Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Renaming?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:  Renaming?
Subject description: Making units in-map have different names?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to make, for example, 2 civilian buildings (same type) and rename ONE of them, then make it capturable with a trigger that is set off when done so? Question

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a trigger around it so when engineer steps on it, it would delete engineer and change building owner?

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Makes sense, but how would I make it capturable in the first place; or how to tell when to delete the engineer? The cells I don't understand, so I don't know how to place the trigger around the building.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er... change the maps entry for that building to actually have two buildings. When time comes, just let trigger erase the first one and add an old one.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Maps entry'? and the rest sounds a little bit confusing. Can you please explain a little bit more?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes and yes. They are both possible.

In order to do the first one you may wish to take a building that you will want to have as a clone of the one you want 2 of. Then you would set it up like the building you wish to have 2 of. So lets say you wish to have 2 Port-A-Shack Deluxe/D's Dog House buildings and aren't going to use the Port-A-Shack. Then you would do this...

this is the original coding for the Port-A-Shack
Code:

[CA0015]
Name=Port-A-Shack
TechLevel=-1
Strength=300
Insignificant=yes
Nominal=yes
RadarInvisible=yes
Points=5
Armor=light
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=0
DamageParticleSystems=SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
IsBase=no

now add it into your map file using wordpad and change it by adding image= to the Port-A-Shack Deluxes/D's Dog House ini thing, add capturable=true since you will want it to be capturable, and then change the name like so.
Code:

[CA0015]
Image=CA0016
Name=Ixith's Mapping Fun House
Capturable=true

*note you only have to add the coding to what you wish to change for the map. If you wish to change other things then you will need the other parts of the Port-A-Shack code in your map.

Then on your map wherever you place a Port-A-Shack it will actually be a Clone of the Port-A-Shack Deluxe/D's Dog House with the name of whatever you set it to.

As for the trigger. If you want one to be capturable just add the capturable=true tag into their entry on your map file. Now engineers can enter the building. Now set up your trigger. Create new trigger and name it. Then use an event of 1: Entered By... and set a -1 value in for the parameter value. This does work and it will allow the trigger to fire for when ANY house sends an engineer into the building. Now create your action and set it to whatever you are wanting it to be. Smile

I hope out of all of that you can understand it and use it to do what you were wanting to do. The best of luck with your map and hope to see some from you soon![/code]

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I understand what to do, but am I supposed to be editing the rules.ini or coding for the map? (If coding for the map, please explain what to do to get there. I don't know how to code maps.)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you add this to the coding of the map.
In order to add that stuff to the map you simply find your map file where ever you keep it, presumably the TS directory, and right click it and go to "Open With" and choose wordpad. Once in your map file in wordpad add the desired changes to anywhere in the map file...usually placed in the top portion or the very bottom to keep things orderly.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Ixith, Gufu. You were a lot of help. If I were a dog I would lick you. Twisted Evil (PS: Joke, not insult.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon