Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
After starting the GDI campaign...
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:  After starting the GDI campaign...
Subject description: Maybe I should just play the missions like everyone else...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After the recent update I decided to play throught the campaigns again.
Some things I noticed in the 2nd GDI mission:
1. Seems like a small tile error just before the 2nd Nod outpost, just north of the entrance on the slope.
2. Moving the APC to the north west corner (picture). (I didn't remember that the Armadillo is able to cross water?)

Also, I force fire-destroyed all globotech bases/outpost cities up to the end of the end of the 2nd GDI mission, and no one even said anything.

EDIT:
The mission "Bridge Issue" did not progress when I cleared the airbase first and destroyed the raider before it triggered the bridge destruction. Whatever I did then (the general was in the airbase position) I could not win the mission, and had to restart...
Also destroying the GDI buildings gives easy promotion (could be partially fixed for this map by making the helipads and defences not cost anything).

By the way(SPOILER), I got disappointed when I saved the general by spamming Dragonflies and destroying the bombers(and using sandbags), but the text for the next mission still said he was dead Sad .

-1.PNG
 Description:
Maybe this unit shouldn't be able to cross water in this mission?
 Filesize:  390.33 KB
 Viewed:  2245 Time(s)

-1.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Armadillo has always been amphibious, I am genuinely surprised that we have never noticed that problem in GDI Mission 2 before and even more so that nobody else reported it! Really strange, but yes, we will disable the Armadillo's amphibious abilities on that map. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I am getting a lot of reports about issues with GDI Mission 3B. I think I'll have to do quite a lot of changes to fix some of these recurring problems. Thanks for reporting this information to me either way, we'll get it all fixed ASAP.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! I saw in the changelog that its fixed!
Still, sorry for making this into small bits of bug reports, but I tend to forget things as I progress in the campaign, so I try to report things 2-3 missions at a time.
This time, the only the new mission "Clean Slate" had any real bugs that I found, and its a tile error (which is quite easy to spot). Also, is this mission supposed to be possible to beat with only the starting units? (Also without capturing the Bridge Traffic Control). The first time I played I didn't even start searching for that GDI base/didn't bother capturing the Traffic Control before winning the mission.

After loading a save and leaving 1 power plant in the Nod base, I completed the 2 first objectives, but seeing that one gets engineers from the reinforcement, makes it look like capturing the GDI base is kind of pointless. One can just capture the Nod buildings and fight the Nod without them attacking back.

At "Deep Blue" its STILL possible to win the mission with the commando team, mostly because the AI seems to no longer rebuild their base (I played on the hardest difficulty), and because the Commando can survive and destroy an Obelisk when Elite.

At the start of the mission one can hear some shooting sounds coming from around the city area?

Also, at some point when attacking some Nod power plant from the elevated area, there was a voice saying "Reinforcements have arrived" but I saw no reinforcements anywhere.

-2.PNG
 Description:
Quite visible tile error
 Filesize:  771.61 KB
 Viewed:  2160 Time(s)

-2.PNG

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made alot of screenshots to avoid posting too many times and remember the most important things I found/had to comment on, also including the Nod campaign (don't want to make another topic for that). Pictures have descriptions.
At the GDI "Beginning of the End" mission, one dropship was stuck one the map edge to the west and kept spamming annoying takeoff/landing sounds.
Also, is the lifeform "Tremor" supposed to be vulnerable to EMP? (I am aware that it uses subterrean locomotor, and this might be a consequence).

And one question, has the difficulty been reduced? I remember playing those campaigns on Normal/Hard before, but this time when I played on Twisted difficulty, it seemed easier than the Normal/Hard I played about a year ago. (For example more starting units, or less attacks such as no railgun platform drop on "New Brotherhood").

Worth mentioning is that I encountered serious lag on the 16th Nod mission. I have been unable to spot what causes it (because the map is large and I didn't yet reach the GDI main base). It seems to me as it is something simlar to what I found at my 3rd post in this topic: http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=38102 . (Sorry, I don't know how to link to a specific post.)
From my experience, this one is more gradual compared to that, but it comes in "packages". One moment its doing fine, then suddenly a lag increase, and then some minutes later another.
In the end it became so slow I gave up. This seems to only be able to begin AFTER the Nod base is under player control. (Which I think also activates the AI?)
The reason why I believe this is related to the orca issue, is that it seems to appear at the same times after loading saves.

I should add some saves from different points in the mission. Looks especially at the one from 00:35, where the MLRS Walkers attack the RPG Turret. Just after they destroy it, some lag appears. Also at 12:43 something seems to happen.
(I often tried to avoid the lag by loading an earlier save, so the saves might jump a bit forth and back in the mission.)
At the one which I named "Slowness Detected" the lag was just so bad I quit. (I think its quite obvious, seeing how little progress I made those last 25 minutes!)

Hope this helps! This mission looks great, and I really wanted to play it!
I left out most of the pointing out of tile errors I found in campaigns.
This mod is great, its one of the mods I like the most!

Venom.PNG
 Description:
"Rage" mission, the Venom seems to have problems with walls and EMP, so it isn't much of a challenge to destroy.
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Viewed:  2067 Time(s)

Venom.PNG

-5.PNG
 Description:
The Guardians can be killed with the Howitzers and player will not get "detected". Not sure if intended. (2 of them dead here, I killed the rest after this screenshot)
 Filesize:  796.61 KB
 Viewed:  2068 Time(s)

-5.PNG

-8.PNG
 Description:
"New Brotherhood", pictures explain it well. The Tiberium Bombers should be removed/not start from up here, as they can be exploited for tiberium. (They don't attack currently)
 Filesize:  1.12 MB

-8.PNG

-4.PNG
 Description:
This crate can cause infantry using the hospital to get stuck (Happened to a Marauder when I played, had to kill him). Also noticed a cliff error just before posting.
 Filesize:  948.41 KB

-4.PNG

Saves Nod 16.7z
 Description:
Saves from various times with various amount of lag.

Download
 Filename:  Saves Nod 16.7z
 Filesize:  14.46 MB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for some more excellent reports, I have gone ahead and fixed a large number of these problems that you have mentioned. I'm not entirely sure how you accessed the top of the cliff on Rage though, that shouldn't be possible at all. #Tongue

In any case, Version 0.40.10 fixes a lot of these problems, except for the Nod 16 lag issue which we are aware of, we'll get around to fixing that ASAP.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how you accessed the top of the cliff on Rage though, that shouldn't be possible at all. #Tongue

On Rage it was easy to access it with carryalls (I didn't move my MCV there), then to use siege infantry to destroy defences inside the Nod base. I captured the Nod Hall of Faith, then built my way up with silos (there is a spot to place one where a SAM Bunker was).
On the New Brotherhood mission(it is the same cliff), I built my way up with the power plants, by going throught the small space just before the tiberium field. There were trees in the way, but a Reaper took care of that.
And I forgot one thing:
Agent Z wrote:
1. Seems like a small tile error just before the 2nd Nod outpost, just north of the entrance on the slope.

This one was just a small screen error of the type that goes away after one moves the view away and back. It looks as half of a tile is black, and that is why I thought it was an error.

Aro wrote:
Thanks for some more excellent reports, I have gone ahead and fixed a large number of these problems that you have mentioned.

Im happy that my "efforts" of finding bugs are of use to TI!  Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum