Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
More media and news
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:  More media and news Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is more info about newly added units and other stuff and with that comes big surprise for scrin players. I finally created epic unit for scrin, it's big tiberium based creature with ability to seed tiberium. But it's not just that I have also second scrin unit in development, its sort of chemical artillery and I have added meteorite storm support power on tier 3.
Ther is also some new tiberiu based upgrades in development, one of them will improve buzzer hive to be actually usefull.

That's for scrin. Now to others.

Nod got Phantom utility vehicle, which it's repair vehicle with secondary ability to deploy in to stealth generator. Now when Nod got fully working mobile stealth generator I think they don't need temporally field generators deployed by beam cannon as was announced in previous blog, so now I'm working on different ability for beam cannon. Also, I have created new model of Nod Apc and added laser fence wall and I'm working on new tiberium based weapon upgrade (not ready to show you though).

Gdi got only one unit this time - Jump Jet Trooper air born infantry, so I uploaded more sreenshots of new Mammoth MKII too. And I have changed model of Gdi wall section to be more like tiberium sun wall.

Release date is still uncertain, but I will try to make it real until August ends.

So check out image section for new pics.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When will 1.4 be released?

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well hard to say right now, but it looks like on firs halve of September.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
When will 1.4 be released?

I think if he had a definite deadline, he would have mentioned it already :p

The thing with modders is normally they don't wanna give set release dates because there's no gurantee they can release on time.

btw carnius while this idea is still fresh in my mind I'd like to post it: Remember that issue with the Nod laser fencing and how I mentioned that it might be a little funny looking for a "barrier" that is 90% empty space and 10% thin laser beams to be able to stop small projectiles like bullets, etc? The idea crossed my mind to have a mix of laser beams plus concrete barrier (like the GDI walls). Basically have an ordinary wall with laser fence posts at the top, something like this

Height-wise it would probably be 1.5 times taller than the GDI wall due to the laser fencing at the top. Also the solid base should be enough to physically connect to the wall hub (your current laser wall hub does not touch the wall pieces at all)

Just a thought.

The white lady~!

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

Its true that the laser fence does not fit jet, but Carnius still works to improve it.

to Carnius:

Stop me if im wrong

That thing with the concrete wall under the laser defence looks good in detail, but im not sure it does fit for a whole base. Because burning some troops that don't recognize standing on a turned off laser fence is still fun. Very Happy

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TO Carnius: great work so far Exclamation

(I know that this issue should be in another tread)

I have only one thing to complain about, that is the design of the dropship. I give u a linke beond, where you see how it should really look. I mean its up to u if u wanna change it, but i thought you don't have a good original to make the model. Wink

By the way i give u one or two other links where u can find some good concept arts.

I have played v1.3 up and down, down and up, and one or thwo things to mention:
1. the Dropship
2. No epic for NOD
3. Balance is not good at the moment, TITANS are op (in case of being spammed with) , also commando cyborg, nothing against subterrain units (im multiplayer they spam my base Sad )

NOD EPIC UNIT / STRUCTURE Question
Mobile Temple of nod with abillity to bombard (no Nuke)
http://www.timeofwar.com/cnc3/images/screenshots/gary_freeman/apocalypse.jpg

Montauk
http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/tibsunarchive/montauk.htm

Nod Temple designs
http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/tibsunarchive/evilg.htm

http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/tibsunarchive/nodtemple.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HERE THE DROPSHIP Exclamation
http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/tibsunarchive/dropship.htm

BUT NEVERTHELESS GOOD WORK Very Happy
(RED arrows-> place for weapon system/canon)

CONCEPTE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.05 KB
 Viewed:  18993 Time(s)

CONCEPTE.jpg

Last edited by Tacitus on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tacitus wrote:

Because burning some troops that don't recognize standing on a turned off laser fence is still fun. Very Happy

I am 99% sure that the those laser fences Carnius has done can't be powered down. Need confirmation from him though.

I still don't know why Nod would need an epic unit just because GDI and Scrin have one...

The white lady~!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Makes sense that Nod wouldn't have one. At least not a HUGE unit.

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

Not for that reason, just for balancing gameplay. Every unit has it own opponent unit in other factions.

I still like burning men (not the festival) in my laser fence, hope that carnius consider that and make the fence offline able too. Sad

But now to anotherpoint of v1.4, i have looked at the screens at moddb.com and found that the one new hover unit doesn't makes sense, because a rpg turrent on a hover tank Question Don't know physics, because the hover unit wouldn't stand still if it fires. It would be better if it has a weapon turrent that has no repulsion power like a Laser or less power like a machine gun.

-------> --------> crash >!<

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Every unit has it own opponent unit in other factions.

That's just the easiest way to balance a game, and tbh, the least interesting Neutral

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tacitus wrote:

NOD EPIC UNIT Question
Mobile Temple of nod with abillity to bombard (no Nuke)
http://www.timeofwar.com/cnc3/images/screenshots/gary_freeman/apocalypse.jpg

Sorry dude, but I don't think thats Nod (its far more GDI theme than Nod), let alone a mobile Temple of Nod. Where did you get the idea that it was a mobile Temple of Nod? This concept I believe was always regarded as a possible new version of the GDI Mammoth Tank.

Tacitus wrote:

But now to anotherpoint of v1.4, i have looked at the screens at moddb.com and found that the one new hover unit doesn't makes sense, because a rpg turrent on a hover tank Question Don't know physics, because the hover unit wouldn't stand still if it fires. It would be better if it has a weapon turrent that has no repulsion power like a Laser or less power like a machine gun.

RPG = Rocket Propelled Grenade, there would be far less recoil from that than from a cannon projectile. That, and you'd semi hope that in the future they could develop a drive system which would try and compensate for recoil to some extent.

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Sorry dude, but I don't think thats Nod (its far more GDI theme than Nod), let alone a mobile Temple of Nod. Where did you get the idea that it was a mobile Temple of Nod? This concept I believe was always regarded as a possible new version of the GDI Mammoth Tank.

Sorry, my fault, that link schouldnt be there Confused not shure what it does there.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdes wrote:
btw carnius while this idea is still fresh in my mind I'd like to post it: Remember that issue with the Nod laser fencing and how I mentioned that it might be a little funny looking for a "barrier" that is 90% empty space and 10% thin laser beams to be able to stop small projectiles like bullets, etc? The idea crossed my mind to have a mix of laser beams plus concrete barrier (like the GDI walls). Basically have an ordinary wall with laser fence posts at the top, something like this

This is also interesting solution. I will think about it, but not sure if i get it in to next release. I have my laser fence already working in game you know. But its not perfect so maybe i will try your idea too.

Tacitus wrote:
I have only one thing to complain about, that is the design of the dropship. I give u a linke beond, where you see how it should really look. I mean its up to u if u wanna change it, but i thought you don't have a good original to make the model. Wink

By the way i give u one or two other links where u can find some good concept arts.

I have played v1.3 up and down, down and up, and one or thwo things to mention:
1. the Dropship
2. No epic for NOD
3. Balance is not good at the moment, TITANS are op (in case of being spammed with) , also commando cyborg, nothing against subterrain units (im multiplayer they spam my base Sad )

1.The dropship which deploys mammoth mkII is not final, i will improve its design in future, but for now it serves well as "door" in dropship command Smile

Also it must have bulky design which can contain mammoth mk II, but not be as big to obscure halve of the screen, which could be problem if i use original TS dropship. Also i dont want to do exactly the same models as we seen in tiberian sun. This mod is about to bring TS technologies in to CnC3, but its future so their design might change.

2.I dont want to continue in another talk about nod epic in this thread (there is another) so i make it short. Currently my intentions is not to create huge nod epic, but sort of unique stealth tank. But not even this is certain, because i think Cyborg Commando is quite enough.

3.Balance is problem i know and im afraid this mod will be never properly balanced due subterrain units and other stuff. But i will do everything i can.

Valdes wrote:

Tacitus wrote:
Because burning some troops that don't recognize standing on a turned off laser fence is still fun. Very Happy

I am 99% sure that the those laser fences Carnius has done can't be powered down. Need confirmation from him though.

Right now its exactly like that. They are like ordinary walls, but with cool look. My concern is that make units passing trough and be burned makes only troubles in gameplay. And also the coding stuff is not easy.
Lets pretend that people in future are more clever than today and will not step deliberately it to laser fence Smile

Crimsonum wrote:

Quote:
Every unit has it own opponent unit in other factions.

That's just the easiest way to balance a game, and tbh, the least interesting

I agree. But i still think conqueror fits well for scrin with its unique features.

Muldrake wrote:

Tacitus wrote:

RPG = Rocket Propelled Grenade, there would be far less recoil from that than from a cannon projectile. That, and you'd semi hope that in the future they could develop a drive system which would try and compensate for recoil to some extent.

Good answer. Of course they did Wink

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tacitus wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

Not for that reason, just for balancing gameplay. Every unit has it own opponent unit in other factions.

It's not to the extent that every faction is a carbon copy of each other. If you look at Scrin, do they have a counterpart to the Shadow Team? Or does their Mothership have a GDI/Nod counterpart? etc.

Regarding Tacitus's comment on weaponry in a hover platform, it is worth noting that recoil is the least of the worries. If the tank is hit by a shell or missile, the force will push it back by a considerable distance. That is why it's better to just assume there is some form of thrust vectoring involved which compensates for this stuff (and also helps the vehicle brake or turn). Look at BF2142 they had a hover tank, as in a tank that shoots a shell...

The white lady~!

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, i havn't known this. Embarassed

The other new units look great, but in my mind the Falcon does not really fit, i think the weapon turrent should be a bit bigger to fit to the rest of the unit

Its no critic, its only a suggestion Idea

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, everyone

I read this tread again, and then i thought, when NOD got back their laser defence, why GDI shouldn't get back the Firestorm Wall??? Question

E.g.: Look on the pic below, its from another mod, but i think its really cool and would also fit into this mod.

Firewall_04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.02 KB
 Viewed:  18683 Time(s)

Firewall_04.jpg

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tacitus wrote:
why GDI shouldn't get back the Firestorm Wall??? Question

Well for starters it's an unconventional thing. I'm not sure if it's even moddable in the same way tha tI'm not sure if you can mod laser fences that you can power down to allow units to walk through.

The only thing I can think of for the Firestorm is potentially something like a wall section with an "invisible" force field like the Scrin aircraft which regrows extremely rapidly. The issue is how to activate all your wall pieces? You could possibly do it individually using the ability icon slots but that'd be too tedious.

Remember this is Essence, not TSR. It really wouldn't make much sense for Carnius to keep shoving in TS stuff especially it it's superficial or too difficult to adapt Wink

The white lady~!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If Essence could have a fully functional FS, that would be pretty flippin hardcore

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that it is very difficult to make it work, but im sad that ea let these things out of game, e.g. the ion storm or the firewall, laserfence.... Sad

Would be cool to see some of these come back in 3D graphic Rolling Eyes

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im not sure if is firestorm possible to recreate in CnC3 engine. I dont know where to start. Also i was not big user of firestorm back in TS so i dont miss this thing as much.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh, I loved using it, the opponent would swarm like 20 banshees at me, and I'd down them all at once with a well placed FS wall. Very Happy
Man, priceless.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Carnius, i have a question:

When do you release the v1.4 of the mod??
I know that u have plenty things to do, but i still can't wait until it comes out.

Very Happy Great Work so Far Very Happy

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
heh, I loved using it, the opponent would swarm like 20 banshees at me, and I'd down them all at once with a well placed FS wall. Very Happy
Man, priceless.

And laggy #Tongue

Imo, Nod should have a different style to GDI, in that GDI has harder hitting, larger, better armoured units - and epic units fit this style.
On the other (black) hand, Nod has faster, cheaper, more expendable, but over all more devious units, which does not fir the epic unit game structure.
The idea of matching every unit to another unit on the opposite sides is a simple yet boring way of balancing a game. Overall a game should be balanced, rather than unit for unit.

While GDI can have their Mammoth MK2, Nod is always able to take it down with Banshees - something which, in the end, is more effective than one epic mech.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree on the diversity front. I didn't like how every epic on KW was essentially a perma-garrison vehicle with subtle faction differences, I currently don't like how the crawlers in C&C 4 all seem so similar across factions either.

In fact I'm not entirely comfy with Carnius's Scrin epic either. As awesome as it is, it's really just another Mammoth MK II.

I would've preferred it if Carnius had instead worked on improving the Mothership so that it's more than just a flying catalyst cannon. In fact the Mothership has never really felt like one to me since it's not big (80% of it is empty space) and all it does, literally all it does is fire its cannon.

The white lady~!

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E.g.they did in the Talon Mod????

They put repair drones and a shield on it.

As you said the empty space should be filled up with something, that really fits to the idea of a mothership. Smile Exclamation

mothership_shield.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  927.24 KB
 Viewed:  18299 Time(s)

mothership_shield.jpg

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Imo, Nod should have a different style to GDI, in that GDI has harder hitting, larger, better armoured units - and epic units fit this style.
On the other (black) hand, Nod has faster, cheaper, more expendable, but over all more devious units, which does not fir the epic unit game structure.
The idea of matching every unit to another unit on the opposite sides is a simple yet boring way of balancing a game. Overall a game should be balanced, rather than unit for unit.

I agree, and its even more challenging for game/mods creators, but definitely more difficult. I have abandoned idea of big nod epic unit already for what im sure i get more complains than acceptance from community.

Valdes wrote:
I agree on the diversity front. I didn't like how every epic on KW was essentially a perma-garrison vehicle with subtle faction differences, I currently don't like how the crawlers in C&C 4 all seem so similar across factions either.

In fact I'm not entirely comfy with Carnius's Scrin epic either. As awesome as it is, it's really just another Mammoth MK II.

I would've preferred it if Carnius had instead worked on improving the Mothership so that it's more than just a flying catalyst cannon. In fact the Mothership has never really felt like one to me since it's not big (80% of it is empty space) and all it does, literally all it does is fire its cannon.

I agree with you too. Conqueror might be mistake (Arachnid as well), but i like the idea scrin have more units based on tiberium, they have created tiberium (or at least they have very close to tiberium) and their technologies should represent that. EA give them only 2 units which have something to do with tiberium, that is seriously not enough for this faction.
I want to change that, yet i know im not doing that much original way.

My idea with conqeror was support unique unit (that is why it seeds tiberium) and maybe it got even more support functions. It got to be no match for mammoth mk II and his railguns, but it will be valuable for its support role. Or at least i will try to do it so.

I want to also rebuild mothership in to something which reflect its name, but im stuck on basic concept for now. Maybe in v1.5

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius, i still want to know when v1.4 comes ready for download. Confused U said it comes when august ends.

Don't worry about, i am not complaining about, i find your work great.

To Orac:

I like the conqueror Unit (almost the tiberian looking). Scrin should have more units that fit to tiberium, because they know everything about it and how to use it as a weapon.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Valdez on this one. Maybe it should gain a couple of Stormrider-ish lasers as point defence, though this might mess up it's Catalyst Cannon if they're allowed to be player-aimed...I dunno, don't know anything about TW's coding #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

add some shiz inside the outer circle, maybe a ring of ships "docked" inside like spokes on a wheel...

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
I agree with Valdez on this one. Maybe it should gain a couple of Stormrider-ish lasers as point defence, though this might mess up it's Catalyst Cannon if they're allowed to be player-aimed...I dunno, don't know anything about TW's coding #Tongue

Coding wise I could intuitively guess that the Mothership could be given a new standard attack, with the catalyst cannon changed from a standard attack to a casted ability. It's got all 4 icon slots free anyway, plenty of space there.

The stormrider lasers are overused though... I'd like to see more of the ion storm lightning personally.

The white lady~!

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mothership, shouldn't have this overpowered Catalyst Weapon.
Its too dam good for destroing everything Twisted Evil

But i have another question:

Is it possible to make the Hover tank cross water?? I know that it must be possible because i have found that screen:
Please Carnius make the hover tanks cross water Rolling Eyes

Hover.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.21 KB
 Viewed:  18013 Time(s)

Hover.JPG

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You do realise that the pic is from TSR, from when they were still making it for zero hour #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aphibious stuff have long been possible in C&C 3. The GDI hovercrafts have locomotors that let them cross water and ground.

The white lady~!

Tacitus
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

knuckles84
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ the beginning the TSR was for Gernrals, they change later too the C&C3 Mod, and the Screenshot was from the Gernerals Time.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdes wrote:
That was an alternate PAC concept I did sometime back inspired by the EA original concept for PAC. Maybe it can serve as some inspiration.

This looks interesting, a bit too simple, but good for start. Well i have something to think about.

Tacitus wrote:
The mothership, shouldn't have this overpowered Catalyst Weapon.
Its too dam good for destroing everything

I agree, it should not be stronger than normal superweapon.

Tacitus wrote:
Is it possible to make the Hover tank cross water?? I know that it must be possible because i have found that screen:
Please Carnius make the hover tanks cross water

Valdes wrote:
Aphibious stuff have long been possible in C&C 3. The GDI hovercrafts have locomotors that let them cross water and ground.

Yes it does , but also it move through buildings and rocks, which is not so good. Ist because water is prop model and the only way how to make unit move over water is make it ignore obstacles like prop models are. I guess there should be possibility to separate water from other prop models, but this require rewrite halve of the code, the very thing TSR team have to do to make it work. Too much for me right now.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. I never knew the water was a prop. I always thought water polygons were special rendered elements which were non physical, like the waypoints and trigger areas. Never really imagined they'd have the characteristics of physical models like buildings and props...

The white lady~!

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:
Yes it does , but also it move through buildings and rocks, which is not so good. Ist because water is prop model and the only way how to make unit move over water is make it ignore obstacles like prop models are. I guess there should be possibility to separate water from other prop models, but this require rewrite halve of the code, the very thing TSR team have to do to make it work. Too much for me right now.

We're actually technically using a simple blend of the TW Hover locomotor and a low-altitude aircraft locomotor. The most important thing is not to set surfaces to CRUSHABLE_OBSTACLE as this will ruin pathfinding.
The only problem we have encountered so far is that such amphibious units can "jump" on bridges when approaching them from the side, which can IMO only be prevented by editing the map. This might be a more severe problem for TE than TSR though, seeing that we have only edited and custom made maps anyways.
If you want to give it a try, here's the relevant code snippets:
Code:
      [...]
      Surfaces="GROUND WATER DEEP_WATER"
      [...]
      BehaviorZ="SURFACE_RELATIVE_HEIGHT_ALLOW_ZERO_HEIGHT"   
      Appearance="TREADS"
      UseTerrainSmoothing="true"
      PreferredHeight="0"
      [...]

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait if you edit the map such that units with aircraft locomotor cannot 'jump' up bridges doesn't it affect the aircraft as well?

The white lady~!

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aircraft locomotors are by default set to ignore passability of terrain, just as they ignore cliffs (which actually means ignoring the passability flag). This is handled by the Surfaces parameter(s).
Our hover locomotor is an aircraft locomotor in so far that it is set to adjust its "altitude" to the highest surface level beneath it - this includes water as well as bridges. It also has limited capabilities of "gliding" instead of remaining glued to steep terrain. When using classic ground locomotors, units will stick to the terrain even when there's a water surface above them; water locomotors cause them to snap to the water plane once there's one beneath or above them - even when this means falling through bridges or terrain. This is mainly handled by the BehaviorZ parameter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon