Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Flawed Land [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
coolmoon
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject:  Flawed Land [2]
Subject description: a map :O
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i made a map.! Its been a while so I dont know if its actualy good or not Very Happy and I couldnt figure out how to change my screenshots out of pcx .. so

Flawed.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Flawed.mpr
 Filesize:  166.51 KB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well there are a few ways to change them out of PCX. The way I choose because it is quite simple is to use Ifran View and open up the PCX pictures in it since it supports them and then save them as PNGs. Look into downloading and getting IfranView Here

As for the map itself....
Looking at it in finalsun

I see various cliff errors across the map. It seems to come from not using the cliff connections/corners. Are you using Marble Madness aka framework mode?(In marble madness these pieces show up as C33a C34a C39 and C40)
I also just noticed that the water cliffs in the bottom left side of the map and the land for them is not leveled. In such that the cliff tops are at a height level of 7 while the land by the dirt road right next to them is only at 3. Confused
but besides those errors I like your cliffwork

As for the layout in general it is quite nice I must say although it seems that it is slightly imbalanced as the left side player appears to be closer to a good majority of the tiberium areas with tib trees while the right side players seems to be farther away. Although I did just notice on my 2nd scan of the area that there are some tib trees on the right side that don't start out with tib around them but would certainly produce some for that player shortly into the game.

It seems you like placing down the ammo crates. I'm sure you have some reasoning for that?

Finally...I noticed that there is white space above the blue line in final sun. This will cause a slight buggy like terrain error when viewing the bottom of the map. It will pretty much 'smear' the terrain at the bottom to fit. The way to fix this is to change the visible height of the map so that the blue line is just above the highest point on the bottom of the map. (so that there isn't any white space above the blue line)

Anyways if you fix all the errors and fix the balance a little then I think this will be a fairly good map. Provided I haven't gotten to play it in game yet though.
(BTW...you might want to remove the reveal all map trigger Wink )

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: arrgh Ix beat meh #Tongue

I use XCC mixer to convert pcx's.. but, I usually just use the prnt scrn button and paste in paint

it's a decent 2 player map.. (but you forgot to remove the reveal trigger dude #Tongue )
There are a great deal of cliff errors thogh to look over, and you need some more lighting - light posts in cities, green around tiberium, black lights in places that aren't noticed as much

pic 2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  774.01 KB
 Viewed:  3995 Time(s)

pic 2.PNG

pic 1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  878.78 KB
 Viewed:  3995 Time(s)

pic 1.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I can see in the pictures, that doesn't actually look too bad. I like maps like that one. Not too much detail and not too little detail. I'll play this one and give it my review another time.

coolmoon
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the comments i 4got about invisible posts thought they werent suppose 2 b used Smile

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got some cliff errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon