Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
Velillian Islands (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject:  Velillian Islands (2-4)
Subject description: 30 hits the community...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aannndd after some messing around with this and losing all hope I'm releasing it. lol It had some nice stuff in it i felt...buutttt the gameplay gets kinda funky due to all the routes requiring bridges and those tend to get destroyed and the AI doesn't like to repair them at least not all of them...soo yea...

Map Info:

Name: Velillian Islands
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 100X100
Players: 2-4
Theatre: Temperate
Info: This map is made up of several islands connected by bridges. Each player starts off on an island that has a good bit of city buildings which you may wish to destroy to increase your build space. There is plenty of tiberium for each player but lots more can be found in the center island so it's good to take control. Only a few triggers exist on the map and an AI trigger was included, thanks to DutchyGamer, which tries to make the AI repair bridges so that the gameplay doesn't get awfully slow and after a few tests I did notice that the AI WILL occasionally repair a bridge but don't hold them to it...
This is my 30th released map so enjoy it. wink1.gif

Story: The Velillian Islands was a very productive isle chain however disaster struck at the heart of the isles and GDI had sent an evac squad and evacuated all civilians and put up sandbag blockades at the main entry points to the island chain. Likewise where tiberium disaster strikes the commanders are bound to fight over the resources in the area.
(crappy story is crappy)

and pics:

minimap

little area beneath a city area

a player start location

the middle island with vein hole partly into the gameplay

Villilian Islands.zip
 Description:
the map itself

Download
 Filename:  Villilian Islands.zip
 Filesize:  175.84 KB
 Downloaded:  398 Time(s)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map is outstanding!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow...

I'm definitely going to play this map. Now.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it just me or are the fan-made TS maps getting repetive? I mean, I propably have more than ten maps with the same kind of dark, greenish lighting, lots of clustered islands, abandoned cities, etc...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There isn't much you can do with Vanilla TS. Excellent work on the map, Ixith.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Is it just me or are the fan-made TS maps getting repetive? I mean, I propably have more than ten maps with the same kind of dark, greenish lighting, lots of clustered islands, abandoned cities, etc...

well what do you want? a map that's bright bright red lighting that hurts the eyes and is flat except for rock walls barring players in a long gauntlet of doom with a scrin ship building piece sitting in the middle surrounded by sandbags? #Tongue (to the exception of the red lighting that's an actual map ya know! though it's 2 players)

but seriously, what would you like to see differently?

but also thanks for comments guys.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For starters, how about a more blueish lighting? #Tongue

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

Go and play online maps Laughing Laughing Laughing
I made some really weird, red maps, with some walls (and rule edits ofc), though they are visc maps

No seriously, there aren't many ways. Though a blue map - it could base just on blue tiberium, an interesting idea. Should be high mutated, tiberium all over it, and of course you have to make it a LOT more dangerous, additional a lot of Floaters, Viscs, ... and fauna

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't always have to have a map that's mutated to the brink of total annihilation.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, if you got blue lighting you need blue tiberoium en mass!

Othwerwise - use yellow/brown lighting on a spare mutated map, where maybe no tiberium exist and everything costs 0$ (course old buildtime) Rolling Eyes

Seriously, Tiberium and mutation is the best what TS has to offer Laughing

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh blue lighting can go good for maps with a major river or water area in them...i'll see what i have up and coming that I could throw a nice blue-ish lighting on.

and no blue mold isn't totally needed. and really I've been for the most part staying away from making maps that need FS to play and been keeping more of a 'green' style...which I suppose i do need to change up...

*looks at list of maps to finish for public release*
hrmm i see a 3 player map that i have nearly finished with lat detail (in my old lat attack style)...that i know needs lighting and could do well with a nice blue as it has 2 city areas in it and a small little lake thing near the middle. It also has a train(s)

can't say how soon I'll be putting that one out as i am lazy of course and fairly unmotivated to do maps right now...but meh we'll see. I also have one or two which is closer to being finished.
But the only reason this one got released now is cause it's been sitting finished in this state for about a month or so now but i've been wanting to try and find way that works 100% of the time to fix most if not all of the bridges after a little time from them getting destroyed...but meh that never happened and I didn't want it to rot in my TS directory so I figured i'd post it to let it rot on Tibweb and PPM. lol

and thanks again for input on what you guys would like to see differently...i will attempt to add that into my future maps.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
You don't always have to have a map that's mutated to the brink of total annihilation.

I've been saying that for years #Tongue

More maps which don't use so many buildings might be good, maybe some maps more similar to TD in terms of layout?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon