Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Maps That Won't Make it to Public Beta 4
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject:  Maps That Won't Make it to Public Beta 4
Subject description: Cut Twisted Insurrection maps
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Over time, the quality of our maps have greatly improved which has left several of our older maps in the dust both visually and in terms of playability. We have decided to cut these maps from Twisted Insurrection and they will no longer be included in the future releases, but as they still took a lot of work and people may enjoy them personally, I'm putting them up for download here.

The maps that have been cut are the following:

Arden River [Older Version] (Visually redundant)
Hazard (Visually redundant)
Pakal-Witz (Visually redundant & poor playability)
Midnight Fury (Poor playability)
The Edge (Visually redundant & poor playability)
Climbatize (Visually redundant & poor playability)
Arkus Wastes (Visually redundant & poor playability)
Plexus (Visually redundant & poor playability)
Pentagram Redux (Visually redundant)
Zeta City (Visually redundant & poor playability)

More maps may be cut and or remade in the future, if that is the case I will upload them to this topic.

Cut_TI_Maps.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Cut_TI_Maps.rar
 Filesize:  4.82 MB
 Downloaded:  165 Time(s)

Last edited by Aro on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

• The worst problem with Arden River is that it's imbalanced. The left side is much closer to the middle (which is offers a crucial advantage) than the right side.
  • Hazard could be remade from the scratch. It's kind of cramped with narrow paths and limited routes.
  • Pakal-Wiz...well, that's just plain ugly.
  • Midnight Fury would be good without the Ion Storm and the unrealistic transition between a lush forest and the dead hillside. The five-player setting not very balanced either.
  • The Edge could be modified to make it a four-player map, or bring the third player closer to the other two players on the left (somewhere like the civilian outpost in the middle).
  • There's nothing to prevent the two players from choosing to team up and destroy the middle player in Climbatize. It could be edited into an Unfair Advantage -type map, i.e. give the middle player a clear advantage over the two, so it can stand a chance.
  • All Arkus Wastes really needs is a facelift. It's an OK map with an interesting way of keeping all the resources in the middle.
  • I don't know what to do with Plexus. It could be edited into a wide four-player (2 vs 2) map, with better visuals.
  • Pentagram Redux is not the shiny remake I was expecting to see. The Pentagram should be more visible, and the terrain and Tiberium placement reminds me too much of TS.
  • Zeta City is good, but I don't like the actual city. The paved cliffs are far too serpentine for my taste.

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awww, I always thought Midnight Fury was kinda cute :3

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those cut maps are only with TI compatible aren't they?

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you wanna put some of them in your mod???? I want it too #Tongue

DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked Zeta City and Plexus,I hope Zeta City will be remastered(or totally different with the same name because I love the city maps) Smile and Plexus I just liked the unfair advantage of making a base on the center outpost.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded these maps, and can open them in map editor, but not in game. Are they not compatible with Public Beta 4?

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try renaming their file type from map to mpr.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.MAP files need to be listed in missions.pkt in order to show up in-game. If you'd rather avoid having to do that, simply do what Erastus suggested.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
.MAP files need to be listed in missions.pkt in order to show up in-game. If you'd rather avoid having to do that, simply do what Erastus suggested.

What do you mean by "listed in missions.pkt"? I tried doing what Erastus said, but that causes the game to freeze when I open it.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there's a file called missions.pkt. It can be opened with notepad, and you will see a list of all .map type maps that appear ingame. If a particular .map isn't listed, it will not appear in the ingame list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum