Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Final Sun problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CommanderM
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject:  Final Sun problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't sure where to put this but I have a problem with Final Sun. After downloading the fix to make text triggers work, the action to turn a building on seems to no longer work. I had a working trigger that would turn a stealth generator on and off at certain intervals but it no longer works, even after completely redoing the trigger. The stealth generator can be disabled with a trigger, but I cannot get it to turn back on. Could somebody please help? Thanks!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

never heard of this problem,
but you could simply make a test map with an old FinalSun version and another test map with the new version.
Then compare both maps and you should instantly see the difference, if there is one. Wink
(all this shouldn't take more than 10 min and be faster than waiting for someone who knows this problem)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CommanderM
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the test map that I have just made. I copied the trigger over exactly how it was in my campaign map. It works on the test map but I noticed something very strange with the original map I was making. It does turn buildings on and off, but the stealth generators will not cloak anything once they have been turned back on. Also, the turn buildings on and off triggers will affect all of the Nod buildings on my map, not just the ones they are attached to. For example, some obelisks of light that are disabled at the beginning will be turned on when the stealth generators are turned back on but the trigger isn't even attached to the obelisks. The computer controlled GDI buildings are not affected as far as I can tell. What I can't understand is that it works perfectly fine in a skirmish test map, but the exact same trigger works differently in a single player map.

Edit: If anybody wants to take a look at my campaign map, I can PM it to you.

test.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  test.mpr
 Filesize:  48.97 KB
 Downloaded:  187 Time(s)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see your problem. Or what should be the problem.

If the example you provided is EXACTLY what you have on your actual map then the problem lies with this:

When attaching a tag to another trigger, for some reason, you have to delete the tag after attaching it to the trigger.

So if you go to Edit > Tag Editor and then find the On tag and delete it from the tag lists it should work.

Try it and if it doesn't work then post back and I will mess with it on my own some.

CommanderM
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried deleting the tag for the On trigger but it does not seem to have any effect. Also, I noticed two more oddities with this trigger. No matter what amount of time I set for the Off trigger to activate, every single Nod building is turned off. When the Off trigger activates, the stealth generator starts to cloak for a very short time (about a quarter of a second) and then decloaks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon