Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
XML Source for MOD_SDK
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
meowmix
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject:  XML Source for MOD_SDK Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there. Love this mod, however I think it would be advantageous for you to release the XML source so that we can contribute to this mod.

Having that will allow everyone to both contribute to it, and customize the mod for their gameplay needs.
I really... REALLY would like to have access to this , so that I can make slight tweaks to various items, as well as add my own custom skills.

Please advise, thank you.

meowmix
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seriously come on, I'm having to sit here and hack my own mods into the game.

don't believe me? Take a look:

Quote:
GameObject:TiberiumCrystalBlue
DATA:mods/carnius/data/tiberium/tiberiumcrystalblue.xml
942FFF2D:BA9F66AB:132408DB:4AA7EFB1

AssetReferences: 26 Offset: 107584

I am having to replace each file from it's offset to it's subsequent item offset in the blasted .bin file, because you won't give us the XML files that are necessary to operate a mod. Yeah... I hacked it because exploding blue tiberium kills any game, especially with AI.
Unfortunately it crashes randomly, but it's better than it was.

If you are that stingy about the models, just give us the XML config files, and exclude the rest. That way you can say "ohh if you want the models and sounds and effects, you have to download MY mod". But don't hurt us by neglecting the mod community for your own prestige man... Not cool.
I give up, this mod is dying anyway.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, he likely not visit his forum here every day so have some patience to wait for reply... Rolling Eyes

plus he is not in any way entitled to release sources if he doesn't want to but if he goes with his original plan for source, you have to wait until he has decided to stop developing it himself.

meowmix
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand, thank you very much for the reply. I had presumed otherwise, so I apologize for my hasty reply.

It would be great to have the source for this because the mod is a lot of fun. But I oft dare to dream, rather than dare to wait. I shall attempt the latter. It is just a painful wait, since little has been updated in quite some time. I know what goes into mod creation, so I'm not saying he needs to hurry up because it is A LOT of work, but a post would be nice. You know a "hey, here's whats goin down, maybe it'll be another year before release, just letting my fans know."

An eta at least, God forbid. Well I cannot play this mod with exploding blue tiberium, and fight hours of attrition war gameplay, because it is boring to have to wait for green tiberium to grow when blue should be there. Therefore I cannot play this mod, and am thus having to create my own in the meantime.

Thanks again ApolloTD Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon