Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
GDI VTO Dropship
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject:  GDI VTO Dropship Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the Dropship from the Tiberian Dawn concept art as seen here. I made it for my TD mod to be used as part of a Paradrop type SW but thought it could be useful in TS mods too, especially as a replacement for the Orca bomber etc.

There are three different version of it in the zip: Full size, RA2 & TS.

vtodrop.ZIP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  vtodrop.ZIP
 Filesize:  90.05 KB
 Downloaded:  869 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, interesting. I was never really much of a fan of that concept, but its a nice model never the less Wink

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice detail,i like it. Smile

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agree..make more. Smile

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa whoa...This thing is mightily stylish!

hrm..kinda feels anachronistic. I could imagine..a wicked WWII/TS hybrid......with steampunk influences. #Tongue

Last edited by Ickus on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work as usually.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DAMN! Thats really nice. Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one more for the spotlight

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight! hit the deck! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I wonder how you make your voxels look so perfect.
Anyway, I heard you made a tutorial on making voxels but I can't seem to find it.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mad likes it! it must be good then ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Team Black for finding it.

One last question to MigEater: how did you convert the aircraft diagram into a voxel format that was used as a template in your tutorial?

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool!

It's got that WW2 P38 Vibe going on.

Definate Spotlight!

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, nice work !! spotlight
Very Happy

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's beautiful, SPOTLIGHT IT Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say: spotlight!
Also, should't this voxel be created for TS...

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with some work it could be converted over to TS Cool

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was made for a RA2 mod but there is a small TS version in the zip

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sh*t, Really nice voxel, SPOTLIGHT IT Man. Wink

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 words: fuckin nice #Tongue

made this one too 2 years ago...
but yours defenetly far more detailed

oh btw...
i know that those are the ts-gdi-colors...
but they´re far to bright...

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say spotlight #Tongue The center fuselarge looks a bit strange though...=/

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No spotlight then :/

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Normally i would say anything you make is 1st class Mig, but this has a certain air about it that im just not sure about. I think its the yellow, normally your voxels are very detailed and i can tell from the VV shot that this is no exception, but the yellow is too bold it just drowns out all the detail.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
Normally i would say anything you make is 1st class Mig, but this has a certain air about it that im just not sure about. I think its the yellow, normally your voxels are very detailed and i can tell from the VV shot that this is no exception, but the yellow is too bold it just drowns out all the detail.

Agreed. RA2 engine tends to ztype up the gold color scheme completely.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm k, I made it using TS colours but yer RA2 is a lot brighter so messes it up a bit.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
hmm k, I made it using TS colours but yer RA2 is a lot brighter so messes it up a bit.

Got a TS screenie at all Mig?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry no, I haven't played TS in years XD

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mind if I use this in a mod of mine? Very Happy

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Nice mig..dont change anything.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
Mind if I use this in a mod of mine? Very Happy

I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want anyone to use it.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love this, because the visuals, give me the effect of visualizing a WWII/C&C hybrid.

the GDI Allied Nations against the Nod Reich? Kinda that Hell Boy stylization, with outlandish weapons inspired by the C&C. Maybe some "Sky Captain" influences. oy @ the concept art of Kane in that Schutzstaffel uniform. x__x

anyways, again nice work.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WW2 o.0!? Not exactly what I was aiming for, don't tell me that my Gfx style has now become synonymous with WW2!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh no. it just was my mind. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After some months, this voxel has been spotlighted. Nice job, Miggy! And sorry for taking so long... Smile

darknessvolt.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too good for an Osprey! Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 months after the last post, you must be REALLY busy Banshee not to notice this amazing voxel!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
darknessvolt

AARGH! It's back! IP ban it! IP ban it!!!
BTW I quite like that Migeater, it does have a certain style to it and it reminds me of a C119 "flying boxcar".

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somehow it's impossible to keep that n00b away...
Anyways, good you spotlighted it Banshee (even if it's a few months late #Tongue)

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, I like it, now I just need a counterpart Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!