Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
Suggestions
Moderators: Terror From The Deep Staff, DonutArnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:  Suggestions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you think you have a great idea or something else you can suggest them here.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CTHULTHU!

anyways. I was wondering how is the underwater going to look like..

I imagined it to be very colorful coral reef.

.Schools of fish floating,sharks, sea monsters, whales floating around and other animals, etc....something really beautiful and visually stunning.that its a shame that it has to be destroyed.

Ever played Ecco the Dolphin...something like that.

here some shots..lol virtual aquairiums. maybe who ever is making the tiles can get ideas. I think coral reefs would make perfect cliff faces, and terrian objects.

other things might be like ship wreckage. and of course polluted wartorn areas..

http://d3digitalillusions.com/SimAQUARIUM/sshot-1.jpg

http://ss3d.com/SimAQUARIUM/sa-T3.jpg

and the Aliens. how are they going look like? I suggest something organic. freakish. they are "Terrors from the Deep".

Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chtulhu Fhtagn * #Tongue

Would love to see some sea monster populations #Tongue Like.. fishmen! #Tongue

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm lets see

-the Bermuda Triangle
-the Dragons Triangle
-Loch Ness
-Loch Ness Monster
-Lake Champlain
-Lake Champlain Monster/"Champ"
-Sea Serpants
-Atlantis/Underwater Citys/Ruins
-Pirate Ships
-Treasure
-WW2 Sunken Ships/WW2 Aircraft
-Coral Reef
-UFO's/USO's (Unidentified Submerged Objects)
-Megalodon
-Oil Spills
-Sea Animals
-Titanic
-Ring of Fire
-Underwater Trenches
-Underwater Caves

Thats all I can think of so far.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cthulhu Fhtagn = Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Cthulhu = The being #Tongue

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dead but dreaming..Wink

Lol, Megalodon... add in there a Kronosaurus too, with secret chronoshifting abilties. #Tongue

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^
That would be cool. Cool

More ideas

Buildings:

-Sunk Oil Rig(Extra Money)
-Ruins(Outpost/Hospital)
-Crumbuled Dam(Civilian Power Plant)
-Atlantis Laboratory(Secret Lab)

Random:

-Water Currants
-Whirlpools
-Dinosaur Skeletons
-Sperm Whale
-Killer Whale(Free Willy! Laughing )
-Blue Whale
-Hammerhead
-Great White
-Whale Shark
-Dolphins
-Mermaids

I might think of more later.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whale shark?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes there will be a Cthulu lookalike probably as a main person for the backstory off screen as TFTD was based mostly on Cthulu fiction anyway (T'leth is Ry'leth) and the main controlling entity in the game at the end has a Cthulu face on a coffin powered by 6? generators in which you have to destroy in a suicide mission with your best soldiers. Unfortunately killing the controlling entity would mean no wars #Tongue

Also I'd like to add that this mod like X-Com will not have any cartoony aspects such as Sea Serpents/Mermen/Mermaids and definately not Atlantis because X-Com had a strict dark, gritty wartime, really scary realism which we are trying to re-create. So don't ask for them #Tongue

In X-Com you would be a lone base against the world first off, trying to desperately fund yourself to get to other places while the aliens terrorise cities and you desperately trying to establish a foothold. When you wait for months without a USO detection you know the alien bastards are up to something somewhere, and you look on the graphs and realise they've set up a base in Australia #Tongue.

And now to go over ideas to see if they fit in X-Com fiction #Tongue

Sunk Oil Rig(Extra Money)

Hmmm, there was Oil Rigs in X-Com that were really explosive, if you shot one the whole place would simutaneously explode. Probably there will be some Oil Rigs no doubt to spice up the undersea battles.

Ruins(Outpost/Hospital)

What good would that serve to be a hospital or any use to outpost it when you can just fly in a Triton MCV? Ruins should just be garrisonned buildings only, because people go in there and set up Jet Cannons, Gauss Cannons, Sonic Cannons or whatever, just like in X-Com.

Crumbled Dam(Civilian Power Plant)

Probably not.. if it's crumbled then it can't work then can it? #Tongue

Atlantis Laboratory (Secret Lab)

Such are the boundaries between X-Com technology and Alien technology is that the creatures cannot be trained or so forth therefore Secret Labs to train secret units will be redundant, although you might get some worth out of capturing a said hidden research facility underwater..

-the Bermuda Triangle
-the Dragons Triangle

Possible map names.

-Loch Ness
-Loch Ness Monster

Proven not to exist and doesn't fit in with X-Com fiction.

-Lake Champlain

........?

-Sea Serpants

Nope.

-Atlantis/Underwater Citys/Ruins

You will get to find underwater cities and ruins dating from long ago in where you can battle in them. You'll also fight on a volcanic landscape, and battle deep underwater, and shallow underwater.

-Pirate Ships

You will find some wrecked pirate/normal ships which can be garrisonned.

-Treasure

Sorry, nice try.

-WW2 Sunken Ships/WW2 Aircraft

You will find sunken Boeing 747's as well as numbrous other passenger aircraft worth garrisonning. WW2 Sunken ships are a possibility.

-Coral Reef

Duh #Tongue

-UFO's/USO's (Unidentified Submerged Objects)

You will find old UFO's dating from the First Alien War which were downed over the ocean (a la X-Com Enemy Unknown the first game). You'll also possibly find a few USO's lying around too, but USO's will all be built by the Alien side ranging from Battleships to Dreadnoughts.

-Megalodon

Er...?

-Oil Spills

Possibility around oil rigs.

-Sea Animals

Yarr

-Titanic

Nope

-Ring of Fire

That just is a geographical thing for all the volcanoes in the world.. anyway you'll be fighting on volcanic landscapes underwater.

-Underwater Trenches
-Underwater Caves

Both are possible.

and the Aliens. how are they going look like? I suggest something organic. freakish. they are "Terrors from the Deep".

Oh trust me, they are freakish. The Hallucinoid even freaks me out from the original game, and he's in it with the squishy sounds o_O. I'll post what they look like from the original game. The USOPeadia has a lot of lovely drawings of them with a detailed background if any, coupled with their favourite battle function, and groupie (if they are a terrorism alien).

(All of Disruptors animals except for Mermaids)

Probably will be included #Tongue

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
-Lake Champlain

........?

Just to let you know. Very Happy

This is a Lake in North America & Canada, its in New York, Vermont and Quebec.

There have been many reports over the years of a monster in the the lake that looks like a Pleseasaurus.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, then no #Tongue

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!

Moar suggestions! #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cthulhu?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do the Flying Dutchman, or the Kraken from Pirates of the carribean XD

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a very awesome idea, but I'll make pirateship and not rename it Flying Dutchman, but I might make Kraken or something like that. I watched the third part of that movie last weekend and it gave me lots of inspirations. If anyone is wondering what I'm making right now for this mod; I'm modelling Coelacanth Tank...

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since its going to be 100% underwater, our 'airplanes' and 'blimps' would be submarines and unmanned units.

For superweapons you can have an extremely powerful torpedo launched by jet or a ship on/above the sea, so we won't see what launched the torpedo, just a descending projectile.

Water mines, self-explanatory.

Giant squids pestering your units like the tiberium stuff in Tiberian Sun.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grievous wrote:
Since its going to be 100% underwater, our 'airplanes' and 'blimps' would be submarines and unmanned units.

As you told me on MSN, I'll use their codings...

Quote:
For superweapons you can have an extremely powerful torpedo launched by jet or a ship on/above the sea, so we won't see what launched the torpedo, just a descending projectile.

Well, I was thinking about earthquake SW, but I'll investigate how SW torpedo would work...

Quote:
Water mines, self-explanatory.

Already done and will be SHP'd soon...

Quote:
Giant squids pestering your units like the tiberium stuff in Tiberian Sun.

Do you mean Veins? Well, I might make a "building" that attacks units who are too close for it...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HM... can we have a giant underwater fans... which slowly move... Somewhere close to underwater research station.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm you still doing that PWT Uber Bomb for the X-Com superweapon right? Aliens have the same technology too, but probably not on a horrifyingly destructive scale X-Com clicked it up to.. they also have access to some sort of mind control *In TFTD it's called "Molecular" but whatever* called a "Synomium Device" afaik, so you could do a Psychic Dominator type thing. Basically from what I've gathered aliens want to set them up to wake up the "great sleeper" *lets just call him Cthulhu for now*, maybe to capture a load of civvies above water and then use them to feed Cthulhu to wake him up more quicker. It wasn't *exactly* explained in great detail other than this, and that the Aliens have to activate 12 artifact sites to wake him up.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I don't have idea for SWs, but I think I'll make somesort of mindcontrol SW for Aliens (which of course, doesn't make YR stylish explosion at all). And some suggestions for X-Com SW: Satellite that creates a heat beam, Nuke, Torpeedo, Earthquake...

Cthulhu is excellent! And it's 0:15AM here and I can't think a single thing clearly...

@Gufu: There'll be underwater civilian bases with huge turbines, so don't worry...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a suggestion maybe. I mention ECCO, trellia or some vortex drones but as a little easter egg or something. ^^

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Easter eggs, definitely! #Tongue

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject:  ECCO the Dolphin. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trellia. Dolphin of the Future.

Vortex Larva with Drone.

ECCO with Gylph.

ECCO fighting the Vortex Queen w/ Vortex Warrior.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ecco= not X-Com

X-Com TFTD= gritty bitter war between a humankind destitute and in a ecological nightmare and technologically superior aliens underwater heavily influenced by Cthulhu mythos. If anything I'd assume Donut would reference some Cthulhu easter eggs.

It's like say TAKT, I really don't think we want other games (especially happy Ecco) in our game based off a gritty realism war strategy game.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing ECCO is a sad tale. His family and other underwater allies got eaten by the vortex "aliens" who destroyed Atlantis. His kind was chosen to fight them off, going back through time as they invaded the oceans of Earth. These Aliens polluted the waters with toxins, created mechanical constructs to harvest marine life to feed their Queen..

The doesn't seem to be a pretty happy story to me. #Tongue . aye well tis only a suggestion....

Last edited by Ickus on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump'd

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not entirely familiar with specifically TftD of the series, however maybe some way to implement pressure? Like maybe some particularily deep areas that slowly ebb away at units' integrity? Or anyone seen that movie 'the Abyss' where there's that experimental liquid oxygen you could use to breathe and go to much more extreme depths with?

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen "the Abyss" -movie and it was quite interesting. If it's possible with map triggers we'll make the weakest X-Com soldiers (the ones with weak diving suit/armor) to lose their health and maybe even make them to die in very deep places where pressure is extremely dangerous. However, the Alien units and X-Com soldiers with high-tech diving suits/armors won't suffer from hard pressure at all (this means that X-Com won't train any soldiers with weak diving suit/armor in the missions like these). This might be a minor feature, but it's rather interesting...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If only we had an ability to recreate the Tiberium Veins with a few changes.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I wrote that I was also thinking about that scene in U-571 when one of the guys is talking about a sub that went to deep and burst under pressure x.x

That'll definitely add some realism for the more under-equipped guys as far as pressure goes.

gufu wrote:
If only we had an ability to recreate the Tiberium Veins with a few changes.

What for? A vein monster would be interesting underwater, but it doesn't make sense. Or do you just wish something similar in ra2 could exist?

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean, so instead of puting lots of triggers, we could just make an invisible creature what would kill anything getting up to it. Therfore = pressure. Of course, he must be modified not to die/grow.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I see now. So simple I overlooked it XD.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gufu, I'm impressed! It can be used randomly and as invisble it won't cause any lag, but the logic might not be working on YR anymore (with RP2 we could make it work). Now I need to wait for pro opinions about the logic and the triggers (causes pressure damage in maps)... and other suggestions how we can create pressure...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... too bad the ampper doesn' know exactly, wher he did and where he didn't put the Veins. >_>

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

obvious, cell tags and generate invisible animations that cause damage.

or invisible "ore set" w/ animation that causes damage.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
obvious, cell tags and generate invisible animations that cause damage.

or invisible "ore set" w/ animation that causes damage.

Cell tags is just too much of work. But it is possible to regulate the ammount of damage.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumpage.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suggestions, In all seriousness:
Cthulhu.
More Cthulhu references.
Underwater Ruins of Elder Ones' Cities/Cthulhu Cult temples.

EDIT: Aw, Ickus got there first, in the second post. #Tongue
EDIT: And Gufu did too.. #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Suggestions, In all seriousness:
Cthulhu.
More Cthulhu references.
Underwater Ruins of Elder Ones' Cities/Cthulhu Cult temples.

EDIT: Aw, Ickus got there first, in the second post. #Tongue
EDIT: And Gufu did too.. #Tongue

The entire early draft of the story featured Cthulhu as the base behind it. Good times.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Cthulhu here...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, thats cool. I was gonna suggest some silly things like soviet sub wreckage,naga creatures and Rapture like settlements, etc.

but it just turns to be dumping crap from other existing stories. While I <3 cthulhu, I value a mod's purity.

I am not too familiar with X-COM universe so besides that not sure what can be suggested, beyond input of created assets, but with said its nice to see the mod still going.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sub wreckages = yes

Naga creatures = we have no intentions to make any new alien creatures at this point, so no

Rapture like settlements = I'm not sure what you meant by that, unless it's some small town places or underwater structures then yes/maybe

Cthulhu = still no

And thanks. Smile

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o.O, Those where references to other IP content,

1. pretty obvious
2.Warcraft universe.
3. BioShock.

but a creative mind can make use of an idea, none the less.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warcraft didn't invent Nagas, Ickus.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy muffin sauce. I am quite aware. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon