Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Blank screen on TS and D2K
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject:  Blank screen on TS and D2K Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently I've been getting some error between Dune 2000 and Tiberian Sun. Both are the CnCNet5 versions. Here's what I know:

In Dune 2000: Opening FMV plays, then top left corner glitch happens, and can't do anything else.
I've played around with video settings, no change.

In Tiberian Sun:
Tiberian Sun doesn't launch.
Odyssey and Insurrection both start a game with black screen. If I press "esc" then I see a frozen image from the MCV. The menu is black, and sometimes I can hit menu buttons by guessing where they are.

These are graphical errors, not internal errors. The game keeps going but nothing is seen.

Tiberian Dawn and RA1 CNCnet both work fine.

These also work fine on my laptop. I'm not sure when it started, but it might have been when I upgrade my rig  cpu and mobo, and other stuff last December.

Windows 7
CPU AMD 8350
GPU GTX 770
mobo AMD 990fx

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aKQJf6WqYg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like issues known from either Intel graphics controllers, or Windows 8.1. Hard to tell otherwise with no PC specs. :p

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I heard about this problem not long time ago (the dune 2000 one), no idea what is causing it tho...

For TS, try to enable ts-ddraw or IE-DDraw in the config

What OS do you have?

Do you have High DPI scaling enabled?

Try to use the original game executable to make sure the problem is not caused by my patch:
http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/d2k/Dune2000.7z

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried forcing them into a window? I had similar issues with Windows 8 and TS, but windowing it worked fine.

Steam

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Funky: I just tried those files, got same result.

Not sure how to choose DPI scaling, though I tried in min res and max res, also same result

Skirmish in good old Tiberian sun seems to work just fine though

what should I try next?

The Team Black Index

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just confirmed it's set to default

The Team Black Index

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like you are using 2 monitors, am i right? Try it with only one

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's an issue with two monitors, I've found that running the game windowed fixes it.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just talked to someone who got the same problem, he said it started to happen after a graphic driver update, his GPU is gtx 670

He said it worked fine before the update, so you might want to get an older version of the drivers, the latest one is bugged

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have Nvidia driver 347.52 (latest) and it works well.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If original TS works in Win7 properly then for the modded versions, try with default renderer. Or try various option
in this post : http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38620

If it is dual display, can try winkey+p and switch from extend to computer only.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case of CnCNet TS, if there is old ddraw.dll (26.5kb 23/Oct/2013) in the game folder, try removing/renaming it.
Newer ddraw.dll (14kb 14/May/2014) in Twisted Insurrection PB 5039 doesn't give this problem.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could someone upload it here, just for shiggles?

No I'm not using dual display

The Team Black Index

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I reinstalled Tiberian Sun CNCNET. Turns out I must have had an older version. I was under the impression that the auto-updater would cover all the bases, though apparently not.
I can actually see the screen now. Only thing is, if I hit the menu, the menu is invisible, and I have to guess where the buttons are. Good thing the past 15 years of playing this game has given some muscle memory to help me find them #Tongue

I'm going to update latest versions of TI and TO and see if that makes a difference.

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon