Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Unable to start skirmishes
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:  Unable to start skirmishes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! I seem to be having an issue with this mod. It installed fine. I can access the menu and bring up the Skirmish lobby, but as soon as I hit 'launch', the skirmish lobby closes itself, and then reappears again, as if nothing had happened. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'd appreciate some advice, I haven't touched Tiberian Sun for what must be approaching a decade and would love to play the mod!

I do not have the original TS any more, but I assume that doesn't matter
Thank you for your help,

- Wolfysnacks

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which OS do you have? (WinXP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Do you have a firewall installed? If yes, which?

Check if you gave the game folder admin rights.
Your issue sounds like
a) the client is not allowed to start the game exe (e.g. firewall blocking the game or OS blocks the game due to limited rights)
or
b) tiberian sun is incompatible with your OS (in this case try some different renderer settings in the "Settings" menu)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To me this sounds like the game executable is launched and then it silently quits immediately. Could you upload / copy-and-paste the file "TI.log" from your TI directory to this topic?

Also answer LKO's questions.

Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I wasn't expecting a response that quickly! Hi guys!

LKO- I'm on a windows 7 OS. I have AVG antivirus, but I disabled that. Didn't seem to make a difference whether I had that on or not.

Rampastein- I've dug through the file directory and can't find anything called 'TI.log'. There's a text document that's just called TI, do you want that?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfysnacks wrote:
There's a text document that's just called TI, do you want that?

Yes, he wants that. Silly Windows hides the file extension.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello again. Here's the copypaste of that file-

MillisecondTimerClass low = 0, high = 7266536
WinsockInterface constructed
WinsockInterface init.
About to call WSAStartup
Winsock initialised OK
Winsock version is 1.1
GetCDClass constructor
CD drive found - C:
CD drive found - Q:
TibSun is already running...Bail!
MessageListClass::Init(Width: 632)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfysnacks wrote:
TibSun is already running...Bail!

Thats the problem, the game is detecting another instance of TS/TI already running.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make sure that you don't run Tiberian Sun or any other TS-based mod like DTA. (open task manager and kill the game.exe process or game.dat in case of TI/DTA or any other TS mod)

The TS-engine can not be run twice on the same PC. Only one instance is allowed to run at any time.

Public SHPs

Tools

Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back again guys. I got it to run skirmishes, but I am met with only the sidebar on the right side of the screen, the game music, and a black screen where the terrain/units should be. I tried putting it into windowed mode and fiddled with the resolution to see if that would help, and it said 'This product requires 16 bit pixel depth' and then crashed.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks so much for your continued help

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wolfysnacks wrote:
Back again guys. I got it to run skirmishes, but I am met with only the sidebar on the right side of the screen, the game music, and a black screen where the terrain/units should be.

Which map are you attempting to play and with what settings? Have you tried playing another map? It could be a map-related issue.

Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has happened on a number of maps, the one I tried most recently was-

Abandoned (Map)

resolution- 1280x800
renderer- default
windowed- no
sidebar darkening & alphalights- yes
back buffer in video memory- no
smaller vehicle graphics- no

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With settings I meant the settings you choose on the skirmish menu #Tongue

Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH. I Put on-
Short Game
Build Off Ally
Re-Deployable MCV
Destroyable Bridges
Start Without Shroud

When I put start without shroud on, I was able to see my starting units etc, but I am still having really bad graphics problems i/e strange lines appearing across the screen, unable to close the menu, unable to interact with or click on anything.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, in that case it's not related to the map or the skirmish settings.

What is your graphics card?

Try the game with different renderer settings in the graphics options and see if there's one that makes it work better. Especially the TS-DDRAW renderer often fixes issues like this. If it still doesn't work, try enabling Back Buffer in Video Memory.

Wolfysnacks
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's all working fine now.
Thank you so much!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For future reference, can you tell which settings fixed your problem?

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum