'm not someone for much small talk. even if i don't answer every comment i read them all and am thankful for all the great comments.

Yuri 06 wrote:
I guess you could work with the fire anim though, I don't like when it turns out yellow.

the reason why i did it remappable is, because this is the only pure red colorsceme. else it would have become a mix of yellow, gold and red.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow...Surprised That SHP is amazaing, nice work man. What did you make it with?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Darentei
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll remake the fire anim, the one from on the end of the tail, at least. Or I'll try.

Devine Eclipse
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats got to be the best unit I've ever seen especially an Shp unit. I guess if i had to critique it, the only thing i would change is the amount of legs, but dont mind me thats brilliant. 5 freaking stars dude!

Tourist: A person who travels a thousand miles to get a picture of himself standing by his car.

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try not to bump topics unless you have something constructive to say. Hey, your new, and i used to do it as well Laughing

Last edited by Tartan Bunny on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TB, stop being a ass hat to the guy, your the one making yourself look stupid...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!