Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The XWIS map pack
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:  The XWIS map pack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Included are 177 common maps you'll probably come across on xwis, including comp stomps, mod maps, visceroid maps, and some other random stuff. None of these maps require the Firestorm expansion.

Just take the files from the zip, and put them into yuor TS directory..
if you don't know where that is, search for sun.exe, that should be in the TS dirrectory Wink

I DID NOT make any of these maps.
These are just a bunch of maps from my TS directory after playing on xwis a lot, that I decided to compile for the public.
2.0 edit, about 120 maps added from Ordosherrscher - thanks!
updated to 2.1 - updated the missions56.pkt so all 177 of the maps are available

There's a a chance some maps are repeated twice in the pack, and also a chance some maps here don't work..

To those who use the Massive Map Pack:
This map pack is INCOMPATIBLE with the Massive Map Pack, as the numbers in the map list in missions.pkt will be the same.
It's easy to fix this - simply open up both missions.pkt files in Notepad, and copy the contents from one into the other, making sure the numbered map list has no repeated numbers.

XMP 2.1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  XMP 2.1.zip
 Filesize:  2.87 MB
 Downloaded:  1085 Time(s)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Visceroid maps?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah.. you start surrounded by walls, and there's like 1000 visceroids on the map. You build more walls and extend your base. You can try to bust the other guy's wall, lead viscs to their base, or just kil all the viscs around yours
It's really kind of fun, despite how nooby it sounds..

The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda like fighting off a shitload of zombies in Resident Evil. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype. I wish my TS worked now... Somebody should do a visceroid map which is actually decently detailed. Not like, bland and shit.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ztype. I wish my TS worked now... Somebody should do a visceroid map which is actually decently detailed. Not like, bland and shit.

I did, like three years ago. I May still have it somewhere, I'll have a look.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Team Black: No problem^^ I played a lot online, so I thought, I could send you some^^
EDIT: Sorry TB, but did you even changed something? The .mix and the .pkt are the same - only the readme is different. Maybe you uploaded the wrong thing?

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
yeah.. you start surrounded by walls, and there's like 1000 visceroids on the map. You build more walls and extend your base. You can try to bust the other guy's wall, lead viscs to their base, or just kil all the viscs around yours
It's really kind of fun, despite how nooby it sounds..

lol, I did that once with TF:ADW. I put at least 350+ Adults #Tongue But meh, my TS is a goner till I find a TFD or TS disc somewhere, rofl.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for pointing that out Ordosherrscher - Updated to 2.1

I have a visceroid map in development, you're all going to love it when it's done Wink

The Team Black Index

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem, you could say, its my job^^ I can't do voxels or shp's, so I check everything Very Happy
And something else: If you list the normal maps, they will appear twice in the list...
PS: I will await the map #Tongue
PS2: The map dune isn't finished - I dont know why it was in my online map folder... I also have a new version of my map [Visc 4x4 ... by Atord]. I will see, if I add them fast

[The >.< is bugged!]

XMP 2[1].2.rar
 Description:
Ok, I did. I removed "dune" [from the play list - it is in the .mix file, but that isn't interesting, I think] and added two more maps: It's Schach Time by Icefl0wer and my map, cratewar. I also updated one Version of my map, Visc 4x4 by Atord..

Download
 Filename:  XMP 2[1].2.rar
 Filesize:  1.93 MB
 Downloaded:  406 Time(s)

itstom89
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject:  Xwis map pack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to be tom1666

I have a map in this map pack edited by me but I cant get any of the maps to work.It says theres a 0 player max including ai and human players what do I do?

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is corrupted. Maybe the map wasn't transfered correctly, so that a part of the map didn't excist longer
(sorry for my really bad english >.<)

itstom89
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: xswis maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not that because none of the maps work its all of them its ok your English is good can you help me figure it out please.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think, you have to recreate the map, because a part of it is lost. Maybe the overlay is there, then u just have to put the player locations on the map, nothing else, but if you are unlucky, you won't be able to save the map as it was once...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know a lot of the maps don't work.
There's just way too many maps here to find which ones work and which don't, sorry dude

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon