Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun: UMP Merges With Tiberian Sun Client
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [103 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to be "that guy", but is there a version that has just the bug fixes available for download?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apart from adding the Firsestorm stuff to TS (which prevents bugs anyway), that's pretty much what this patch does. Confused

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Apart from adding the Firsestorm stuff to TS (which prevents bugs anyway), that's pretty much what this patch does. Confused

i do think he means darken.shp.....wich actually i removed from the ecache from this patch and may annoy other people.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, right. I had forgotten about that. Yeah, it's simple enough to remove said file.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why don't you set up an update of this patch and make it more official with including the anti-lag patch? this solves a lot of problems.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will do another release soon.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd still like to know how to get rid of the tech center bug...hmmm

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tech center bug?
Do you mean, that once gained buildoptions should be removed again, when the prerequisite building is lost?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes this one, at the moment i came around with a rather unsatisfying solution....making the tech centre unsellable, and having no power drain on it too make it quite worthhile, even if it is a bit odd. the power drain from the tech centre in it's sum got shared with other buildings that already drain power, having still the same power drain on a full scale base. it doresn't remove the tech ....but yeh it can't be sold and has less downsides to it.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Other approach is to attempt to give players other incentives to keep tech center around instead of selling it. Namely adding a superweapon or something to it. Altough with limited superweapons and such options, that can get bit tricky.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh it's not quite the same, i'm tempted to remove the sell feature alltogether

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't it somehow possible to use the alternate warfactory workaround for this?
If the techcenter is a warfactory, the units will be removed again when the techcenter is lost. (would be only bad for the additional building/infantry/aircraft options, as it can be only one type of factory)

Public SHPs

Tools

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wouldn't disruptors come out of the tech centre?...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe with
WeaponsFactory=no
Factory=UnitType
it is a warfactory which can't build units, so they are instead kicked out on the normal factory only.

Public SHPs

Tools

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm afraid it doesn't work...have tested it.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be sure to add moving water in the next patch.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is no mod to enhance graphics. It only fixes bugs and other issues.
Since the original game has no animated water (except waterfalls) in the first place, it won't find a way into the next version.

Public SHPs

Tools

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But of course soon you'll be telling us how did you do it, through a tutorial perhaps?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i believe the water is animated tiles just like the waterfall....well so much animations, doesn't it disrupt multiplayer in any way LKO ?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a 200x200 map full with animated 1x1 tiles will drastically increase the map loading time (up to 7 minutes) and also reduce the gamespeed (from 6 down to 4, sometimes even 3).
But when you use a set with different tilesizes you can significantly increase the performance. (e.g. an animated 10x10 tile, 8x8, 5x5, 3x3, 2x2 and 1x1)
One 10x10 tile can then replace 100 1x1 tiles, which is a huge performance improvement.

From several tests, do these cause no sync-losses or any other issues. They are just like the waterfalls which worked fine online since the release of TS.

It won't take long and there will be a public mod featuring this. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats indeed very very cool, i'd always wanted to have animated water in TS since other RTS games even earlier ones had this looong ago i didn't understood why the waves in TS sorta...stuck being frozen Smile and even so it would be completely ok if just the shores were animated.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had animated water in my mod, however, it caused drastic lag. But that could also be from the very large maps i use too. Idid notice that it also depended on the range of transparency i used. No transparency caused no lag, as when using 50% transparency, there was a major lag issue. But Transparency, has always been a lag issue.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed. Never use transparency on such large scale anims.

Public SHPs

Tools

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about Transparency=25? Does it still cause massive lag issue?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All transparent keys do that.
Worst: Translucent=yes
Bad: Translucency=25 or 50 or 75 (should be used only on a few anims like buildings, but not on terrain)
Best: Translucent=no

Public SHPs

Tools

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A good addition would be if the Armory and Nod Pyramid would get a sow image. Many modders like to add them to the buildable buildings and they don't appear on snow maps.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
small heads up
UMP 0.2 is missing UnitCount= tag in Multiplayer Settings (rules.ini)
---------------------------------------------------------------
and there is cabal obelisk image overlaping

also UMP has on many places this:
Tag = value
instead Tag=value

(spaces)

also I don't know if this is hardcoded (LKO might know more)
but [Tentacle] weapon Range is set to 15 which makes Floater
shoot from distance and kill nothing but gets stuck far away from target
(also farts massivly which lags game)

reducing this to 2 helps

that is a art.ini issue

and its to do with Canhidethings= (default =no) (recomended=yes for all buildings with shadows)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh? Surprised
MakeUpKey=yes is no valid way to solve things #Tongue

The key Canhidethings doesn't exist.
To solve this, the activeanim needs a better ZAdjust value.

Public SHPs

Tools

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Dubzac mistakenly mentions it while it exists in RA2 only.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
huh? Surprised
MakeUpKey=yes is no valid way to solve things #Tongue

The key Canhidethings doesn't exist.
To solve this, the active anim needs a better ZAdjust value.

thank you LKO for your critic. But no i just posted a "RA2" tag i was looking for the correct one to post here and yes it does exist.

From Artmd.ini.
Code:

;      CanHideThings = true/false - specifies whether this building marks cells so other objects will be hidden on the cells it occupies

Look my Artmd has this to stop overlapping. My question was that i forgot the TS tag that is just about the same but name differently.

Ans: No its not ZAdjust, that only moves the building (animation) down the Z axis, it will not stop the overlap form acuring. Twisted Evil

Unless you have a better code lets hear it. Cool

btw in the meanwhile just make your foundation bigger that should solve the issue too. dunno why it wasn't mentioned earlier in the posts, meh.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this is TS, saying that key doesn't exist was right, as it doesn't exist in TS.
An equivalent key of CanHideThings also doesn't exist in TS.
The ZAdjust keys exits in RA2 too and do there the same job. I don't know what CanHideThings exactly do, but outgoing from the comment it's something else (hiding objects on the cells and not behind the building sounds more like something that belongs to bunker-logic or repair bays which have units directly on them; but that's off-topic here).

There is also no need to be angry. It's just being exact and mixing up the 2 still quite different games isn't helpful (in fact it often brings newbies even more into trouble).
So before posting something based on superficial knowledge, it's better to check the facts first. Wink

Dubzac wrote:
Ans: No its not ZAdjust, that only moves the building (animation) down the Z axis, it will not stop the overlap form acuring. Twisted Evil

There is also the NormalZAdjust key, to move the whole building in a different render layer. But ActiveAnimTwoZAdjust=-50 is indeed the solution. Wink #Tongue
So stop your provoking attitude and check your facts!

Dubzac wrote:
btw in the meanwhile just make your foundation bigger that should solve the issue too. dunno why it wasn't mentioned earlier in the posts, meh.

bad idea, as the empty cells look bad. Twisted Evil

correctZAdjust.png
 Description:
You see, the right ZAdjust fixed the issue.
 Filesize:  40.16 KB
 Viewed:  13593 Time(s)

correctZAdjust.png

Public SHPs

Tools

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spelling the tag incorrect error much.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

There is also the NormalZAdjust key, which is indeed the solution. Wink #Tongue

you mean this

Code:
[GAWEAP]
Remapable=yes
Cameo=WEAPICON
Foundation=4x3
Height=2
NormalZAdjust=-10  ;<-(1st) your talking about this; am i suppose to read minds now, yeah?.
AnimActive=0,1,0
Buildup=GAWEAPMK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
DeployingAnim=GAWEAP_2
DoorAnim=GAWEAP_D
DoorStages=9
UnderDoorAnim=GAWEAP_1
NewTheater=yes
BibShape=GAWEAPBB
ActiveAnim=GAWEAP_A
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-119              ;<-(2nd) this.... this is what i thought you where talking about when you said Zadjust, make sence next time
ActiveAnimTwo=GAWEAP_B
ActiveAnimTwoZAdjust=-119
ActiveAnimThree=GAWEAP_C
ActiveAnimThreeZAdjust=-119

LKO, have a internet cookie. Btw you could of just said it before. after i had to highlight what i mean't. Okay so i'm rusty big deal. I haven't modded TS in 8 years sssshh! , some people and there "asumtions". *sigh*

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had used the UMP... but some of the Buildings, for Example the Office-building" (neutral building) has wrong "height"-entries =( some units are flying throught the building =/

Code:

[CITY03]
Foundation=3x2
Height=2
NewTheater=yes
ExtraDamageStage=false
TerrainPalette=true
DemandLoad=true

and must be:

Code:

[CITY03]
Foundation=3x2
Height=3
NewTheater=yes
ExtraDamageStage=false
TerrainPalette=true
DemandLoad=true

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm requesting that this topic is unpinned and the Tiberian Sun Client topic is pinned instead. http://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40462

The TS Client package contains all of UMP's fixes and contains a lot of enhancements, making UMP obsolete.

And yes, before anyone asks, the client has Aro's support.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first post has been updated to include the current information on what is happening with UMP and the TS Client. Please do as Rampastring said above.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

except not everyone wants your ts client

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anybody wants the UMP as a separate download, just inform me, but I'm not certain why, as either a modder or a player, you wouldn't want the client? It is beneficial in every way.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, it's done.

Regarding UMP as a separate download, I guess that some people still own the old CDs and UMP as a separate mod might be more interesting for them than the whole thing together.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even then the client offers all of the features that the original game does, plus many new ones and all these new features are completely optional.
So I also can't see why anyone would not want to have the client included.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

coz client makes too many troubles seen from other topic
and alters mix files

while ordinary ump was just merged ini file

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any problems mentioned in the other topics have been fixed since then or weren't caused by Rampastring's TS client (and the TS build) in the first place.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:

can you be more precise?
Or is it because you can't (refuse to) install .NET and thus can't use the client?

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:

No, it doesn't make any trouble. It's possible that it has some bugs that effect the experience, but they will be ironed out over time (and it's already quite mature, considering it has been used in DTA and TI for years). Any file structure changes are just for making modding the game more convenient (pretty much everyone agrees, subdirectories > MIX files) and do not cause any changes in the game itself. Please stop spreading FUD.

@LKO: I like your style

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now that he mentions .net
I'm personally totally out of using it

but it would be nice to have link for both NORMAL ump
and this new thing so people can choose

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anyone feels motivated to constantly modify and reupload the "normal" UMP whenever improvements are made to the client's TS build, be my guest...

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys should just ignore Exley, his of no value to contribute anyways regardless of the whine here.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, he contributes a lot of modding questions
about a game he doesn't has installed. #Tongue

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

now that he mentions .net
I'm personally totally out of using it

But why?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because it's actually Sky.NET and will soon kill everyone who installed it!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F*ck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [103 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon