Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to the TS Barracks!!!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject:  Welcome to the TS Barracks!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome people! This forum was made to help people modding TS. Basically, when you have any doubts about modding or problems with your mod, ask here. We will also post tutorials here to avoid the same question twice. We do also welcome ppl's work to be posted here, since people may attach their files whenever they need. This forum is viewable to unregistered users, but you need to register to post.

Modding TS is quite good, since it allows you to create or modify your unit settings, graphics, weapons and its projectile and consequences, animations, superweapons, AI actions, etc without the burocracy of Red Alert 2, but with more limitations from it. And... it's also very easy and fast to test it.

So, that's it. Remember that whenever you get used of Tiberian Sun, mod it and you'll have a new customized gameplay. If you wanna go even further, join mod making groups like PPM and gain new e-friends, fun and a great mod as a reward in the end with your name in the credits Wink.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Topics currently discussed in this forum: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey people, to avoid repeated questions, I'm enumerating here the topics discussed in this forum and in the TS tutorial forum here. So, if you have doubts about something below, you will have somewhere to check before asking it again:

Graphics

SHP Files:

- Shp Conversion

Voxels:

- Voxel, Normals and HVA
- HVA Editor
- Evil topic about Voxel and SHP Editors

Tutorials:

- Voxel Normals Paintings, by Godwin
- Adding New Cameos, by Banshee

Rules.Ini

Units:

- MAD Tank
- Mine Layer
- Ships, Boats...

Superweapon Related:

- Drop Pod locomotor change, EMP logic, Airburst Weapons, Nukes
- Nuke Silo Door Animations

Miscelaneous:

- Tiberium Colour

Tutorials:

- Making a New Unit, by Banshee
- Adding a New Superweapon, by Mr. Muk
- Adding new Hunter-Seeker, by Mr. Muk, more superweapon info and Types and Actions
- ATC: Superweapon Tutorial, by Banshee

Others

XCC:

- XCC Dll problems

AI.Ini

- AI Trigger Types, by Banshee

Other tutorials can be found in PPM TS Tutorial Factory, including the old ones from Entertainment Explosion.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banshee UPDATE THE LINKS

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah Banshee, do as we say.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*beats Terror on the head with a broomstick saying"respect your elders, he's a busy guy"*

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I update it now, I will not leave the computer in, at least, some days... too much links in the moment...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Hey people, to avoid repeated questions, I'm enumerating here the topics discussed in this forum and in the TS tutorial forum here. So, if you have doubts about something below, you will have somewhere to check before asking it again:

Graphics

SHP Files:

- Shp Conversion

Voxels:

- Voxel, Normals and HVA
- HVA Editor
- Evil topic about Voxel and SHP Editors

Tutorials:

- Voxel Normals Paintings, by Godwin
- Adding New Cameos, by Banshee

Rules.Ini

Units:

- MAD Tank
- Mine Layer
- Ships, Boats...

Superweapon Related:

- Drop Pod locomotor change, EMP logic, Airburst Weapons, Nukes
- Nuke Silo Door Animations

Miscelaneous:

- Tiberium Colour

Tutorials:

- Making a New Unit, by Banshee
- Adding a New Superweapon, by Mr. Muk
- Adding new Hunter-Seeker, by Mr. Muk, more superweapon info and Types and Actions
- ATC: Superweapon Tutorial, by Banshee

Others

XCC:

- XCC Dll problems

AI.Ini

- AI Trigger Types, by Banshee

Other tutorials can be found in Entertainment Explosion.

Assuming that the thread numbering has not changed, all but the last link have been updated.

P.S. I used the Replace feature in Wordpad, that we are discussing in a nother thread, so it was not much work at all. Very Happy

Banshee do what you like with this post. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, the links works now, but when I was talking about update the links, I thought it was to add all topics of this forum in it like I did when I first created this forum. If it's just to make links works, it has now been updated.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Den Leiw
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thnx for reminding me. All links are updated (I love Wordpad #Tongue... it did this in a second Wink)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just been checking here and I might remove the link to the "Evil topic about Voxel and SHP Editors".... the topic is really evil, since it still recommends Will SHP Editor to edit SHPs Laughing Laughing Laughing. Currently, BS SHP Builder is much better than Will's. I also recommend BS SHP Builder for converting image files to SHP (TS), since it's faster and quality is considerably better.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Except BS SHP Builder doesn't support PCX, GIF or PNG yet.

I posted some links in the CnC Editing Tools Forum.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
Except BS SHP Builder doesn't support PCX, GIF or PNG yet.

I posted some links in the CnC Editing Tools Forum.

Mwahahahahaha! I have a version here that supports PCX Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil But no GIF yet... at least until patent of Unisys expire... since I dont wanna be charged to include GIF in a freeware, neither include that alternative TGIF that adds loads of useless trash to the program.

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the TS Barracks!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Modding TS is quite good, since it allows you to create or modify your unit settings, ..., etc without the burocracy of Red Alert 2, but with more limitations from it.

What do you mean with this anyway ? Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean that I hate that .CSF and the fact that you have to add the name of the unit in the cameo when editing RA2 units.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and its Beurocracy afaik #Tongue

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing it's spelled "bureaucracy".

hence the cameo generator in BS SHP Builder. Very Happy

ok, editing RA2/YR does require a little more work. *shrugs*

Stelth68
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: SPEED BUILD Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone know where i can get good speed build prog that works in multi-player (WOL)???

email me: mickey_dee68@comcast.net

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um no, just no.

ayylmao on Discord

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This guy's begging for a banning.
He PMed me the same thing...

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He PMed me the same thing, too.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
Laughing it's spelled "bureaucracy".

hence the cameo generator in BS SHP Builder. Very Happy

ok, editing RA2/YR does require a little more work. *shrugs*

i somehow think you didn't get the pun Laughing

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ain't there more Tutorials ? im sure there where ? hummmmmmmmmm

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
He PMed me the same thing, too.

Me three.

This was my reply to him:
Quote:
I haven't done any C&C modding for many months.

If I remember correctly, there is a setting in the rules.ini that handles that and it will only work in multiplayer if all players have exactly the same rules.ini

Schwarzer SchmetterlingV1
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right so, I'm using Tibedit (I think it's called that, it's been a fair time since I last used it) and I've been trying my hardest to introduce my own side, and I've had to borrow cameos/appearances from the other two sides' buildings/tanks/inf/etc.

I got the MCV as the default starting vehicle, as a tester, but when I start the skirmish, I get a blank screen? Any idea what the hell is going on, is it Tibedit or am I epic-failing at my job?

C: Run around
D: Desert you.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well it's actually an age old struggle that every TS modder has had to face at one point or another. There's a few workarounds for adding a third side that you can find posted in the forums. I'd point you towards the tutorials section, look through there. here is the tutorial you want

I think he's using the MCV as a starting unit and only having 1 starting unit. I think the only problem with that is hat the AI won't know how to use it properly..

But yeah, if you have additional questions I'd recommend starting a new topic here in the Tiberian Sun Editing Forum

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black, I figured after years of being in the community you'd be able to tell a troll apart from a normal member.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soon as I saw the Location and the signature, I can only agree with you Aro.

Steam

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to know if it is possible to have more than one amphibious apc. I've tried to and it doesn't seem to work.

Plus, I also like to know how to control the landing approach of aircraft.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, only one water APC is possible. The game is hardcoded to use the unit with the name APC and APCW for this.

206UE wrote:
Plus, I also like to know how to control the landing approach of aircraft.

only via the keys IsDropship=yes and SlowdownDistance= you can slightly change the way aircraft land.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon