Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Using C4 for Bridge
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject:  Using C4 for Bridge Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to use your unit C4 ability to blow up the bridge? (like other buildings) and it still can be repair by engineers?

Like engineers can enter and fix the bridge.

I want something different to add like a certain unit enter and blow up the bridge, something like that.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't that work by default already?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. Probably special houses are needed?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC it does work. Just C4 the bridge repair hut and not the bridge itself.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:

This ain't RA2

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just tested it again and it indeed doesn't works in TS.

Public SHPs

Tools

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
DaRTzO wrote:

This ain't RA2

According to LKO It is. So sir' please enter your timberium infested cave and return as a mutant.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you can C4 Bridge Huts to blow them up in TS?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
So you can C4 Bridge Huts to blow them up in TS?

Not at all. Crying or Very sad

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bridge huts are infact the only thing that can NOT be C4'd. Even laser fence sections can be C-4'd using force fire.
If you have anything on the map you don't want destroyed by C4, you should add BridgeRepairHut=yes

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it only works by a trigger in a SP maps.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Bridge huts are infact the only thing that can NOT be C4'd. Even laser fence sections can be C-4'd using force fire.
If you have anything on the map you don't want destroyed by C4, you should add BridgeRepairHut=yes

So, if i turn it off for the bridge repair hut, that means it will not be able to repair the bridge as well too because it is off.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

That's actually quite interesting... I remember trying to create a completely immune oil derrick as a test, but it could always be C4'd even if it was Immune=yes. Does BridgeRepairHut=yes have any unwanted side-effects? Like does it need to be placed next to a bridge to act as a real bridge repair hut, or would it still repair the closest bridge if it was miles away from it?

EDIT: Also can the building still be captured normally?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After quick tests, it seems that to be immune to C4 the building needs both

BridgeRepairHut=yes
Immune=yes

If only one of them is used it can still be C4'd. BridgeRepairHut=yes makes it impossible to capture the building with engineers. Thus my idea of completely immune capturable oil derricks still won't work Crying or Very sad

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's this action which does a HE explosion at the specified waypoint, so if you want it destroyed without using C4, you can simply place 2 waypoints under the bridge and use that action to blow them up.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try the following
-place a celltag under the bridgehut
-create a trigger to check if a unit entered the celltag
-destroy the bridge when the trigger fires

An engineer isn't able to enter the hut if the bridge isn't destroyed. If it's destroyed, the trigger would most probably fire before the engineer entered the hut, thus only some redundant damage is done, before the bridge is repaired.
So you end up having only C4 units to fire the trigger on functional bridges.

Public SHPs

Tools

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, is it possible to create a celltag that can trigger only with certain unit that have C4 ability? If an engineer enters the hut, it won't blow up, but if an unit with C4 enter the hut, it will blow up.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe you should also try capturable=true just to exhaust all options.

does planting a C4 actually count as "entering" for the sake of triggers?

The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Zero: read my previous post. It doesn't matter which unit enters the cell.
I also said before in another topic of yours, that it is impossible to check for a certain unittype when something enters a cell.

@Team black: a celltag is no building. with Event "unit enters" it will fire the event regardless which unit entered the cell.
But since in this case a bridgehut is on the same cell, only units which can enter the building will be able to enter this specific cell. Thus only engineer and C4 units are able to fire the trigger

Public SHPs

Tools

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, I placed a celltag under the bridgehut. When i forced my unit to C4 it, nothing happened. So, I put the celltag right next to the bridgehut. Then i move my unit over it and it create explosion on the bridge (Not destroyed fully, but just damaged)

What I used is Action #42, do explosion at (waypoint ID) - although I still need some testing to see if it can work with Action #32.

EDIT: Now i used Action #32 and placed it under the bridgehut. I forced C4 it, but nothing happened.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

What I used is Action #42, do explosion at (waypoint ID) -

You should place waypoints underneath the bridge, not the repair hut. If you want it physically destroyed.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's actually a trigger in the GDI campaign the does that. Mission 3 where you have to capture the train station, if you go toward the middle, an engineer enters a bridge hut and destroys a bridge. Obviously this is trigger work, but it should tell you what type of trigger to use to destroy a bridge.

Otherwise, you can just spawn a meteor storm, that'll take it out #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Otherwise, you can just spawn a meteor storm, that'll take it out #Tongue

Also used in GDI mission 1.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

What I used is Action #42, do explosion at (waypoint ID) - although I still need some testing to see if it can work with Action #32.

EDIT: Now i used Action #32 and placed it under the bridgehut. I forced C4 it, but nothing happened.

use action #63 Apply 100 damage at
It uses the HE damage and will destroy a single line of the bridge in 1 go of it. And if you want more than just a single line of the bridge place 1 waypoint at one spot on one side of the bridge and another on the other side both with an action for that trigger that causes the 100 damage of HE to be applied to those waypoints and the entire section of bridge between those will blow up.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, yes. However, It seems like that I need to create an event, like for instance if the bridgehut is being "infiltrate" by an unit it will blow up. The problem is that bridgehut is blocking the celltag that I placed it above it, therefore the unit that enters bridgehut doesn't trigger the celltag and doesnt blow up the bridge. Only outside of bridgehut.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What if we made the Engineer into a spy? Spy=yes or Infiltrate=yes, IIRC

The Team Black Index

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
What if we made the Engineer into a spy? Spy=yes or Infiltrate=yes, IIRC

Impossible, if engineer become spy, it will capture the building and blow up the building at same time. :/ Even you can make mistake by blowing up your own building when you need your engineer to repair your buildings. #Tongue

Not necessary, it need to have some kind of certain event, that when a certain bridgehut is entered by engineer or C4 unit that will blow up the bridge. (not engineer because they will probably repair the bridge after the trigger is fired)

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have anyone found the solution to blowing up the bridge using the trigger?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

Describe the situation when destroying the bridge. Do you want it to explode when something comes near, or when the repair hut is entered by a unit?

Either way, you are going to need that action:
Apply 100 damage at waypoint

/ppm/'s stupidity

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Zero18 wrote:

Describe the situation when destroying the bridge. Do you want it to explode when something comes near, or when the repair hut is entered by a unit?

Either way, you are going to need that action:
Apply 100 damage at waypoint

when repair hut is entered by a unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon