Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Twisted Insurrection: Mapping Competition
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject:  Twisted Insurrection: Mapping Competition
Subject description: (POSTPONED)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. I've wanted to host a Mapping Competition again for a while, but wanted to do something different rather than standard Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 mapping, so Crimsonum suggested I host a Twisted Insurrection Mapping Competition, so I'm going to go forward with the idea.

Rules:

1 - Only One map per entrant.
2 - Map remakes from any C&C game are allowed, but they must be remade from scratch, not just modified versions of the originals.
3 - If you post any previews of your maps anywhere before the competition deadline, you will be disqualified and your map will be marked as void and will not be judged in the competition.
4 - You may modify your submission after you have submitted it, but be sure to get the new submission to me (Aro) on time.
5 - Entries must be submitted to Aro (Me) via Private Message by the 22nd of March 2011 (00:00 GMT)
6 - You are not allowed to use the Interior Terrain.
7 - Symmetrical maps are allowed, but will hurt your layout score.
8 - Twisted Insurrection staff members are not allowed to enter the competition.

Judging:

Judging will be done by Aro (Me), Q45, Crimsonum, [TiberianFuture] and ^Rampastein.

You will be judged on:

- Map Detail
- Map Layout
- Map Lighting (10 points for Invisible Light Posts & 10 points for Global Lighting)
- General Gameplay on your submission
- Triggers

Will be out of 100 points, based on the criteria listed just above.

- 20 points for Detail
- 20 points for Layout
- 20 points for Lighting
- 20 points for Game play
- 20 points for Triggers.

Detailing points will be mostly based on how you use the new terrain additions as well as the standard mapping tiles. Also remember that lighting is split in two, you will receive a maximum of 10 points for your Global lighting and a maximum of 10 points for your use of invisible light posts, this is also important for the judges to remember.

You can download Twisted Insurrection: Public Beta 2 here which comes with Final TI (TI's map editor). I also highly recommend that you read through the Twisted Insurrection: Mappers Guide before starting on your map.

Prizes:

The best maps will be made official Twisted Insurrection maps. By default, the first, second and third place winners will each receive a TI Mapping Competition signature/banner. The winner(s) may get an early copy of Twisted Insurrection: Public Beta 3.

Good luck to everybody whom decides to enter, we're looking forward to seeing your creativity.

Last edited by Aro on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 am; edited 4 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May non-mapping staff members also enter? #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. Razz

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was about to ask if you were after judges, no need it seems!

If I quit can I enter? #Tongue

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you're relying on at least one good entrant. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dudeinabox wrote:

You can be a judge too if you have to spare time.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mm... I have lots of free time and I don't have any real projects in the way. Most of the new objects are also very pretty and look fun to play with.

Tough choice.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Dudeinabox wrote:

You can be a judge too if you have to spare time.

Always plenty of spare time, just throw them my way when they're ready Smile

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is only one thing I'll know for sure: If the map I will submit sooner or later gets somewhere in the top-three, this competition failed horribly #Tongue

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its fun how TS map competitions have something like 4 participants and TI looks like will have more than 10. Laughing

Anyways, i could participate, but i haven't even tested your mod yet. >_<

Anyways good luck to who enters. Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dudeinabox wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I should allow the staff to enter...

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol Aro is persuaded under the threat that he ends up with no staff Laughing

I'll stick as judge anyways, I'm juggling too many maps already.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, the staff wins the contest with ease, I guess.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which is why I disallowed staff to enter.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might have entered as well, just to give me and one of my few started TI maps another mapping boost and maybe finally finish it. Though i doubt i would find the time and would rather use the spare time to finish some more buildings (the new Nod helipad looks already really nice; just the damaged stage needs to be finished Very Happy).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah well, maybe letting only non-staff ppl is better anyways. Brings some variation in the theme of maps #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have postponed this competition until a later date. It will be re-announced in April with many modifications to the restriction rules once I have more free time.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks XD I completely forgot about this competition.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why? Is the amount of sent maps THAT low?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never noticed that this topic had received any replies since my last post, so I apologize for the late response.

Firstly, yes, the amount of fan-maps received was a LOT lower than I initially thought, so more time for people produce maps is a good factor. Secondly, the main reason the competition was postponed is because my desktop (which contains all my modding equipment) keeps restarting itself without warning and without a valid reason, so I'm stuck using my notebook, though once I get all the necessary components, I can use this for modding again, despite the tiny 800x600 resolution.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Secondly, the main reason the competition was postponed is because my desktop (which contains all my modding equipment) keeps restarting itself without warning and without a valid reason

It's overheating. My desktop kept doing that when I first got it, and it overheated quickly because I had fan speeds turned down, and the cooling system wasn't operating correctly. Make sure you have clean processor, ram, and GPU cooling fans and that they're running at optimal speed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
Aro wrote:
Secondly, the main reason the competition was postponed is because my desktop (which contains all my modding equipment) keeps restarting itself without warning and without a valid reason

It's overheating. My desktop kept doing that when I first got it, and it overheated quickly because I had fan speeds turned down, and the cooling system wasn't operating correctly. Make sure you have clean processor, ram, and GPU cooling fans and that they're running at optimal speed.

In other words: open up your pc, clean it from all dust (especially the fans), and see if it works again.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the information, I'll give it a try. I may know everything about modding, but I know nothing about computers. #Tongue

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, that's where a community is for.

Indeed, cleaning it from the dust helps greatly... I'll do that every few months, actually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum