Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FS Forgotten Isles [2-6]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject:  FS Forgotten Isles [2-6]
Subject description: That's right, 2 in 1 day!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a backlog at the moment and just managed to slap together some screenies.

Now, in my opinion it's my best map to date I love the lighting, I love how the AI plays, and I love that I managed to pull off a day night loop! (with the help of one of Ixith's maps, so thanks to him)

Basically a 6 player free-for-all bridge/island warfare map, lots of water, lots and lots of tiberium and plenty of action to be had, definitely worth downloading.

Screen1.JPG
 Description:
City to the far east.
 Filesize:  62.29 KB
 Viewed:  11083 Time(s)

Screen1.JPG

Screen2.JPG
 Description:
One of the bases, just wanted to show off the fona patch!
 Filesize:  65.42 KB

Screen2.JPG

Screen3.JPG
 Description:
The centre island.
 Filesize:  70.65 KB

Screen3.JPG

Minimap.JPG
 Description:
The minimap
 Filesize:  7.64 KB

Minimap.JPG

forgotten isles.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  forgotten isles.mpr
 Filesize:  211.89 KB
 Downloaded:  720 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Very nice work! Smile You've definitely improved since the last time I saw one of your maps. (By the way, send me a PM, I'd like to have a talk with you)
Oh by the way, in future please save images as .PNG, .JPG lowes the quality of your images and makes the minimap blury.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grass and tiberium don't go together. Tiberium leeches minerals from the ground, therefore plants will die or become mutated.

Your detailling is good, but it doesn't make too much sense; there just aren't places with 5m^2 fields of sand, rough ground and grass put together randomly.

I don't see anything wrong with the map balance, although it looks unfair that four players are situated perfectly for allies while the two others aren't. This would be an issue for team play, but not for free for all.

The lighting gives a very special atmosphere, but I can't tell a lot by three blurry pictures.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium on grass ofc it can be true.

You can even thing on human we change us when something change on the earth. Maybe the grass have begin to be immune to it?

That's realistic!

Anyway the map look good and maybe I going to play it on Monday when I got time.

One cliff error on the picture anyway ^.^

untitled.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.13 KB
 Viewed:  10932 Time(s)

untitled.PNG

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Marble madness says otherwise Smile

Noerror.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.64 KB
 Viewed:  10907 Time(s)

Noerror.PNG

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange ^.^ IS look like it was, my fail. But is not looked nice anyway that part.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's the long diagonal cliffs, the sometimes look like that.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I just forgot that. I'm sorry Sad Need to stop to being awake so long:o

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously guys, do you even realize what a kindergarden you started here?
Crash - you couldve expressed yourself better. There is nothing that "needs" to be fixed as this is a minor thing. The map looks fine and I assume is playable as well.
On the other hand Ixith and Aro: Crash was posting his very own, reasonable opinion which BoxDude was thankfull for - even if he thinks otherwise - there was no reason to pick it up and develop a debate out of it.

What was all that fuss even good for? All of you in here know that you ALL are experienced Mappers with a high-quality-map-output so there is probably a reason and a thougt behind the other ones Post.

Now, finally, ontopic:
The map looks good from what I see. Only thing is - ther isnt much to see. It is very dark and those "radial"lightposts dont really go very well I think. Ambient-light - the fading ones - whouldve worked better as the light seems to "cut" buildings.
You may either lighten the map up a bit, or drop some lightsources in the abandoned cities and the Players bases.
I could be wrong though, as I havent tested the map ingame. Kudos anyways as the Screenshots show that you know how to make a decent landscape Wink

yup, neptune size!

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comment. There's actually a day night loop which flits form very dark to very light, I didn't get screenshots of the light for some reason but if you play it you'll soon notice.

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, no cliffies on my end, so you get the Wiziwig thumbs up.

Although, it seems that each player's starting position has 'too much' tiberium. I mean, this isn't bad, everyone loves tiberium, but if you don't make the player(s) go beyond for more cash, it usually leads to boring battles with players turtling in their own bases with sams/rpgs/obelisks, and those ever-loving superweapons.

In your next map, you should make the tiberium more scarce near the player bases, and instead make huger piles outwards (not just in the middle of the map, but also in the corners. REALLY make them search around for their funds) Wink

Other than some slight improvements to your tile placement, this map is pretty nice. GJ and GL with the next. :V

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TIBERIUM ON GRASS R GO APESHITMODE.

CRASHKING WILL CRASH INTO THE KING AND WE WILL BE EATING BURGERS THROUGH STRAWS FOR THE REST OF TIBERIUMONGRASSOMFGWHERE!?

Done.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimmy, why the hell did you bump a 2 year old thread just to bash Crash for something that has already been discussed and buried from what I know.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because its ztyping hillarious. +10 Crim, +10 aro for the image.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Useless bump from old dramatic topic

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still... a nice map.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, the TS engines allow it anyway, so, an exploding harv would spred the tib on grass, too (well, bad exsampel, lets take an exploding silo ...)

And yes, WHY THE HELL BUMP A TWO YEAR OLD TOPIC WITHOUT REASON

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's something I just don't understand about the stupid No Tiberium on the Grass arguments. If Tiberium isn't supposed to be on grass or whatever, how come Westwood placed tiberium on grass in 90% of their maps? Not to mention that one of the Theaters in Tiberian Dawn was completely made up of grass.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium just doesn't ultrasuck all the elements out of the soil in one go. Its like a weed. It EVENTUALLY will overtake the grass, as it apparently has in TS. We don't know how long this process is, but it is somewhat fast, but not ultra fast. I mean, it took 30 years for the planet to look the way it does in TS...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
WHY THE HELL BUMP A TWO YEAR OLD TOPIC WITHOUT REASON

The reason was far too great for you to comprehend P:

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I placed it on grass tbh because it reminded me of the Renegade tiberium. Neutral

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I placed it on grass tbh because it reminded me of the Renegade tiberium. Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon