Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
Quick comments PB 5039
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:  Quick comments PB 5039 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On PB 5039

- Should be careful with instant build for units. There is a minimum time needed for a unit to come out of factory.
Otherwise, for example you order 4 and get only 2.
- Team start location in skirmish lobby reverts to random on restart, doesn't save last used. Color changes from
random to specific colors.
- Has -NOVERIFY commandline option been disabled? Repair installation message is popping up.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Quick comments PB 5039 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
- Team start location in skirmish lobby reverts to random on restart, doesn't save last used. Color changes from

I'll look at it.

E1 Elite wrote:
Has -NOVERIFY commandline option been disabled? Repair installation message is popping up.

Yes, -NOVERIFY is gone. Its previous implementation allowed circumventing the client's version checking, so people could've abused it online to cheat etc. I'll restore it in the future though, I used a different way to implement it for DTA's latest client which would work for TI as well. Admittedly I forgot to implement it for this release of TI.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Quick comments PB 5039 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Color changes from

Yeah, I think it saves the last color used? I.e. if you pick random, and start the game, whatever color you end up with is saved on the lobby screen.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- AI bases are filled with power plants leaving very less space, specially in unholy alliance.
- Custom folder map's game mode could be called Custom instead of Standard. Better would be to enlist them
at the end of list for other compatible game modes.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
- Custom folder map's game mode could be called Custom instead of Standard. Better would be to enlist them
at the end of list for other compatible game modes.

This is actually a FinalSun issue. FinalSun is hardcoded to write GameMode=standard to the map's [Basic] section. By hex-editing FinalSun it's possible to make it write GameMode=Custom instead.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Would be nice if in Unhoy Alliance, GDI AI was able to create Nod units and Nod AI was able to create GDI units.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
- Would be nice if in Unhoy Alliance, GDI AI was able to create Nod units and Nod AI was able to create GDI units.

Not sure if it can be done, and it would require a crapton of copy/pasting of all kind of AI stuff.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yesterday I had fun with this modified unholy alliance file with 7 AIs. It is crude, done in a few minutes.
TI could have a proper one.

EditedUnholyAlliance.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EditedUnholyAlliance.zip
 Filesize:  4.64 KB
 Downloaded:  18 Time(s)

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@E1 Elite: What does this file do? Were da details at? Not that I wouldn't want to download your file, you and your files seem cool.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In unholy alliance, even though AI player in game is able to build other side's structures, it still plays as one side
only (GDI or Nod in TI's case). It has to be exclusively told to produce units of the other side, otherwise it keeps
producing units of one side only.

The attached 'Unholy Alliance.ini' file was a test to make the AI GDI side to produce Nod units and Nod AI to
produce GDI units. It can be tested by replacing the same named file in TI PB5039 under INI folder. Additionally,
had increased the power output for power plants, so that lesser number is needed for more base space.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky edit. Smile I'll apply something similar in the next update.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! I like the power plant changes too. I've always been pissed off that you have to build like 10 power plants for a single base.

Thats just retarded. I'd rather have one, maybe two power plants or so, power plants that MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COST! More realistic this way me thinks.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then you just throw nukes at power plants and call it a day? #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HELL YEAH!

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, since update 39, (maybe before too), if the AI builds something it should not (either due to Tech Level, or even civilian structures if Base Props are enabled (and then I mean the oddball ones, not the typical base props)), the game crashes after the scores are counted.
The easiest way to provoke the AI in doing this is to set the Tech level to 1, kill the Harvester (but not the Refinery) while making sure to kill the infantry the AI spawns (so it runs out of funds).

It isn't a really bothersome crash, since the crash only occurs after the game ends and the scores are counted, and you even end up in the Skirmish setup screen as if nothing happened, but a crash is a crash.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another few findings about 0.39(.1)

- Obligatory Veteran Kazuar Speed Crate bug mention

- Snipers are stupidly overpowered in Meat Grinder.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture wrote:
Another few findings about 0.39(.1)

- Snipers are stupidly overpowered in Meat Grinder.

Should proly make the Infector the Nod equivalent to the GDI sniper in this game mode, no? Edit the unit to make it have same range as GDI Sniper, and no buildlimit. Its more expensive though.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sniper is still overpowered against opposing GDI - there is little reason to build anything but Snipers (and Marauders to destroy Harvesters) in the mirror match.

I think it's better if it is changed the other way around - the Sniper has a buildlimit of 1.

Question: I wonder if the Mammoth MK II and Laser Scorpion Thing should drop from crates in Survival Mode. Probably not?

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Being bored, I found out that in GDI Mission 9, you can deploy your Conyard at the west side side of the map without the mission failing. (For those that don't remember; you're supposed to deploy it to the east of the malfunctioning tunnels).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum