Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
To Banshee: about your Demo Truck Tutorial
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject:  To Banshee: about your Demo Truck Tutorial Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In your Tutorial you say that the line Spread= (used in warheads) is not important..... it is! For example i changed my plasmaWH spread to something over 100, and now it not only damages the cell it hits, but also the cells directly around it equally.

Maybe you knew this already, just wanted to point it out. Razz

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for pointing me out that... I used to feel no diference with this line and I used that...only when the weapon had an EMP effect... But, thanks mate...

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way.... setting the damageradius= for an anim really high has no effect... the maximum radius is still 1 cell, just like the warhead's spread= flag. This is stange... RA2 has a nuke superweapon that has a huge damageradius... i'm afraid that's hardcoded... and isn't possible in TS. Mad #Mad Mad #evil

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look, here I've already managed to make it affect more than one cell. But the value must be really really high. Try setting 20000 for it and see if it will not affect more than one cell...

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh... i meant that a maximum of nine cells can receive an equal amount of damage at the same time, when the cell in the middle gets hit by a warhead, or, in this case, the center of the animation

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that nine cell radius, diameter or total?

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nine cells total. The cell that is hit directly, and the eight cells directly around it.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so, to get everything clear:

The maximum spread is 2 cells (radius) This is achieved when you set the spread= or damageradius= flags to something about 100 orso... other wise it will damage the nearby cells only so much percent of the damage the cell in the middle recieves.... spread=0 means no spread, naturally.

For warheads that use huge explosions (from TWLT056 on) i often have spread=50 orso. It's just more realistic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon