Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
Computer do nothing
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Satyriasis
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject:  Computer do nothing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys! First of all, congratulations for this excelent and helpfull forum! I'm portuguese, and my english is not very good, so, I hope you understand me!

I'm new on Final Sun! I have a problem: I've made a map, a singleplayer map! I've stablished the houses! Human player is GDI, the computer is NOD! The problem is: Nod do nothing... They don't produce, they don't attack my base, they do nothing... The auto prodution triggers are on, the AI Enable triggers are on, but they don't do nothing... The only thing they produce is Infantry, because they start with Hand of Nod! I've made another test: I gave them money, of course, and a MCV! They just deploy the MCV, nothing more... Sad (sorry if this is a repeated thread, but I searched for this and I found nothing...)

I hope you can help me! Thanks!

PS: another question: Why my map's bottom is always cutted? :S

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also never succeeded in having the AI build a base in singleplayer. It doesn't really happen in the TS campaign either.

The bottom of your maps probably isn't cut off, but you just can't see it, because your map has cliffs or high terrain near the bottom.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, looks who's back #Tongue
Anyways, what the DvD says is right. In all campaign maps, the AI starts with a pre-build base, so they don't have to build one. Sometimes they replace lost structures, but this is also set by the map...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FALSE!!!!!!! Sry, but that had to be Smile There is a map where the computer build a base - a nod mission where you have to recapture the tactitus from the crashed "Scrin Ship". There comes a MCV through a dropship and goes to a specified place and build there a whole base. But that is made through triggers, I think, because it was everytime the same base Wink

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
FALSE!!!!!!! Sry, but that had to be Smile There is a map where the computer build a base - a nod mission where you have to recapture the tactitus from the crashed "Scrin Ship". There comes a MCV through a dropship and goes to a specified place and build there a whole base. But that is made through triggers, I think, because it was everytime the same base Wink

It used "base node" system. when you use FS open that map you will see translucent of building. To open this function you must tick "beginner mode" to off.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that I also noticed... But in a different map Smile

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes those are base nodes, making those with FinalSun is no problem. The problem is that the AI won't go into 'skirmish behaviour' even when told to.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so you have to lead it by it's nose into every attack, every advance and every defence? Damn, but you can set triggers, say "when unit of player goes to point X force fire at point Y with unit group A until Bridge Z is destroyed?"

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI Building a base in Single-player is Dependant on Base Nodes. It's your choice as to what structures they build, however when it comes to what units they build and how they use them, it's completely up to AI Triggers.

Satyriasis
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Yes those are base nodes, making those with FinalSun is no problem. The problem is that the AI won't go into 'skirmish behaviour' even when told to.

Sad

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll see what I can do Very Happy How do I edit base nodes?

EDIT: My map:

I think there is no problem Neutral I don't understand!

Another question: How can I make a "Restate Mission"? You know, when we pause the game and go to the briefing! Thanks Very Happy

Satyriasis
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Satyriasis wrote:
Another question: How can I make a "Restate Mission"? You know, when we pause the game and go to the briefing! Thanks Very Happy

Anyone can help me Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You must edit mission1.ini in order to do that, take a look at Twisted Insurrections mission1.ini for an example:

Code:
;eg=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

; Aro

;-------------------
; TWISTED INSURRECTION
;-------------------

;Nod Mission 1
[FSNOD01.MAP]
Name=[Operation: Robots and Radars]
Briefing=FSNOD01

[FSNOD01]
1=WIP

;Nod Mission 2
[FSNOD02.MAP]
Name=[Operation: Convoy Canyon]
Briefing=FSNOD02

[FSNOD02]
1=WIP

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the issue of not seeing that bottom area, where is the blue line for your map? If it's where the yellow line there is made, then you'll have to move it down below the things you want to see. Just make sure theres space between the blue and red lines for unit teams created off map so they can enter the map via triggers. If that is the case with the blue line, click edit>map and adjust the values. You can look at the help file that comes with FS as to learn how to edit it. I can't remember it at the moment since I'm not at my computer. Hope it helps. ^_^;

Vinifera7
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even so, the map seems to cut off at the highest elevation in order to avoid showing empty space.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Satyriasis
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shakar, thanks for the map tips! I undestood now! Very Happy Now my map is correctly sized!

Aro, I think I understood your example, but where do I write the briefing?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where it says "FSNod01'" In my example, write your briefing like so:

1=This is my briefing
2=This is the second line in my briefing

etc:

The 'x's at the top indicate how long your text should go across the line for as if it's any longer than the key above it'll come out strange in-game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon