Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Yet another of my Mission Idea
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject:  Yet another of my Mission Idea
Subject description: Operation: Dammed Cowards
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I thought up this mission idea with inspiration from a mission preview from Tib Web along time ago and strangly SW:EAW. I personally probably won't turn this into a map since I have an attention span thats only about an hour so I can't work on the same thing, coding is easy enough since it won't take very long to see the unit in game, balanced and bug-free or not.

So here it is: Operation: Dammed Cowards

BRIEFING

Welcome to GDI Quarintine Zone 23 Commander. Your presence here is of the utmost secrecy. The forces that are with you here are the most loyal we could find. You see, we've been troubled by an information leek for some time now. We plan ambushes on GDI convoys, the routes change, we hide our bases, they get air striked, we plan base raids, defenses are strengthened to withstand our assault. It all leads up to the same conclusion.

We believe a group of deserters in this region are responsible, while cut off, an informant could pass information from our headquarters to via the civilians to deserter forces getting supplies from the towns. We have planned a daring raid in secret to find out the informant's name and collect some information of GDI troop movements at the same time, and to top it off, make it look like an attack on the deserters.

You must start off by raiding the nearby GDI supply base to draw defenders from the dam powering the deserters' base. Then, we will send some forces to destroy the regulator station for the dam. After that, the deserters will have no defenses and won't be able to sound the alarm. We will reinforce you forces, then make your way south and capture the GDI Communications Building with engineers that we will provide you.

END OF BRIEFING

You may need to shorten that a little. The Comm Building can just be a Radar station. At any rate, here is a map of what I was thinking:

DammmedCowards.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.01 KB
 Viewed:  2464 Time(s)

DammmedCowards.png

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to be sure: the player will be Nod, right? Good storyline!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Percisly, I guess I should of mentioned that.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like worth a try. However, I suggest you mirror the map horizontally, since you only have a dam that is facing SE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon