Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CCCIII: Lonely Paradise [5]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject:  CCCIII: Lonely Paradise [5]
Subject description: Mevitar's Entry: 5th Place
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCIII: Lonely Paradise [5]
Mevitar's entry: 5th Place

Detail: LoL. Just. LoL. The first time I glanced through this map, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The second time, well, there is a valid reason for the maps name. It is difficult to create such a map along with some excellent detailing work, but it has been done. Great usage of LAT's and cliff-work and of course, some extra points for creativity. Only thing that bothered me was repetetive shores here and there, but otherwise: Woo.

8/10

Layout: Again, if a maps intention is to look like something overhead, then it can be hard to also create a good layout for the map, but it has been done well here. The maps layout appeares to be a 1 VS 4 scenario due-to the Yuri Statue placement but because of the various routes and chokepoints, it can work in many other options.

8/10

Lighting: The lighting is... vibrant in places, which spoils it a little bit for me. Globally it's nice, and while I appreciate the attention to detail around the ore and gems, it is simply too vibrant in places, however, again, I assume it has been done intentionally to emphasize the shape of the map itself

6/10

Gameplay: The maps gameplay takes advantage of giving the players pre-placed structures and reinforcements (Player at A, at least). I like this in a map, only if it is done sensibly and for the most part, if this is a one vs all game, then yes, it's good.
There is a very wide selection of structures to capture around the map which adds to the tactical opportunities. For the most part, I had good fun on this one.

8/10

Triggers/Effects: As mentioned above, The map takes advantage of giving players some pre-placed sturctures, but other than that, the map lacks much else in terms of triggers or effects. Sound effects can really help to add atmosphere to a map, it's a shame there weren't any added to this one. Still, the triggers added an extra bit of fun-factor to this map.

4/10

Overall - 34/50

If there was a score for minimap creativity, you'd have scored 10/10. The map is a fun one to play and a pretty (and humerous) one to look at. The lighting and lack of atmospheric triggers have had the biggest effect on lowering your overall score, but non-the-less, another great map to play!

alone.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  alone.rar
 Filesize:  206.59 KB
 Downloaded:  1643 Time(s)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map be the best thing I've ever seen. At least in the last 5 minutes. Now to play!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't even notice at first, but I did wonder why the shape of the island was so funky. Laughing

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this map! It looks so funny! Sad

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't win. Sad
Nobody likes me. Sad
Forever alone. Sad

BTW, I actually made an update of this map. Mostly balance stuff. Wouldn't make me win anyway. #Tongue

• added two entrances to the top player
  • moved one statue to better protect one new entrance
  • made some more build space for all players, especially the top one
  • lowered Lonely Mastermind's spawn delay from 750 to 600
  • changed ownership of 4 top derricks to player 1
  • reduced the lighting of some lighting posts a bit

alone_v2.rar
 Description:
balance update

Download
 Filename:  alone_v2.rar
 Filesize:  201.87 KB
 Downloaded:  177 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is awesome, stop being silly! #Tongue But honestly, the lighting is what killed it for me the most. Good job on the update.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't know Arch La Indigo, do you? #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Hecthor Doomhammer
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this map. We already used it in our previous Mental Omega stream of last wednesday and I do expect to see it more often.
Very nice job, Mev!

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And another balance update. I thought the last change was enough, but it still proved to be difficult for the top player to defend miners in early phase of the game, so i made additional changes.
Some might be annoyed that i'm changing it again, but i want my maps to be balanced, and since i changed it for my mod, i might as well post it for everybody else. #Tongue

• Lonely Player gets an additional Tech Powerplant (so less worries about power)
  • you can now build stuff near the Tech Powerplants (so you don't have to basewalk that much - of course you can still add more structures if you think that's not enough for your mod #Tongue )
  • moved some structures to make miners easier to defend for the Lonely Player

alone_v3.rar
 Description:
final balance update, i won't post other changes i make for this map :P

Download
 Filename:  alone_v3.rar
 Filesize:  202.18 KB
 Downloaded:  144 Time(s)

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the update Mevitar.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon