Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Diablo 2 O_O
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject:  Diablo 2 O_O Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes if you think that no one plays that anymore than your wrong. I and hope others will try modding it and see what we can get out of it. BTW if you did mod it tell me what you did.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I'm aware of, there are only a very small amount of mods for D2... Such mods include a boss mod, where the bosses of the acts appear throughout the areas (I think), an item drop mod that is basically a better chance to get items... Some others... I know there's a private server like thing called Open Diablo (I think) where it is basically a modded Diablo II with custom items and custom areas... There are also at least two mods I can remember off the top of my head on ModDB that feature custom areas or some player bug fixes...

Oh, and D2 is still big, Hotrods, I know because I play it every now and then :p

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are others but its been a while. I remember one where you could play as a prime evil.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There at least was one Sonic mod.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My true question is when in the world will the release D3. On subject I have been playing this game almost my whole life and thank you Dubzac for those links. I was thinking of a graphics improvement and class evening. The barbarian needs to spawn side kicks and followers because the amount of times I died playing as him is epic.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Diablo on D2 i was far too hard i died like 10 times lol that was untill i reached lvl 109 yeah baby time for pay back....and then it died, no seriously it was one really hard game. then i silly enough to buy the expansion lol and failed hard with rouge.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the highest level was 99...

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is hard to get past level 99 seeing as you need a shat load of EXP.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just play levels over and over again if your mad like me. and fight manifesto a few times you level up really fast. lol.

or if you are smart fight the last levels of hell over and over you still get above 99.

but why now do swords suck so much now form diablo 1's awesome swords it. should not be two handed for all swards that are 50 damage, that was so unfair adding it like that.

repetitive bull sh*t . die, kill and level up move to other level and die some more. *yawn* yes its like that in the whole game. and did you know all the greetings are the same?, over and over again

now how the hell is that suppose to be fun huh?.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I always do is play the cow level and pwn all the cows. That is good EXP for awhile. I did create a new weapon for the game using some of its own names. If you people want it I could export it to a D2I file and you can import it via Hero Editor 0.91 I think.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding this game isn't hard, but generating an interesting enhancement that isn't a part of every other mod is a challenge. Most of this is spreadsheet stuff, but there are wonky limits (just like in YR) where odd hardcoding things can throw an entire mod in the trash.

@Shakar: This sounds like silliness, there are only a max of 99 levels in the stock game. And the entire detail about there being few mods seems to be a horrible misconception, I've played quite a few of them. http://www.moddb.com/games/diablo-2/mods Has an in-depth list, which most mods have downloads or on a beta stage. I've played MedianXL and Median 2008, SNEJ-mod, Zy-El, Back to Hellfire, and have been interested in some of the other ones that popped up. Most mods have scattered version requirements, due to massive changes in the game from patch versions.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have noticed that when you hit over level 99 the game will say your level 1 on the character select screen. Out of all the mods I have played. I have only played one that fixes AI issues.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most professional mods, specifically the ones I listed, have no AI issues or "shows level 1" issues.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im disappointed of moddb - there isnt even RoS listed #Tongue (ok the potatoe thing is quite strange, but the rest is quite cool ... #Tongue)

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course not, ModDB only lists what developers bring to it. If RoS fails to bring their work to ModDB, then there will be no ModDB listing for it.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm, good point. I will tell it the developer of RoS, to add it if the next version is finally avaible.

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum