Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject:  Questions
Subject description: Had to come sometime.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah 2 questions for now, maybe some later but . . .

How do patrols work, can they be preplaced on a map?

How exactally do Bridge repair huts work and predestroyed bridges?

Like persay I wanted a destroyed bridge from the beginning of the game that can be repaired.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For 2: use a trigger to destroy the bridge at the beginning of the map. Then there are no problems with unrepairable bridges Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
How do patrols work, can they be preplaced on a map?

First you make a path with waypoints for the units to follow. Then you create a kind of taskforce you want to patrol, and a proper script for the taskforce so it will move from A to B and attack enemy forces while doing so (Use action: Patrol to Waypoint). Remember to put "Jump to line #" ("#" being the line where the loop starts from) as the last action to create a loop. Oh yeah and then you need to make a corresponding team and a trigger to launch the patrol of course.

Quote:
How exactally do Bridge repair huts work and predestroyed bridges?

You have to place a bridge repair hut at the very end of the bridge to make it function. If it's too far or otherwise misplaced, the bridge repair hut won't function.

Quote:
Then there are no problems with unrepairable bridges

What are these problems anyway? I've never had any even if I preplaced the damaged overlay myself.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew about #2 being a Jump to line thing but how do I control which units are the patrol units, like say I wanted to create 10 or so of the same type of patrol?

Also, by make a trigger to destroy the bridge, do you mean make a cell tag to "destroy building" and put it on the bridge?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well for the bridge to get destroyed, if you wish to take that route, all you have to do is use the action 'Apply 100 HE damage at Waypoint' and then set it to a waypoint that you have placed directly under a middle spot that the bridge goes over. That will cause the bridge to blow up at that one spot. If you want more than just one line of the bridge to get destroyed place another waypoint and use another action in that trigger at another spot in the same bridge section and it will explode more of the bridge.

Although i'm with crimsonum in that i've never experienced problem with preplacing a damaged bridge to the exception of it can be annoying as sometimes it's hard to tell if you've placed a piece of bridge over the end of the cliff/bridge terrain until you get ingame. The only repair issue i've ever found with bridges is if the bridge is longer than (i believe 13 cells) with out a bridge support being put in. The benefit of preplacing a bridge is that you won't hear the explosion at the start of the map at all nor will the debris cause anything to catch fire or damage anything which might have a trigger set to it that's event is 'Damaged by anything.'

as for the patrols. The taskforce will tell you which units to use. Say if you want 5 disc throwers and 4 light infantries, you put that in the task force, and set up script, teams and trigger for that patrol. If the infantry or units you wish are already existing on the map then you should use the trigger action "Create Team" then you have to tag each unit with the trigger that the patrol is on and it will make sure that THOSE ones are chosen. If you don't tag them then it it likely to pull from various places or from the closest area around.
If you want the patrol group to say come out of a building and start patrolling then you need to use action (i believe 80) which is "Reinforcemnt (team) [at waypoint] " which will spawn the specified team at the specified waypoint.

then you must do the same thing for each patrol that you want to have. (Setting waypoints, scripts, taskforces, teams, and triggers for it all.)

If you want I can set up an example map of some sorts for you that you can look at and see how certain things are done. Then we can always add more to that map as you find more questions that could use examples to be demonstrated.

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have problem with flares wich don't appear at the waypoint I want. It is bugged ?

How to make a MCV redeployable in a mission map ?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As for the flares problem, that's FinalSun brilliance.
The waypoint is saved as a number, though it has to be literal.

Open FSData.ini and go to [Actions]. Change the bold numbers from this:
Quote:

8=Drop Zone Flare (waypoint)...,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Not relevant,1,1,8

to this:

Quote:
8=Drop Zone Flare (waypoint)...,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,Not relevant,1,1,8

Re-open the map in FinalSun and edit the trigger using that action. Try it ingame, it should work.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon