Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Run Mod with modified resolution?
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CrossplaneR1
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject:  Run Mod with modified resolution?
Subject description: How to run the game with mod with modified resolution?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The highiest resolution on my laptop is 1366x768 and C&C3 doesn't support and I have use this trick to run my C&C3 game in 1366x768.

Right-click on the shortcut, go to properties. In the target field add -xres 1366 -yres 768 to the end of the shortcut. Click Ok, then run the game from the shortcut.
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\CNC3.exe" -xres 1366 -yres 768

But how do I run Mods with modified resolution? because in order to run Mods files you have to go thru Game browser which the default highiest resolution will be use, in my case C&C3 will use 1280x720 for my spec.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to add a "-mod something" command to the shortcut, I believe, or make the actual target the config.txt file of the mod you want to run (under My Documents/Tiberium Wars/Mods/Mod Name) instead of the game's executable.

CrossplaneR1
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey thanks for your prompt reply!

But I don't get it, now the target field is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\CNC3.exe" -xres 1366 -yres 768"

Which part should I add the -mod thingy? let's say the mod I'm going to run is TiberiumEssence.

Thanks

CrossplaneR1
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile haaa! I got it work!

I just browse thru forums and found the "-ui" command and add it to the target. It looks like this now:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\CNC3.exe" -ui -xres 1366 -yres 768

Thanks PPMSite

Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon