Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mod bits & pieces
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [78 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay now, everybody stop.

One question:

Why do you make mods? (this applies to everyone)
Just ask yourself.

Now, different strokes for different folks.  Millenium's approach is to tackle the concept first and formulate the technicalities around it.  Kenosis' approach is to formulate the technicalities and let the concept be the result.  Both are correct.  Both are good.  This entire conflict is utterly fruitless.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, you are right.
I hope I haven't offended kenosis' approach though, maybe I did in anger, but it wasn't my intention.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GenesisAria wrote:
Why do you make mods?

Back in 2010 I was depressed. I just realized I'm gonna fell out of university and up 'til that point, I only helped out others but lived my life in almost completely ignored - the exclusion was the local astronomy course, but I did not realized that at that point. I wasn't socialized well enough back then to know they seriously cared.

Long story short, after two of my then-good friends (one fallen off the radar since) talked me down from suicide, they persuaded me to get a project of my own running. To after I participated in numerous others' dreams getting true, I should make my own.

I cannot remember now why I decided that dream of mine I will fully persuade be a YR mod, but the flow of events ultimately brought that. Since then, AS is running.

It's kinda ironic that after close 5 years since this decision, my dream still feels kinda nowhere though I did successfully aided others... that's just a shrug of people cannot really change such drastically.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did not realize you have/had mental issues. I will not fight back in the future if you pick fights with me >< Sorry if I triggered anything.

As for me personally... not sure actually. I feel like I have ideas in my head that want to be realized, and I enjoy finding ways to implement them in the C&C engines, because it's easier to do than learning CC+ or whatever to make a game from scratch. I feel like it's almost a bit... addictive. lol
Over time, the ideas have somehow adapted to each other so that now I rarely come up with things that I don't at the same time have a code for, in the back of my head.

Last edited by Millennium on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depression isn't a mental issue, it's a state of self-purposelessness that people get into sometimes when life gets them down.  Anyone can get depressed, and depression plays with your head like a mild psychosis.  It's more about perspective and lack of true happiness.

My point simply was, people are making mods because they either have an emotional reason why they want to, or simply because its fun.
Arguing over it is pointless. It's like telling eachother how to entertain yourselves. Different people enjoy different things for different reasons lol.

Besides, he sounds like he's doing better now.

And the original topic goes by the wayside.

Last edited by GenesisAria on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're all fanatics here, I think... I'm a fanatic about not wanting chrono technology, for example, or fiddling for weeks to figure out the difference between a 75mm, 90mm, 100mm, 105mm, 120mm and 125mm gun. I think that is also why I consider D-Day to be the "ultimate" mod. The amount of detail, the care that's taken to calculate gun damage on the basis of RL armor penetration statistics... it's so awesome!
I'm very... "austere" in what I want my mod to be. But I try not to take it to others' mods.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Admit or not. My approach is superior. Most fancy concept makers dont even know what they are talking about and has not a single clue how to make their ideas into real playable mod contents. TransC gave me your scrap book.These ideas kinda proved this point. Some quick logic analysis:

e.g. Chopper has 4 weapons:
A bouncy bomb. If it does not directly hit something, it bounces and in the end becomes a mine.
How to make it bounce and turn into a mine if it doesn't hit something? Bouncing is not doable unless you are editing TS. Debris?Debris bounce randomly. And debris to mines? How to make the weapon behavior different depending on hit or not? No detailed logic instructions for it and to my knowledge I can only tell this is unrealistic.

Web gun. I did RTFM and didn't find this logic recovered in Ares.

Minigun. no need to talk about.

Disabler. For the name it might be something like weapon jammer in RA3. But there is no logic that stops enemy from only firing. EMP freezes unit, and cant be called disabler anyway. So-beloved attacheffect can't alter range, as its manual reads. How will you do this?

See, a fantastic concept, but the real doable part is the dull minigun. And I forget to mention that one unit if not using gattling can have only 2 weapons. Even if they are doable, how can you combine these 4 in a gattling(circle)?

Also saw something about panther. +15% firepower in open ground? You may need to modify every existing map, put on there invisible units that fire attacheffect weapons to add the firepower. Super hard work to do.
And another ability of it, toggle ammo type? Auto switching is easy, but judging by toggle I assume it is manual control. To achieve this you need unit to unit transformation. But......

And about "transforming", as a multiple patch user I can ensure you this only happens in NPExt. At least at this moment. But in Npext you don't have attach effect. So the panzer setting is making me confused about the patch you will be using. For jet transformers, normal SCHP transforming will make the deployed "mecha" unable to move.

Advice to you: Better make your design when you know what exactly the engine/patch can do then. Or they will be just daydreams on paper. Writing down concepts, only 25% of which is doable isn't serious modding.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Admit or not. My approach is superior. Most fancy concept makers don't even know what they are talking about and has not a single clue how to make their ideas into real playable mod contents.

Advice to you: Better make your design when you know what exactly the engine/patch can do then. Or they will be just daydreams on paper. Writing down concepts, only 25% of which is doable isn't serious modding.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who said anything about serious?  Tho i agree it's sorta counterproductive to get ahead of yourself, it's no reason to get uptight.  Not everyone has to be uptight about making "the best mod", or whatever.

And the end of the day it's about enjoying making something that can be enjoyable to play.  If hardly anyone plays it, and he's fine with that, that's cool.  There's no superiority to it.  Some people seek to make rock solid mods that could pass as a commercial release if it was stand-alone... Some people just enjoy making shit.  If his ideas aren't up to your standard, then either do something about it by helping improve it, or ignore it lol.

Not everyone seeks to be a pro.  Even if he does, it just means he's not there yet. Simple.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Admit or not. My approach is superior. Most fancy concept makers dont even know what they are talking about and has not a single clue how to make their ideas into real playable mod contents. TransC gave me your scrap book.These ideas kinda proved this point. Some quick logic analysis:

e.g. Chopper has 4 weapons:
A bouncy bomb. If it does not directly hit something, it bounces and in the end becomes a mine.
How to make it bounce and turn into a mine if it doesn't hit something? Bouncing is not doable unless you are editing TS. Debris?Debris bounce randomly. And debris to mines? How to make the weapon behavior different depending on hit or not? No detailed logic instructions for it and to my knowledge I can only tell this is unrealistic.

Web gun. I did RTFM and didn't find this logic recovered in Ares.

Minigun. no need to talk about.

Disabler. For the name it might be something like weapon jammer in RA3. But there is no logic that stops enemy from only firing. EMP freezes unit, and cant be called disabler anyway. So-beloved attacheffect can't alter range, as its manual reads. How will you do this?

See, a fantastic concept, but the real doable part is the dull minigun. And I forget to mention that one unit if not using gattling can have only 2 weapons. Even if they are doable, how can you combine these 4 in a gattling(circle)?

Also saw something about panther. +15% firepower in open ground? You may need to modify every existing map, put on there invisible units that fire attacheffect weapons to add the firepower. Super hard work to do.
And another ability of it, toggle ammo type? Auto switching is easy, but judging by toggle I assume it is manual control. To achieve this you need unit to unit transformation. But......

And about "transforming", as a multiple patch user I can ensure you this only happens in NPExt. At least at this moment. But in Npext you don't have attach effect. So the panzer setting is making me confused about the patch you will be using. For jet transformers, normal SCHP transforming will make the deployed "mecha" unable to move.

You are
A) refering to things which have not been made official/implemented yet.
B) Yes, the open terrain firing thing is possible to do. It does not apply map-wide to maps with no elevation/forests/etc, it applies when the unit itself is firing in open terrain against a target that is also in open terrain, with no intervening terrain obstacles (elevation).
C) As is the disabler. And it's not EMP, its stunning via locomotor. And it has since been removed, that info is not up to date.
D) You are limited to 2 weapons per stage, which gives you lots of options.
E) Transformers can have intermediate building stages... not an optimal solution, I know, but better than none until vehicle-to-vehicle transformations come along.
F) A webgun is simply a movement-stopping weapon that applies to infantry only and uses certain animations. It's a design choice, not a unique code.
G) Yes, bouncing bombs (which are still in the game right now) are just meteor/debris weapons. Creating a mine is obviously via MakeInfantry and the game already differentiates between hit and miss on its own when considering whether it should spawn infantry from an animation. If you hit a building, no infantry will be created, instead the Next= animation will play, which deals damage. If the bomb misses (or hits inf or vehicle, I concede that that is a shortcoming), the MakeInfantry will spawn, which in this case is a "Leaper" (ie exploding Terror Drone).

There is no "superior" or "inferior", no matter how much you show off and that other guy posts clapping gifs. Who would be the judge? You? Why not me? I can just declare myself superior too. Easy as that. The fact that some guy is posting a gif under your post means... nothing. But I don't. I'm civilized. I respect your approach, it's not too different from mine actually. Again, you're referring to inofficial/outdated unit statistics. When I'm talking about sharing design ideas, I'm not talking about these fantastic impossible concepts, I have enough ideas that can actually be implemented. I also just like to work out code for something. Earlier I was asked to make some more weathercontrol-themed support powers, and I made up - with code - a SW that creates lingering slush/ice. The process that lead there isn't any different from the conversation you described earlier.

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like someone was forgetting that animations can have warheads XD
But yeah, Ares is great to toy with.

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
Creating a mine is obviously via MakeInfantry and the game already differentiates between hit and miss on its own when considering whether it should spawn infantry from an animation. If you hit a building, no infantry will be created, instead the Next= animation will play, which deals damage. If the bomb misses (or hits inf or vehicle, I concede that that is a shortcoming), the MakeInfantry will spawn, which in this case is a "Leaper" (ie exploding Terror Drone).

Outta curiosity, with Ares 0.7 I did a little experimentt.
I add the Next=S_CLSN58 tag to the original [GENDEATH] in artmd.ini, and then however the GENDEATH anim is invoked, the Brute won't be spawned. And both two anims get their palette wrong.
Obviously the Ares in my hand only use the last one in a chain of anims  to spawn infantry....
Even the manual itself says:"If you are creating a chain of animations using the Next= tag then MakeInfantry= goes on the last animation whereas MakeInfantryOwner= goes on the first animation - that is, the animation that was initially invoked."
Maybe your Ares is of a different version after all...
And if a anim spawning infantry is played in a pre-occupied cell, the infantry will still be spawned after the occupied cell gets empty(you shoot the building with webgun and the mine will still be spawned after the building is destroyed/selled/chronof**ked, just like that)

Edit:The last one is wrong. Ares will just delete this anim...

Last edited by Trans_C on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are tags AnimPalette and AltPalette(i think this uses unit palettes) that might fix it... and that's not even using the ares custom palette thing.
I use Ares 0.9 (latest) i can assume Millennium does too.

Trans_C wrote:
chronof**ked, just like that)
Great way to put it lol!  I'll have to remember that.

Last edited by GenesisAria on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's talk peacefully anyway..
Millennium wrote:

B) Yes, the open terrain firing thing is possible to do. It does not apply map-wide to maps with no elevation/forests/etc, it applies when the unit itself is firing in open terrain against a target that is also in open terrain, with no intervening terrain obstacles (elevation).

Changing Primary/Secondary basing on the SubjectToElevation= tag? This won't work!

Millennium wrote:

C) As is the disabler. And it's not EMP, its stunning via locomotor. And it has since been removed, that info is not up to date.

Locomotor beam disabling targets is flawed: the target will be disabled forever. Someone has even exploited this bug to make a driver-sniper weapon well before Ares exists.

Millennium wrote:

E) Transformers can have intermediate building stages... not an optimal solution, I know, but better than none until vehicle-to-vehicle transformations come along.

This is one of the reason we stick to NPExt: the seamless vehicle conversion! All hail LH_Mouse! Squeak!

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GenesisAria wrote:
there are tags AnimPalette and AltPalette(i think this uses unit palettes) that might fix it... and that's not even using the ares custom palette thing.

Palette is not really a problem. The problem is that the anim spawning infantry should be the last one in a series of anims linked by the Next= tag.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
GenesisAria wrote:

Palette is not really a problem. The problem is that the anim spawning infantry should be the last one in a series of anims linked by the Next= tag.

It should... but you know why it should? Because if it's not, then exactly what I have described here will happen. Maybe I can even post a video on it.
Quote:

And if a anim spawning infantry is played in a pre-occupied cell, the infantry will still be spawned after the occupied cell gets empty(you shoot the building with webgun and the mine will still be spawned after the building is destroyed/selled/chronof**ked, just like that)

I did not know that... if that is really true, it would be a dealbreaker, you're right. I'm sure this would have it's use for other purposes though.

Trans_C wrote:
Let's talk peacefully anyway..
Millennium wrote:

Changing Primary/Secondary basing on the SubjectToElevation= tag? This won't work!

Not changing... but suppose a unit fires two projectiles at virtually the same time. One of them is a very normal cannon shell, the other one is an invisible thing that gets blocked by intervening terrain, but would add +15% damage IF it hit...

Quote:

Millennium wrote:

Locomotor beam disabling targets is flawed: the target will be disabled forever. Someone has even exploited this bug to make a driver-sniper weapon well before Ares exists.

No? At least that never happened to me. It's an AI thing, the unit does not _really_ get stunned forever. The AI fails to re-engage it and that was part of the reasons why this was removed.

Quote:

Millennium wrote:

This is one of the reason we stick to NPExt: the seamless vehicle conversion! All hail LH_Mouse! Squeak!

Good, I hope your method works for you. Personally I wouldn't want to pass up on the other things Ares offers. I'm also hoping that eventually, Ares will allow vehicle-to-vehicle transformation - at the very least, the push for that in the community is very strong. Should unit-to-unit transformations be declared a permanent no-go, I will probably remove the ammo-switching features. I would likely keep the transforming mecha and use some random explanation for their intermediate stage, maybe even make it useful in some way (a protected mode, a turret mode, etc).

Just generally speaking... I concede some of the things I want to do will not work, and some of the things I try to implement show up to have flaws later (like the thing you said about infantry being spawned when the cell empties). But it's not to the extent kenosis is trying to make it look like, and it is also not what this thread was about. He went into a scrapbook site and took random things from there that may not work, but I claim no responsibility for things functioning that you take from that site yourself. Nothing on those pages say that they refer to RA2/YR units, even. If someone takes those units and then complains they can't implement them in YR, that's not my problem really. I'm - for the most part - aware of what concepts will work, and I would get those out of "storage" myself. I have very sound ideas that I know how to code, and I'm offering to share those.

Kenosis said that people rather need help with coding their own ideas, and I'm willing to help with that too, but that is kind of what this very forum itself is about, so making a thread about it seemed rather dull. Maybe I should put it into my signature or so: "I'm very available to help with coding if you ever run into trouble. I will help you where I can."

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:

Cannot confirm this one at all, tho I use infspawner anims for years now with Ares - since 0.2-0.3 - and I never seen this happened.

Any mutation anim is hardcoded to play in unittem. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/896339

Locomotor beam using Temporal loco freezes the unit completely, using other locos end up a semi-working jamming. http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/IsLocomotor - MO 1.2 Infector Tank is a prime example where this didn't break units without ability to recover.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Cannot confirm this one at all, tho I use infspawner anims for years now with Ares - since 0.2-0.3 - and I never seen this happened.

I have tested this before I post it...
Tell me how to run Ares in window mode and I can make a gif for this.

Edit: Tested again.
My mistake. It doesn't happen in Ares. This happens only in vanilla YR.
Really really sorry for this mistake.

Last edited by Trans_C on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

create a shortcut on desktop add -win command to shortcut...

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, now I must assume the honored title of "the guy who knows nothing but talking stupid nonsense about everything"...

The first one is how it should be tested.
The second one is how I tested before...

3.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  355.35 KB
 Viewed:  1916 Time(s)

3.gif

2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  366.51 KB
 Viewed:  1917 Time(s)

2.gif

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
Yeah, now I must assume the honored title of "the guy who knows nothing but talking stupid nonsense about everything"...

You got them flying on top of the building and that's why they survived, eh? That's not even close to know-nothing. No problem.

=======================

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
Not changing... but suppose a unit fires two projectiles at virtually the same time. One of them is a very normal cannon shell, the other one is an invisible thing that gets blocked by intervening terrain, but would add +15% damage IF it hit...
Oh man, imagine applying that to railgun logic... I like that.

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
create a shortcut on desktop add -win command to shortcut...
or add -win into RunAres.bat:
Syringe "gamemd.exe" -win %*

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only thing I see in this thread is the lacking insight certain someone has into the game and dreams big  while some see it from miles away that its dead end alley... *sigh*

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, kenosis spun the conversation that way by digging up one or two concept units that I can't implement. That whole thing of me inventing tons of things that are impossible to code is *partially* true, but it has gotten way too much airtime relative to the other things I've done or would like to help people with.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe the confrontation has died down now? I  would like do some content-sharing of the kind for which this thread was originally made.

Fun with AE Debris
Awhile ago, I came up with a "bait catapult" unit, ie a unit that launches a barrel of honey/blood/whatever at another unit and makes it attractive to aggressive wildlife for a limited amount of time. Think of that pheromone sack thing in HL2.

In the rules:
Code:

[General]
AnimToInfantry=BEAR

; Glass of honey!
[HoneyThrow]
Warhead=HoneyWH

[HoneyWH]
AttachEffect.Animation=HoneyFX.stage1
AttachEffect.Duration=N ; up to you

In the art:
Code:

[HoneyFX.stage1]
TrailerAnim=HoneyFX.stage2
TrailerSeperation=N; how many bears would you like?

[HoneyFX.stage2]
Bouncer=yes
Spawns=HoneyFX.Debris
SpawnCount=N; another valve for the amount of bears...

[HoneyFX.Debris]
Elasticity=0.0
MinZVel=40.0 ; this doesn't really matter, it sets the ceiling height of the debris' trajectory, but the debris will not be visible in-game anyways. It is a factor in the debris "scattering radius" as it determines "flight time", but XY is more promising to modify scattering radius
MaxXYVel=3 ; this sets the scattering radius around the unit - see comments below
ExpireAnim=MakeBear
Bouncer=yes

[MakeBear]
MakeInfantry=0

I think this is a rather interesting weapon because, gameplaywise, instead of dealing direct damage, it allows the target to mitigate the total effectiveness of it through its ability to escape from or deal with... bears. Of course, it works with other things too - monkeys, zombies, mutants, drones, sandworms... younameit.

The only drawback is that it is not possible to control what exactly the bears will attack - they will be drawn to the general area of the baited unit, but they may go for other targets. Fiddling with the debris' XY velocity may alleviate this as you can cause the bears to spawn closer to the baited unit. On the other hand, larger XY velocities, to the point of the debris impacting off-screen, would make it seem more realistic, as the general area was suddenly teeming with bears, rather than crowds of bears popping up out of thin air around a certain unit...

The bears themselves might also need some alteration to make them more aggressive if you use long distances, ie a longer-ranged VirtualScanner, or default GuardMode and long GuardRange.

"Kingslayer" game mode
Code:

[XXCNST];substitute XX for the respective faction's prefix
Name=Castle
Survivor.Side#=KING ; can certainly have different Kings for different sides - ie Allied Dugan, Soviet Romanov, Yuri... Yuri, etc.

[KING]
Name=The King
DeathWeapon=RoyalExplosion

[RoyalExplosion]
Damage=999999
Warhead=RoyalExplosionWH

[RoyalExplosionWH]
CellSpread=255
AffectsAllies=yes
AffectsEnemies=no

Hardly original to come up with, but I've not seen it before. Could possibly be expanded into a ctf game mode in which the flag explodes its original side the moment you capture it, but I'm not too sure how to implement that with more than 2 players (or at all).

Time Machine SW
A SW which transports units a few minutes into the future. It does not work on buildings, but then again, when has chrono stuff worked on buildings, right?

rules:
Code:

[TimeMachineSpecial]
Type=UnitDelivery
Deliver.Types=VortexDummy
SW.Animation=X;maybe the Chronosphere's warp-out animation?

; A vehicle type
[VortexDummy]
Image=NULL
Armor=VortexArmor
AttachEffect.Animation=VortexEffect
AttachEffect.Duration=-1
Strength=1000 ; can be anything, this determines how far into the future the units will be sent.
Primary=VortexWeapon
Ammo=10 ; how many units can be sent into the future?
DistributedFire=yes
AttackFriendlies=yes
Selectable=no
Explosion=X;something chrono-related, maybe the Chronosphere's warp-in animation?
DeltaSelectionBracket=999
Passengers=999
SizeLimit=999
Survivor.RookiePassengerChance=100% ; unless you want some people to get lost in the endless voids outside spacetime?
SpeedType=BeachFloat

[VortexWeapon]
ROF=0
Abductor=yes
Abductor.Anim=WARPOUT;up to you!
Warhead=X;something that doesn't attack buildings.

[VortexWH]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
Versus.VortexArmor=100%

All other warheads should ideally have 0% against VortexArmor.

art:
Code:

[VortexEffect]
Damage=100 ; divide VortexUnit HP by this to determine how many frames the victims will be sent into the future
Warhead=VortexWH

This is just a rough draft, it certainly needs some more attention to detail. But if anyone wants to try it, I hope it gave you an interesting idea to work with, or maybe you will find another use for this concept!

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like if you'd be on skype or steam or something, i'm sure we could back-and-forth a lot of ideas, maybe cook up ideas that aren't applicable to either our mods and start handing them out for others to use...

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I want everybody to benefit from the useful ideas! Crowded

Something more:

Using Gattling to replicate Gen/ZH Subdual Damage Caps!
Generals had a feature where a unit (or building) could take a certain amount of "subdual" damage that would not have any effect, but once the cap was met, the unit would be disabled. This is seen on units that use EMP effects, it was cut from all other places in the released game. While Ares adds EMP to YR with lots of useful features, it is not possible to re-create EMP subdual cap with it. This is a little exploit that is meant to create a simulation of the subdual damage cap system in YR. It only works for weapons fired by buildings and vehicles, and does not really consider the amount of EMP dealt to a unit, only the total length of frames the unit has been fired upon with an EMP weapon, but to the player, it will look very much like the ECM Tank of Generals. If you are not using a "beam" weapon like the ECM tank, but rather a weapon with discrete projectiles, you may also think of this feature as "how many EMP shots can the unit take before being disabled", rather than in terms of frames.

First, we set up a unit that uses EMP weapons:
Code:

[EMPTank]
IsGattling=yes
WeaponStages=x ; set the amount of stages to the amount of different "EMP Cap" levels you would like to have (explained below)!

Next, we define different vehicles into different EMP Cap groups. For example, we want our Light Tank to be very vulnerable to EMP and firing at it with an EMP weapon for a mere 20 frames should disable it.
Code:

[LTNK]
Name=Light Tank
Armor=heavyEMP20

Don't forget to define the new armor in your [ArmorTypes]!

Code:

heavy.EMP20=heavy ; heavy vehicle that can take 20 frames of EMP damage before being disabled

Then let's look at the mighty, big Apocalypse Tank! We want it to be more resistant to EMP. Let's say it can take being subjected to EMP for 200 frames before being disabled.
Code:

[APOC]
Name=Apocalypse Tank
Armor=heavyEMP200

Again, don't forget to put the armor type into the list.
Two different cap levels would already be sufficient for a demonstration, but for showing the potential of the system, let's add another level. We all know aircraft is notoriously vulnerable to EMP, a single hit will cause an airplane to crash instantly. So, let's harden our Harriers against EMP!

Code:

[FALC]
Name=Harrier
Armor=lightEMP100

Now, the Harrier can take 100 frames of EMP damage before being disabled (and hence crashing). Again, add the armor to the list.

Now we go back to our EMP Tank. We have 3 levels of EMP cap (20, 100 and 200), plus one base level which applies to all units we did not give a new armor and which will hence be disabled instantly, so we set:
Code:

WeaponStages=4

and then add:
Code:

; stage 1
Weapon1=EMPTankWeapon1
Weapon2=EMPTankDummy

; stage 2
Weapon3=EMPTankWeapon2
Weapon4=EMPTankDummy

; stage 3
Weapon5=EMPTankWeapon3
Weapon6=EMPTankDummy

; stage 4
Weapon7=EMPTankWeapon4
Weapon8=EMPTankWeapon4

Now, the weapons and their warheads:
Code:

; this weapon instantly disables all units that do not have one of the new armors
[EMPTankWeapon1]
Warhead=EMPTankWH1

[EMPTankWH1]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
Versus.heavyEMP20=0%
Versus.heavyEMP200=0%
Versus.lightEMP100
EMP.Duration= ; this can be anything you like - as I've said in the intro, it is unfortunately not possible to bind the cap to the actual amount of EMP.Duration (although maybe it's better so, as it allows for the cap and duration to be independent).

[EMPTankDummy]
Damage=0
Warhead=Super

This means the first weapon will fire on anything that is not equipped with our new armors. Instead, the Dummy will be used.

The second weapon, accordingly...
Code:

[EMPTankWeapon2]
Warhead=EMPTankWH2

[EMPTankWH2]
EMP.Duration=
Versus.heavyEMP20=100%
Versus.heavyEMP200=0%
Versus.lightEMP100=0%

The Light Tank, with its 20 frames resistance, gets struck first. When the EMP Tank goes into the second weapon stage, it gets hit with EMP and is disabled. For the Apoc and Harrier, the tank continues to use the Dummy...

Accordingly, you would now set EMPTankWeapon3 to hit the Harrier, and EMPTankWeapon4 to hit the Apoc. Then you would set the Stages to how long you would like to have each armor resist EMP (20, 100 and 200 frames in our case). After each stage, one of the resistance levels "branches off" and is disabled, while for the others, dummy weapon continues to be used and does not inflict EMP on them.

This feature can be used for other effects too, for example making certain targets take awhile to be subject to MindControl.
I hope someone will have a use for this!

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something more:

Zombie Machine
Consider this a tank or maybe a stationary turret. While it exists, your infantry around it will not die permanently, but revive as often as you want them to.

Code:

[NAZMAC]
Name=Soviet Zombie Machine
Primary=ZombieMakerWeapon

[ZombieMakerWeapon]
Damage=1
Projectile=InvisibleVertical
Range=255
Warhead=ZombieMaker

[ZombieMaker]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
Versus.CorpseArmor=100%
InfDeathAnim=ZOMBMK
CellSpread=x ; whatever radius you like

Add this for all infantry that should revive:
Code:

[Example_infantry]
DeathAnim=ExampleDeathAnim

In the artmd, give ExampleDeathAnim the settings to spawn an infantry type, let's call it "ExampleCorpse"

Code:

[ExampleCorpse]
Name=Corpse
Armor=CorpseArmor

Finally, create the ZOMBMK animation in the artmd, and make it spawn an infantry. Either a generic zombie, or you can make it circular, with the zombie animation re-spawning the infantry unit that has just died. For example, conscript corpses could respawn into Conscripts when resurrected.
I'm sure there are plenty more uses for this, such as Necromancer units, and the like!

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon