Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Concept Mammoth Tank
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:  Concept Mammoth Tank
Subject description: From the Tiberium Twilight concept art..
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted this to be put alongside a bunch of other voxels which I'd found buried in my voxel folders and fixed them up for release. But I couldn't get them done in time, so you'll get them later!

This one is based on leaked EA concept art with the Scrin Primal blasting to hell a human task force.

I've made two versions, one which is a grey plain one, similar to the concept art, and a golden one, like the gold version of the TFD Concept Tank voxel I did.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Uploaded new version, with bigger turret (should have no offset in the art.ini for best results). The preview has also been updated to the new version.

V1.1 Concept Twilight Mammoth.PNG
 Description:
Ingame Previews (Blue remap)
 Filesize:  70.31 KB
 Viewed:  34780 Time(s)

V1.1 Concept Twilight Mammoth.PNG

cc_sk_3.jpeg
 Description:
Concept Art I based it off. Its the tank in the lower right corner.
 Filesize:  183.69 KB
 Viewed:  34780 Time(s)

cc_sk_3.jpeg

Twilight Mammoth.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Twilight Mammoth.rar
 Filesize:  94.14 KB
 Downloaded:  1519 Time(s)

Last edited by Muldrake on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice work there dude, good detail. Especially since its quite difficult to see any detail of the tank from the concept... good work Wink

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exceptionally sweet!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm...
i say i looks accurate because you can´t really say what this mammy looks like from other directions...
and to be honest...that´s the first time that i saw that mammy in that pic =)

the turret needs to be bigger and should be centred in the middle of the body

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats one damn sweet piece of steel.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake, you do some exceptional voxel work.

Oh, and I love the new assault/recon bike you did for Nod in TSD, thank you, good sir, thank you.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like the alot, quite good i must say 9/10 Smile

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Increased the turret size, as well as centralising it. Any better Raminator?
Also, the original previews has only auto-normals, I had in fact improved the normals for release.

Also, think it would be worth adding some texture to the tanks? Namely the grey one, it does seem overly plain at times..

Thanks for the comments, and yeah, Concept work is often nice as it doesn't always include the complete unit design, so it gives you a little flexibility in some features. Sometimes I just love a concept art piece, and although incomplete, it gives me an idea to develop.

And actually one of the next voxels coming up is another concept art piece Very Happy

@Mr Pokey: You've seen the new bike, huh? Wasn't originally for TSD, but it was a shame to see it be wasted, and Judeau wanted it, so Wink

Twilight Mammoth Tank - V2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.68 KB
 Viewed:  34664 Time(s)

Twilight Mammoth Tank - V2.PNG

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good Muldrake. But the concept you based your vxl upon is way too dark :\ I don't know if this makes the tank an accutrate model or not.

Anyways, I think this should be spotlighted #Tongue

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
Increased the turret size, as well as centralising it. Any better Raminator?

that´s it =)
no other suggestions at the moment =)

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments.
And thanks Gosho, but as I've said, the detail and model from the concept is very limited, but it still gives me a direction to work in.
As a result, it cannot be said whether its accurate or not, I mean with the gold version I added all the remap stripes and the like to help it fit in with the other recent TT Tank concept which was released.
I just hope its a good model, and people like it Wink

I may try and add some more texture to the units before giving another release, but I have work today, so that maybe not until tomorrow. And I'll try and have the other voxels up soon.
A very delayed christmas package this turned out to be! #Tongue

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

9,5/10. great improvements on an already great voxel

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love it, its a must use

pownage=yes

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is look wierd :/

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded new version. Enjoy! Very Happy

And thanks again for the comments.

Anderwin.. if it looks weird, fine.. I'd prefer a comment to go with it as to WHY it looks weird so maybe I could improve it?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow..

once again, you amaze me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5,000/10 muldrake, its epic ownage, it practically BROKE the scale. ;p

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...wow...

I could bounce in happiness...that tank deserves a stand in spotlighted voxels! Shocked
It might even be a good base for the triple-barrelled concept Mammoth Tank from Tiberian Incursion....*opens voxel builder*

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake is being too damn modest. Spotlighted.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't spotlight my own voxel.. thats just awkward #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

oh, I just remembered...the concept I talked about wasn't from Incursion, it was from (for) Continuum...

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh sry i write why =S. Anyway i can write it again.

The yellow version:

The turret look a bit odd. Mabye make the barrel black? Why is it white on it? On the picture is look is more grey then light grey or white. I dont know what u have use. Same with the grey version.

The grey turret i think should be a bit bigger and is look a bit messed. The turret look is go inside the body.

The yellow on the button on the turret is look find if it got the blue thing around and not stop on 50%.

I will say no spotlight but this is what i mean.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forgive me, as I didn't quite understand everything, but I'll try and cover what I think I understand:

Anderwin wrote:
Mabye make the barrel black? Why is it white on it? On the picture is look is more grey then light grey or white. I dont know what u have use. Same with the grey version.

Why very light grey/almost white at the tip of the barrels?
A trick I learned from TS voxels: Contrast. You want to know which direction the barrels are pointing, and you want to know quickly in a battle, and for the most part, a brighter colour will be seen, as well as it being a colour different from the rest of the colours used on the voxel.

Anderwin wrote:
The yellow on the button on the turret is look find if it got the blue thing around and not stop on 50%.

There is a remap/blue on the bottom of the turret? And it does go all the way around the bottom. The reason it doesn't cover the back is due to the shape of the turret. Look at the concept art, the back bit is like a shelf, it is not connected via the bottom of the turret.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to bumb an old topic, but I think Muldrake should make a V3 out of this with the help of the left-over image(s) of Tiberian Incursion.

Seems like the tank was a lot thinner and longer than what Muldrake's tank is (though I can understand this when you had a single pic to use as an example), and the turret is smaller.

Tiberian Enigma
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait? wheres the V2 download? or is it the one at the top, just replacing the old one?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Do you see, how big is this necroism? Confused
BTW, I am gonna to make simple (low-poly) 3ds model of this tank, but after exams (till 9th February)... Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!