Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Essence v 1.3 is out!
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject:  Tiberium Essence v 1.3 is out!
Subject description: What you can expect in new version.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This version brings you another bunch of forgotten technologies from tiberian sun era and seriously change look of Gdi and Nod. Also I have put some more significant balance changes in to v1.3 which affect all factions and game play. It was really hard work this time and despite that I know it's still not perfect, but so far I see no mayor bug so I think is good enough to be released. And as always i hope you enjoy v1.3 as good as previous release.

Gdi

Wolverine replaces Pitbull and Titan replaces Predator in warfactory
Predator - removed from warfactory, added machinegun and Ap Ammo upgrade, now only accessable via new Warhound support power
Hover Mlrs - fires 2 strong missiles per salvo, maximum range 10% increased

Mammoth MKII - maximum range 15% increased, 20% more health, do not spawn husk after death (husk removed due balance issue), now is produced on Dropship Command as ordinary units in warfactory which makes computer Ai build this unit too so watch out!

Disc Thrower Squad - replaces Grenadiers, Discs do not scatter - significantly improves Disc Throwers effectiveness vs infantry
Rifle Soldier Squad - 25% more health, new model
Sniper - new model
Vulcan Tower - replaces Watch Tower
Warhounds - New support power, replaces Bloodhounds, Deploys three Veteran Predator Tanks
New upgrade AP Ammo - affects Wolverine, APC, Predator, Vulcan Tower
New units - Disruptor Sonic Tank, Medic

Nod

Militant Squad - 25% more health
Scarab APC - subterranean attack ability range doubled
Beam Cannon - charge defense ability bonus incresed by 50%
Reaper - do not spawn tiberium when dies (it distract harvesters too much and slow down income)
Add Ensnare ability to Reaper - slow down enemy units
Flame Tank - removed from warfactory

Avatar - 10% more firepower, 10% less health, do not commandeer technology, got two upgrade sets Purifier set and Sentinel set, Purifier add flamer and secondary laser, Sentinel add stelth generator, scaner and anti aircraft laser, you can buy only one of them at a time, you must chose if you want more firepower avatar or more flexible avatar, this make avatar not too expensive and also not too powerfull and you do not need shred your own units anymore

Tech Lab - new model (Resemble Nod Pyramid)
Secret Shirne - produces Cyborg Commando
New units - Devils tongue, Cyborg Commando
New upgrade Tiberium Core Missiles - affects Attack Bike, Reaper, Stealth tank

Support powers
Catalist missile - 50 % smaller blast radius, deals five time more damage to surrounded area which make it of some use even vs normal buildings and units

Scrin

Manta - is no longer transport, deploy Ion Storm - need upgrade Ion storm Generator
Annihilator tripod - has conversion beam
Storm Rider - detect stealth
Planetary Assault Carrier - do not detect stealth anymore, ion storm ability requires upgrade - Ion storm Generator
New unit - Stalwart Squad
New upgrades
Tiberium Shards affect Seeker Tank and Gun Walker
Ion Storm Generator - unlocks Ion storms for Manta and Planetary Assault Carrier

Neutral
New unit - Mutant Rocket squad

I wish say only good news but this time i fail in certain things.

Scrin got only one new unit. I have one more, but i realised i have to rebuild this unit because i dont feel is good enough to release so maybe in next version.

Free transports removed - it didn´t work right, some people were confused because they can carry only some vehicles and also becouse
call for transport ability which is better keep in game due campaign so i chose to remove them for now. I will try handle this issue

Cyborg Commando do not turn in to legless version when critically damaged, also i have to removed legless version from ordinary cyborgs becouse it did not work right, cyborgs fell out from squad and survive even when killed on destroyed bridge and inside killed transport, so i remove it for good. The reason for this solution is that it did not work right and i did not find other way to make it possible in CnC3. I will work on this even further but for now no legless cyborgs in Tiberium essence Sad

Thanks and Credits:
-----------------------------
Rimtech - Tiberian Essence Logo, Tiberian Essence propagation, Beta Test
DjKiller - Beta Test
White Wolf (www.rebornwiki.com) for help with text
Sedistix from project CnC3:Tactix for his help with ini files and some coding stuff
Dutchygamer from Project Perfect Mod forum for his help with code on explosive Blue tiberium
Olaf van Der Spec (XCC utility)
Jonathan "Jonwil" Wilson (SDK Extras/CnC3Tools)

Last edited by Carnius on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiberium Essence v 1.3 is out! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got my hands full with MEC2 and modding UAW so I'm not in any state to test this mod yet. That being said, few stuff to clarify:

- With Pitbull gone, does Wolverine (its replacement) get stealth detection?

- Does the medic healing involve resurrecting dead squad members (it'd be pretty useless if it didn't IMO)

- Is the Avatar cloakable by Cloak Field? One on the issues I discussed with Stygs regarding his own set of Avatar upgrades is why have a stealth upgrade if you can use cloak field?

- How does the Secret Shrine produce Cyborg Commando? Does it add a infantry build queue containing only the Commando icon, or is it a unit spawning ability (like MK II and mothership)

- is Reaper ensnare passive (like in FS) or activated ability?

- I'm not clear on the change for the MK II, do you build it from the war factory or the dropship command?

The white lady~!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My review so far:
-Devil's Tongue Flame Tanks own! Brilliant job on that one!
-Cyborg Commando is really good too. I do disagree with the super-fast projectile, but I doubt TW can handle slow-moving homing projectiles like in TS

I also noticed something else (which is in normal TW too): Obelisk doesn't uses any charge anim when firing at infantry. Stygs and I found a fix for it, but I've lost my mod files. I remember it had something to do with the draw part of NODObelisk.xml. EA somehow completely forgot to make a secondary charge anim entry for the anti-inf laser. If you want more detail, I suggest you contact Stygs, or try it yourself Wink

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took a quick peek, grabbed some pics of the new media. Those who want a glance of every new thing can take a look:

(feel free to use if you wish, Carnius)

New sonic effect:

(note the thing is a 2D billboard so it's always circles facing the screen. Identical to the circles for railguns and Mickey Mouse's ears)

Mothership attack:

Stuff (c) Carnius of course, logo (c) Rimtech

Will feedback after I gameplay test.

The white lady~!

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod will be the first TW mod I will play. Razz

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, very nice pics Valdes Wink

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if I have room for TW... God, this is a good reason to try.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those pesky exams are done now so you can count on me to... eh... test it a bit. #Tongue

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod is great but I have a one question about it, why i cant play version 1.3 through LAN?

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Navy SEAL wrote:
Quote:
This mod is great but I have a one question about it, why i cant play version 1.3 through LAN?

I dont know, it should be alright. Are you sure that your problem is caused by my mod v 1.3 or by any mod?

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe its my mistake but v 1.2 worked just fine.

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very sexy, man!

yeah, I'm back, baby! im going to make it a point, now that im done with school for the next few months, to re-involve myself with the team

in the coming days, ill be going over 1.3 with a fine toothed comb to check out the work

great job, fellas. it looks very awesome!

oh, yeah! Tiberian Sun Rising moved to C&C3. they're a total conversion of C&C3 to Tiberian Sun. I think theyd appreciate the ideas weve come up with so far.

so how about we put our heads together?

http://rising.cnc-source.com/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberian-sun-rising

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm keeping my eye on this mod for sure

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

White Wolf wrote:
oh, yeah! Tiberian Sun Rising moved to C&C3. they're a total conversion of C&C3 to Tiberian Sun. I think theyd appreciate the ideas weve come up with so far.

I have to refuse such idea. As I said before my goal and goal of this mod is not recreate Tiberian Sun with all its features. I just miss some things from TS but there are some things I don't miss as much and i also like some things in cnc3 which i want to keep in my mod. Also I like to be more independent in design and concept of certain units which my mod allow me unlike TSR team which must rigidly stick with TS design. So at the end we got two different mods with different gameplay and fun and that is good for cnc fans like we all are and I will certainly play TSR once its released and I hope I will enjoy it. Smile

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you've already brought back a huge chunk of TS stuff, leaving only the Amphibious APC, Harpy, Firestorm Defence and Stealth Generator and some other minor stuff.

Maybe it's time to move forward and have some original designs Smile

The white lady~!

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:
White Wolf wrote:

I have to refuse such idea. As I said before my goal and goal of this mod is not recreate Tiberian Sun with all its features. I just miss some things from TS but there are some things I don't miss as much and i also like some things in cnc3 which i want to keep in my mod. Also I like to be more independent in design and concept of certain units which my mod allow me unlike TSR team which must rigidly stick with TS design. So at the end we got two different mods with different gameplay and fun and that is good for cnc fans like we all are and I will certainly play TSR once its released and I hope I will enjoy it. Smile

i know the intent of Essence is not to become full conversion, and I'm not suggesting that

I'm suggesting we pass along to them some of our ideas, such as the coding for, say, the Titans or walking vehicles, you know, in case Rising runs into problems?

its not copywritten, no one's making money from it, and im sure fellow C&C modders would appreciate some collaboration between the teams

Reborn and Red Alert Renegade did that...until the infighting began

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA: A Path Beyond and RA: Apocalypse Rising get on fine. They share Apathbeyond.com and also idea AND staff members. It's quite good and there's no Rebarn crap, Infantry only beta? GDI neurotoxins? Ugh.

Your point holds true but sometimes it just ain't meant to be, the people who wanted a Ren-TS TC with GDI chemical warfare are different to the guys who want a Ren-RA TC and grudgingly accept officers & snipers for the sake of variety.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
GDI chemical warfare

Anything's possible :p

As for TSR, I'm pretty certain they're doing fine by themselves. They wouldn't have gotten this far if they weren't doing fine.

As for the code for walking vehicles, Golan's got a publicly released Titan model, anyone could easily refer to that Very Happy

The white lady~!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

White Wolf wrote:
I'm suggesting we pass along to them some of our ideas, such as the coding for, say, the Titans or walking vehicles, you know, in case Rising runs into problems?

Well in this case i cant help them much anyway, im using EA Juggernout coding and model from EA Art pack as reference for my own models, but i have to still animate my models by myself because animation cant be passed between different models until they share same bone structure which for example juggernaut and my titan does not (mammoth mkII its even more obvious). So the only thing TSR team must do is follow EA work on juggernaut as i do and they cant do mistake.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
As for the code for walking vehicles, Golan's got a publicly released Titan model, anyone could easily refer to that Very Happy

As far as I know Golan is currently coding some stuff for TSR Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon