Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberinus Silvius
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject:  Tiberinus Silvius Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been working on this since my first map and have put it off many times, but finally I finished it. There are a few minor graphical errors that I do not know how to fix, but fortunately they don't effect the actual gameplay in any way. I was debating the lighting for a long time, but I left it as it is so I could get comments on how to improve it. Pretty difficult until you get a strong foothold, but I'm not the best C&C player either so your experience may differ. Anyways, here is the screenshots and the map.

--------------------->
Tiberinus Silvius
--------------------->
Recently we sent several aircraft over Brazil to collect data about the evolution of Tiberium in the area. Two of those aircraft sent distress calls saying they were shot down by enemy fire. A short while later we received another message notifying us that the Brotherhood of Nod have set up a massive Tiberium harvesting operation in the Brazilian Red Zone. This harvesting operation is significantly boosting their income and shutting it down will deal a powerful blow to the Brotherhood. An old GDI base exists that may help you, but is highly damaged and in need of serious repair. Massive fissures and crevices separate the GDI base from Nod, making land-based travel impossible until you establish a forward base. A Nod power station will need to be destroyed before you can do so however as Nod has anti-air defences scattered across the Red Zone. Hostile Tiberium lifeforms and mutant outposts will be an additional danger if they are encountered.

[OBJECTIVE ONE: Destroy the Nod power station.]
[OBJECTIVE TWO: Cross the crevice and establish a forward base.]
[OBJECTIVE THREE: Destroy the main Nod base.]

NodPowerPlant.png
 Description:
The Nod bridge outpost. Destroy the Array by the Power Plants to cut the power and allow travel to the other side of the crevice.
 Filesize:  888.36 KB
 Viewed:  5287 Time(s)

NodPowerPlant.png

NodMutantHole.png
 Description:
A Hand of Nod and a Mutant settlement. Destroying the Mutant settlement will provide a suitable area for MCV deployment.
 Filesize:  927.49 KB

NodMutantHole.png

MiniNodBase.png
 Description:
A smaller Brotherhood of Nod base. It does not have to be destroyed to complete the mission, but doing so will provide a suitable area for MCV deployment.
 Filesize:  933.88 KB

MiniNodBase.png

MainNod.png
 Description:
The main Brotherhood of Nod base. Destroy it to complete the mission.
 Filesize:  805.85 KB

MainNod.png

Mission2.zip
 Description:
Download & Comment. :D

Download
 Filename:  Mission2.zip
 Filesize:  3.55 MB
 Downloaded:  598 Time(s)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks and sounds like an interesting map. I'll have to play it and look at it soon. Hopefully this weekend if I can find the time.

Anyways since you were concerned about your lighting I'll focus on that first.

Your lighting seems ok for the most part. I only noticed a few things that really just don't go with my style. But of course you have your own style. The following list is what i'm talking about.
-More blue lighting around the blue mold. I think it looks better when accented that way. But again that's my opinion.
-Perhaps a bit more editing on the Invis green lights. They seem a bit weird to me...I wouldn't say too intense or anything...just that they seem a bit weird. Don't really know how to put that any other way...I think it might be due to the overall lighting of the map being somewhat of a greenish color to begin with.
-The level difference is really good in the first pic to the exception that it's causing the base of the cliffs to really stick out in the dark canyon.

Now looking at the pics with the quick look i've taken I can really only see one big graphical error and that's the bridge section shadow appearing on part of the bridge. This is usually due to bad placement of a bridge section. It takes some getting used to placing them 100% correctly. It usually happens when placing the first hand placed section over the bridge cliff set as you go over top of the buffer ground like tiles that can be seen in flat mode.

Now this is a big thing that kinda annoys me...but what good is a stealth generator when you have pavement outlining the base? And also walls and stuff? I personally think that if a Stealth Generator is going to be used in a paved area it should be an urban place like as if a Nod base was built in the middle of civilian buildings.

Other than that the only comment I have is that at some places the raised and lowered grounds that make hills seem a bit blocky like. Much as if you just set the preset thing to make a hill of 1X1 and went around using that. Which is ok for starters but if you want to get better it's good to touch up the basic squarish looking hills with the Slope tiles in the bottom menu area by hand. Which of course takes longer but it looks better in the long run.

Anyways...that's all I really have to say for now. Good work and I'll hopefully be back to make another comment later this weekend.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations, nice map!

A few comments:
- The lighting is brilliant. It gives an "ion storm" feel to it, which is good considering it is a red zone. They are supposed to have strange weather conditions.
- I do agree with Ixith that there's something with the lighting in de blue mold area. There's no blue tiberium there, just mold, so it's logical there's no blue lighting, but still, it looks out of place. May I suggest you try and change the blue mold to a veinhole area. It looks like a good location for it. Just my opinion, of course.
- And yes, the Stealth Generator is useless with your base layout. Walls everywhere, those don't cloak. You can guess where the buildings are when cloaked. Though I admit, keeping it that way will not ruin your mission.

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll keep in mind to use the blue lighting, which was something I really never thought about. The lighting on the Tiberium was what bugged me the most about this map, so I might try changing that or making less bright. I'll work on the bridges as well.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you really need to use trees a whole lot more, and the Nod base shouldnt just be pure concrete.

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried it,

But the mission is impossible, with the continuing subteranean attacks... You just need to calm down the Noddies...

Very good mapping, anyway...

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A) I'm pretty sure the creator isn't around anymore, so if you insist on posting on old maps, at least post on those which maker is still hanging here.

B)It's not impossible, I've beaten this.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon