Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Feedback for 0.39.1
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PlasmaFyre
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:  Feedback for 0.39.1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its been a little bit since 0.39.1 has been released but I finally decided to get off my ass and give some feedback for it.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS OF MISSIONS AND STORY IN THIS POST

NOD 16: EAGLES FALL

Eagles Fall runs very nice now, the only problem I've encountered is that here that spot gets cluttered with Nod units and lags the game insanely. I haven't seen if it does it all the time but once I nuked it and they all got cleared up it didn't happen again.

I find that this mission gets boring later on as the GDI base is impenetrable and you have to nuke either all the firestorm generators or nuke all the power plants to get in while defending against mammoth mkII's.

Here there is a lot of bunched up drop ships here and they keep coming back.

The Nod outpost to the Northwest still gets overrun.

GDI 10: THE BEGINNING OF THE END
The initial drop ship gets glitched at the bottom left of the map as it leaves. The sounds are so annoying!  #Mad

GDI 14: RAGE

The objective after destroying the venoms should be to also destroy all NOD forces since it would make sense, don't want NOD easily rebuilding them. Laughing

OTHER/RANDOM THOUGHTS
I feel that the transition between TD and TI is too fast, especially since GDI got wrecked at the end of TWI. I do however like that GDI does use old units during GDI 11:Insurrection. If I remember correctly it was told that buildings and such from TD will be added so that the transition doesn't feel as heavy? (first mission cut scenes, old airfield on clean slate)

Will Globotech and GDI ever be allies again? Also since in GDI 13:Isolation it mentions that they will salvage whatever Globotech technology from the island so what about in later missions GDI can use the GT Goliath? It was made for them right?
On the topic of GDI and Globotech possibly becoming allies again maybe when GT surrenders on GDI13:Isolation GDI and GT talk only for GT to realise that Nod was behind everything. (thus maybe allowing the GT Goliath to be available to GDI)

Rockets/missiles in general like to explode before hitting an air unit.

Are the stats for the Ion cannon and Nuke the same? (ie: damage)

Is it possible that when you destroy GT airfields in campaign missions, they stop appearing from a certain direction? Its annoying to deal with them since they have a lot of health and usually fire off their missiles before dying and on Insurrection having no access to rail gun technology and scatterpacks makes it useless to try and fight them.

Any mission that involves you fighting GT gets super easy if you can capture and armory, airfield and/or vehicle depot. I think that they shouldn't be capturable just like the turrets.

There should be a mission that you can fight along side Globotech before they try and kill you. Perhaps adding a mission that is the opposite of Nod: Shadow, Shadow. (defending against waves with Globotech)

With the upcoming menu color changes, it made me realise that the GDI hud/ui (?) is green while Nod has it red.

Nod laser turret is still worse than the GDI Vulcan Tower.

Other than that I can't really think of anything at the moment.
In general the game is really balanced right now, just with the exception of a few things. I'm really satisfied and pleased with the direction that the game has been going and how far it has come from. You guys, the staff of Twisted Insurrection deserve a pat on the back!  Very Happy

PlasmaFyre
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Decided to replay most of the campaign missions recently because I was bored so here are things that I have to comment on:

I like ability to get reinforcements with money on Nod 06: Scavenger Hunt.

I also like ability to build tanks that get Chinook dropped on Nod 03: Total Eclipse. (Very cool! Very Happy)

There needs to be more Tiberium on Nod 04A: Nod's Viper. (Honestly this is a boring mission, you just sit around half the time waiting for money or end up speeding up the game)

Why aren't you able to build Eclipse tanks on Nod 04A when in the previous mission you can?

Lots of glitched aircraft on Nod 13: New Brotherhood. Image

More glitched aircraft on GDI 14: Rage. (Pretty much the same thing as Nod 13)

The top right Nod aircraft outpost does nothing on GDI 05: Fields of Green.

Why was destroying the Nod base removed from GDI 07: Deep Blue ?

How are you supposed to destroy most of the warehouses on Nod 15: Dusk Till Dawn? I know some of them can be entered with a subterranean units but the others cannot be killed by anything. Even after destroying the whole GDI base, the firestorm walls remain active.
I've seen a playthrough of this mission and the player made sure to capture the GDI buildings to build Railgun tanks that are indeed able to shoot threw through the firestorm wall. (Unintented?)

More challenge maps please!  Razz

Would be nice to see a thread showcasing all the old looks for units and/or units that was discarded. (Also removed maps!)

Looked at all promotional art that was made way back (couple years) and many of them need to make an appearance.

Any idea if this will ever make an appearance? Image

Also this! Image

Why has nobody given any reply this thread yet? Feels like its a ghost town around here...   Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum