Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Narrow Escape (Opresser VS Escapees) Map ~ Discussion
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject:  Narrow Escape (Opresser VS Escapees) Map ~ Discussion
Subject description: Feed Back/What You would like to see in this map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A thought of yet another Mode which breaks the current Scripting trends which follow the normal AOD missions,Arenas or Epic Wars,

Opresser VS Escapees is a New map script mode which i'm currently undergoing construction on.
- The idea Is based On the game Left 4 Dead, its not the same in that the games are too different to show the same features, however I have placed simular Situations in to the gameplay

This new system will be simple,
The Escapees will find themselves lost in a Large land scape setting
to get out all they need to do is get the Helicopter Air Lift Evac Area.

This may sound simple, but think again.
The Land scape will be filled with a large amount of neutral basic units,
these units will transfer to an Enemy team when your team travels to close to them.

This captures the main Theme of the Common infected for Left 4 Dead,
the following units will act as the Unit in description

Hunter - Soviet Basic infantry
Boomer - Tank Buster
Smoker - Rocket Javlin
Tank - Apoc Tank/King oni - Please add Preferance
Witch - Yuriko Omega (she will act very simular to the witch in Left 4 Dead in that she will attack the person who is close to her location, she will only kill the player who wakes her up. There is a chance to kill her for a reward though.)

Your Opressers will mainly consist of these Special Units

Your Escapees will have a random choice to start off, the luckyer you are the better unit you will recieve this is the chart

Allied Infantry - 3/7 Chance
Japanese Infantry - 2/7 Chance
Tesla Trooper - 1/7 Chance

My current Map Setting is Moscow/Russia,
The same map for the mission Where Japan Wreaks the time machine.

Simple routes have been closed off and direct the Escapees aroudn the whole of the city just to get over the River to their Air lift.

Possible Encounters (Bosses)
Witches/Yuriko: 3 times
Tank/Apoc/King Oni: 1 or 2 times

I Just wish to bring this to your atention in that you may be able to ask about features of the map, what you may/want to see in the map.

If its a layout of the Path through the map to even bonuses to be found through the map.

- Credits to TerroR whos Help out already on the map.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sounds awesome. You know what would be really cool (but longer to code)? Make it so the Opressor units fight amongst themselves, or attack other escapee units not under your control (maybe you can rescue them). Basically there would be fights all over the battlefield, while you try to slip past. Inevitably, you'll get into conflicts.

Maybe this could be considered as an extension, once your idea's finished, once the maps done? As for unit types, you pretty much nailed the good ones, although seeing all infantry types save commandos would be great.

I'm liking your idea.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
This sounds awesome. You know what would be really cool (but longer to code)? Make it so the Opressor units fight amongst themselves, or attack other escapee units not under your control (maybe you can rescue them). Basically there would be fights all over the battlefield, while you try to slip past. Inevitably, you'll get into conflicts.

Maybe this could be considered as an extension, once your idea's finished, once the maps done? As for unit types, you pretty much nailed the good ones, although seeing all infantry types save commandos would be great.

I'm liking your idea.

Atm the Idea follows the General Trats of Left 4 Dead VS Mode,
in which you will find the escapees/survivors objective to get out the map,
where as the Opressers/infected need to kill all escapees to win.

The commando Yuriko will be a Boss Unit which occurs 3 times on this Map
she acts as the "witch" a unit which is Mad Angered by units aprouching
her on Left 4 Dead Steam you get an Achievment for killing her 1 shot,
this draws people towards her reguardless of the misshaps of their failure,
so I plan to give the player who kills her a bonus.

the Other Opresser units will spawn in different areas based on the Current Distance the Escapees have progressed, and will always respawn until the final part of the map.
one player will be in control of the general hordes, in this case the Engs which cover the map, if the escapees get close enough to them they will transfer to the horde Control of these Engs to him/her, this player will be responsible for the units like yuriko (but won't be able to have direct control over her).

I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure how people would view this type of map,
but I have looked around afew problems so far and everything is making good progress.

However I don't know if having more that One type of Escapee unit per person would be a good idea, as the game rule of being in a small very group maybe broken.

what would help me greatly atm is if anyone know any bridges on RA3 that can't be destroyed, I have seen them, just can't find em.
if you know of a way to make a brigde industructable please help me out #Tongue.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh. This is actually pretty good. Can you upload costom sounds, though?

I wonder if there are any Starfcraft maps with the same idea (Starcraft map editor was always known to be able to create some great game mod. I should try that).

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Heh. This is actually pretty good. Can you upload costom sounds, though?

I wonder if there are any Starfcraft maps with the same idea (Starcraft map editor was always known to be able to create some great game mod. I should try that).

Probably, and if not, you can definitely make one, with relative ease. I use SCM Draft.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum