Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Which game do you want us to support?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject:  Which game do you want us to support?
Subject description: Are you modding other games? Let's make a community for it here!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, which game do you want us to support?

Name it. Show us which game you are modding. It doesn't need to belong to a big corporation. If we find out other people like you willing to support this game, we can start something interesting here. So, go ahead and say it: which games are you modding and which of them should be interesting to build a community here?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dawn of war is pretty cool. www.relicnews.com is the main hub for all its mods. Revora has Dawn of war too.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think World at War Zombies mods would be cool, but hell if I knew where to begin with that

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although i disagree with this expanding thing, as i think most mod-able games already have a modding community out there. Here are some games i think would be good to feature on this site, a lot of them lack a proper modding community as of now, which maybe PPM could build up.

- Act Of War: Direct Action & High Treason (this one doesn't have a modding community. But it is very mod-able)
- Emperor: Battle For Dune (lacks any real modding community)
- Dark Reign
- Age of Empires 3

Last edited by dodgevipergts on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 am; edited 4 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How come Dune2K isn't supported, by the way? I have never actually played the game myself, but it seems to be quite popular with this community.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dune2K seems to be mostly modding Dune 2 and Dune 2000

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish Minecraft had released that official modding API already, as I have some nice ideas for that game to expand it #Tongue And yes, I am fully aware that you can mod it as it is, but it requires loads of workarounds, and your mod breaks with each new official release.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dodgevipergts wrote:
Dune2K seems to be mostly modding Dune 2 and Dune 2000

Dune2000 (The game) is what I meant.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yah emperor, and dune 2 & 2000 might as well be here at PPM. Its all Westwood, right?

www.dune2k.com is the main hub for those 3 game's modding potentials. They've done alot. A high res patch, allying with skirmish AIs, adding more AIs to skirmish matches, new campaigns, mission and map editors.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with adding Dune 2000 although the modding capability is fairly limited, it would need some hacking power to try open it up.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that would be a good call..
I never really looked into the Dune series before but sheesh, it's got the same engine. not to mention Emperor BFD has the SAGE doesn't it?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also http://d2kplus.com/index.php

I'll be just grabbing that high-res patch and start playing it once again after many many years (and hope that it won't crash this time after few missions >__>)

EDIT: Forgot to take part on this topic. I've always wondered why Dune games haven't been supported much here (I've seen MrFibble's Dune2 mods being promoted here though)...

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Wow, that would be a good call..
I never really looked into the Dune series before but sheesh, it's got the same engine. not to mention Emperor BFD has the SAGE doesn't it?

E:BfD does not use the SAGE engine unfortunately. It uses its own rather obscure engine, which makes modding difficult as far as I have seen.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe it used W3D like Renegade, which was a precursor to SAGE.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I believe it used W3D like Renegade, which was a precursor to SAGE.

correct

now bit offtopic:
---------------
I'm surprised that Nox never came to PPM
true its not RTS but nevertheless its fun game and comes from WWS #Tongue

regarding to Dune Emperor, its too bad no editor for even basic
changing stuff like se2k/tibed was, exists, that would be 1st step in modding IMO

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, for the last damn time, Emperor not use W3D/SAGE, this is common misconception even written on the wiki by educated guess. Ask even Hyper whom also looked at it like me and deemed its totally different engine.

Emperor was offsourced to make by British Intelligent Games and they went down under in 2002 a year prior to Westwood and apparently the engine running it was called Xanadu(?) Plus SAGE had been in development long before this game came out yet not share common features and use custom archives, custom compression, most similarity to Westwood are the coding and audio engine that are still different.

You don't need a editor for the game, can be modded same as any other C&C except custom models are impossible due to custom XBF format, I do have my own mod for it from way back tho but no time.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See http://mvinetwork.co.uk/ and http://d2kplus.com/wiki/ for some recent reverse engineering of Dune 2000 that also made OpenRA d2k mod possible. Same thing here: outsourced to UK Intelligent games and only published by Westwood. It seems to have started with the Red Alert engine (some unused conyard icons still use RA95's temperat.pal and their PALETTE.BIN format is identical) and it uses .AUD for speech (though .WAV for sounds) otherwise all file formats differ and have some unique features such as embedded palettes, 16-bit without remapping not seen in any Westwood2D game.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
No, for the last damn time, Emperor not use W3D/SAGE, this is common misconception even written on the wiki by educated guess. Ask even Hyper whom also looked at it like me and deemed its totally different engine.

Emperor was offsourced to make by British Intelligent Games and they went down under in 2002 a year prior to Westwood and apparently the engine running it was called Xanadu(?) Plus SAGE had been in development long before this game came out yet not share common features and use custom archives, custom compression, most similarity to Westwood are the coding and audio engine that are still different.

You don't need a editor for the game, can be modded same as any other C&C except custom models are impossible due to custom XBF format, I do have my own mod for it from way back tho but no time.

Thanks for clearing it up. It's a shame its so compiled, you can't even extract the voices from the damn game as far as I tried.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum