Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Client
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 10 [481 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun Client Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DOWNLOAD:

Full version: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberian-sun-client/downloads/tiberian-sun-client-600-with-videos

Without in-game videos: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberian-sun-client/downloads/tiberian-sun-client-600

FEATURES

• Full Tiberian Sun and Firestorm campaigns included, with optionally downloadable movies (about 1.3 GB in size)
  • Skirmish support with pre-defined starting locations and teams
  • Dynamic map preview showing starting locations and teams on the map
  • Full CnCNet multiplayer support, including automatic transfer of custom maps, passworded games and private messages*
  • Support for spectators
  • Allows modding similar to Dawn of the Tiberium Age and Twisted Insurrection
  • All TS INI bugs fixed - includes fixes from Aro's Tiberian Sun: UMP
  • Compatibility with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
  • Saves statistics from all games of your commander career
  • Automatic updates (you can opt out) for delivery of bugfixes and possible additional content like multiplayer maps
  • FinalSun Map Editor included
  • Extra game options including Build Off Ally, Harder AI, Disabled Super Weapons and Disabled Refinery/Silo Storage
  • Includes some of the best and most beautiful multiplayer maps created for TS by the community (selectable in the "Fan-made" gamemode)
  • Allows saving and loading multiplayer games
  • Enhances the game with convenient features like displaying health of units and structures when you hover over them

*Note: This is not the only TS MP client. Most games are (currently) hosted with FunkyFr3sh's client, which is incompatible with this client. Games hosted with FunkyFr3sh's client cannot be joined with this client, and vice-versa.

CREDITS

General:
  • Rampastring: Created the client package, added extra features including the new game options and maps, and hacked in new features and bugfixes for the game engine
  • Bittah Commander: For editing the FinalSun executable so that it reads files from subdirectories instead of MIX files, for helping with the client's graphics, for compiling the TS package and for helping with testing
  • Iran: Created the Tiberian Sun spawner, which makes it possible to skip the in-game menu and as a result makes the client possible. Also hacked in new features and bugfixes for the game engine
  • dkeeton: Hacked in new features and bugfixes for the game engine
  • AlexB: Hacked in new features and bugfixes for the game engine
  • FunkyFr3sh: Hacked in new features and bugfixes for the game engine
  • CCHyper: Hacked in new features and bugfixes for the game engine
  • zzattack: Created the CNCMaps Renderer and saved me a bit of time by hosting high-quality map preview images at ra2maps.zzattack.org
  • OmegaBolt: Tested early builds of the client package and provided feedback on it
  • Aro: Helped with PR

Mappers:
  • Aro
  • Aurora196
  • Crash
  • j4m3sb0nd
  • Ixith
  • Rampastring

Projects / companies / etc.:

• Dawn of the Tiberium Age: For being a development and testing platform for the client
  • Twisted Insurrection: For being a development and testing platform for the client
  • Mental Omega: For being a testing platform for the client
  • CnCNet Yuri's Revenge: For being a testing platform for the client
  • Tiberian Sun: UMP Team (Aro, Lin Kuei Ominae, Chriz, Machine, Crimsonum, Revolutionary): For fixing a lot of INI coding related bugs in original Tiberian Sun
  • Project Perfect Mod: For hosting classic C&C modding forums
  • CnCNet team (dkeeton, FunkyFr3sh, hifi, Iran, neogrant, Rampastring, Tore): For providing an easy-to-use online gaming service for classic Command & Conquer and for hosting this package
  • ModDB: For hosting this package
  • Westwood Studios: For creating the original game
  • Electronic Arts Inc.: For making Tiberian Sun freeware so that I'm able to distribute this package

Renderers:
  • Aqrit (http://bitpatch.com/) for IE-DDRAW and DDWrapper
  • hifi, FunkyFr3sh and dkeeton for TS-DDRAW
  • hifi, FunkyFr3sh and dkeeton for CnC-DDRAW
  • DxWnd developers and FunkyFr3sh for DxWnd

Also thanks to MonoGame's contributors for MonoGame, which the client makes use of.

Have fun!

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:00 am; edited 14 times in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for sharing the client.

Does it need online updates to run locally? Currently it gives IE (default settings - mission/skirmish):

[TS.LOG]
-CD parameter was specified. No CD init - all files must be local
Init Secondary Mixfiles..... CONQUER.MIX MAPS01.MIX MULTI.MIX SOUNDS01.MIX SOUNDS.MIXException!
Dump exception info
Found IMAGEHLP.DLL - linking to required functions
SymLoad failed with code 6 - (null)
Exception code is -529697949
SymGetSymFromAddr failed with code 126 - (null)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Does it need online updates to run locally?

No, it should run without any updates. However, it seems that it crashes on some systems right now. The reason is unknown, but it's likely somehow related to some hack in the game executable. What makes it hard to debug is that it only crashes for some people (for example, it works fine for me and Bittah, but seems to crash for you and Aro).

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set up the settings before loading the game. Also I needed to copy the TSconfig from the cncnet beta full to get it work. I assume this will all be fixed with time.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
Also I needed to copy the TSconfig from the cncnet beta full to get it work.

Really? The "TSConfig" from the current official cncnet.org TS package has nothing to do with this client. It is not needed, and might even be harmful if combined with this package.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me put it this way, only on my system.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Does it need online updates to run locally? Currently it gives IE (default settings - mission/skirmish):

We've found the reason for this and will fix later, likely today. Some of the current MIX files are encrypted, and with the lack of BLOWFISH.DLL TS is unable to decrypt them (unless you already have another BLOWFISH.DLL registered on your system, which seems to be the case for me and Bittah).

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recompiled all MIX-files that still were encrypted and re-uploaded the ZIP-package in the first post.

Make sure you don't update the components however, because the client will redownload the old encrypted ones again until Rampastring has uploaded the new ones.
The new (decrypted) SCORES.MIX and SCORES01.MIX files are already included in the ZIP-package and you can get the decrypted Movies##.mix files from here.

Edit:
If you still have an EXPAND01.MIX file in the MIX directory, delete it. It shouldn't have been in the TS build in the first place, so its contents are still encrypted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is interesting i was just about to post a topic here about this and a problem I am having with it. I downloaded this a few weeks ago and loved it. TS/FS worked great!

However! This install for some reason kills Ra2/YR... Once you get to the skirmish menu the frame rate tanks, and trying to load a skirmish causes the game to freeze.

What all is being installed? Is there dll's added else were?

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhhh... double post I know...

Well I uninstalled TS client and fixed Ra2/YR...

But now Final alert 2 doesn't work, all tiles are black... What has this TS client done?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I can imagine that the client's compatibility fix could somehow also affect RA2/YR (since they use Game.exe as well), there's no way that it also affects Final Alert 2.

That said, you're prompted whether you want to install the compatibility fix when you start the client and this compatibility fix can be removed again by going to "Programs and Features" and then uninstalling "TS Compatibility Fix" there.

Edit:
Actually, it shouldn't even be able to affect RA2 and especially YR, since the compatibility fix also checks for the product version of the game.exe file (YR uses gamemd.exe, which isn't affected in the first place) and the version it checks for is 2.03, while RA2's game.exe's product version is 1.08 (I checked the TFD version, meaning that it has the latest updates).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I did get FA2 working again... Reinstall + set to administrator (as before)... I have no idea why Reinstall fixed it... but it did...

Now I have a new problem that was caused by this client... I can no longer take screen shots in Ra2/YR...

What does this client change?

The version I installed was TSinstaller3-beta10r5.exe from here:
http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

I really would like both of these games to work on my computer!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The client included with the version you installed is a completely different one, made by FunkyFr3sh (meaning it's actually not relevant to this topic).

The inability to take screenshots is most likely caused by the compatibility fix that's installed by Funky's client (which is also different from the one that Rampastring's client installs).
I'm not sure how FunkyFr3sh named his compatibility fix, but see if you can find it in 'Programs and Freatures' in the control panel and then uninstall it from there.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just uploaded a new version that should fix the Internal Error issues mentioned here.

Quote:
The version I installed was TSinstaller3-beta10r5.exe from here:
http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

That installer was made by FunkyFr3sh and has nothing in common with this client. As such I'm also not responsible for any damage possibly done by his client.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: the installer was made by tore Smile

But anyways, the compat fix in this installer is looking for the Tiberian Sun string so it won't trigger for red alert 2

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
I just uploaded a new version that should fix the Internal Error issues mentioned here.

Its fixed. Version number for download link would avoid confusion. Also miss -NOVERIFY for offline modding.

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Note: the installer was made by tore Smile

But anyways, the compat fix in this installer is looking for the Tiberian Sun string so it won't trigger for red alert 2

Both YR exe and FA2 have Tiberian Sun string in them!

As far as this client is concerned, it is like DTA or TI mod and it didn't affect my RA2YR or FA2.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hell... Confused

Sorry thought these were the same thing...

What the hell is going on...  #Mad

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First time I have ever heard that my beta TS installer affects anything related to RA2/YR. I wonder why that might be. I'm not sure if it is even worth fixing seeing how good of a job Rampa has done with his TS client.

Quote:
Both YR exe and FA2 have Tiberian Sun string in them!

Sure internally, but things such as "Product Name" as visible to Windows, no.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Also miss -NOVERIFY for offline modding.

Added in the latest update, although the command is now -SHUTUP to better reflect its functionality of hiding the version mismatch dialog.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Couldn't see changes in INI from vanilla for UMP fixes.

2. Any chance of fixing - not retaining the last used color and start location in skirmish lobby.

Thanks for option for removing version mismatch message for offline modding.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
1. Couldn't see changes in INI from vanilla for UMP fixes.

Right, I thought that we applied the UMP changes to this client already. Apparently I was wrong though, I'll get around to it.

E1 Elite wrote:
2. Any chance of fixing - not retaining the last used color and start location in skirmish lobby.

I'll look at it.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded a new update that fixes some internal errors.

(- E01SCD01.mix and E01SCD02.mix aren't encrypted anymore
- The optional ingame videos (MOVIES.MIX files) aren't encrypted anymore)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confirmation: Movies.mix files now work correctly.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded a new update.

- Implemented bugfixes from Aro's Tiberian Sun: UMP (Credits: Bittah Commander)
 - Fixes various, mostly graphics-related bugs in Tiberian Sun like missing building animations
 - UMP Credits: Aro, Lin Kuei Ominae, Chriz, Machine, Crimsonum, Revolutionary
- Updated the look of social media buttons in the CnCNet lobby (Credits: Bittah Commander)
- Fixed the Cyborg Reaper death animation so the unit can no longer be killed continously while the anim is playing (it could be farmed for endless XP) (Credits: Bittah Commander)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the FS stuff has to be merged into TS ini files like UMP, then aifs.ini, sound01.ini could also be merged.
Probably, edit the TS mission maps to restrict the use of reaper/juggernaut or droppod superweapon to
retain vanilla TS in whichever map it is needed. Also FS ini files could be emptied. And dropdown in client
skirmish lobby need not have TS/FS option then, anyhow that would have resulted in error if TS gametype
was selected on a FS map without merging.

Temperat.ini could have marble madness entries added for finalsun.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already did merge most code from Firestrm.ini with Rules.ini, but I simply kept all of the FS units and structures disabled in TS, while they're enabled in FS via Firestrm.ini (mainly by changing their tech levels an AIBuildThis=).

I made sure to keep the gameplay in vanilla TS exactly like in the original game (without FS), with the exception of crate goodies (which can also give you FS units in TS now).

Entirely merging everything and removing the skirmish TS/FS option would be a bad idea, since the majority of the online TS players doesn't like the balance changes that FS introduced (and for good reason: Nod can just spam Reapers to win the game, while GDI can easily take out a Construction Yard via an Ion Cannon + Drop Pod SW combo).
E1 Elite wrote:
Temperat.ini could have marble madness entries added for finalsun.

I forgot about those; I'll add them.

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded another update.

Version 3.58 (August 10, 2015):
- The Mammoth tank is no longer invisible (Credits: Bittah Commander)
- The old, unused Tiberian Dawn / Red Alert unit voxels in Expand00.mix now have entries in Art.ini for modders (Credits: Bittah Commander)

Quote:
If the FS stuff has to be merged into TS ini files like UMP, then aifs.ini, sound01.ini could also be merged. Probably, edit the TS mission maps to restrict the use of reaper/juggernaut or droppod superweapon to retain vanilla TS in whichever map it is needed. Also FS ini files could be emptied. And dropdown in client skirmish lobby need not have TS/FS option then, anyhow that would have resulted in error if TS gametype was selected on a FS map without merging.

I want to keep the TS/FS selector. What has been done here is that all Firestrm.ini code has been moved to Rules.ini, except that Firestorm-specific things have been left disabled (TechLevel=-1 etc.) in Rules.ini and Firestrm.ini has the purpose of enabling them for Firestorm.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Bittah Sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow, this is great. Even though in modern standards the TS maps are an eyesore, having HQ renders of them in the skirmish lobby sure makes them pleasing to look at. Except for Storms. Nothing can save that abomination.

Kudos Rampa, Bittah & co.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Understood now about merging and enabling them in FS only. Voices could have been added to sound.ini,
even if it comes through crate like reaper.

In art.ini, don't you think all the water animation upto [WD04X] should have LoopStart=1.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It really makes no difference what sounds I add to sound.ini: if the game detects that Firestorm is installed, it will only use sound01.ini (in both TS and FS) and the content of sound.ini is entirely ignored (I could even delete it and everything would still work fine... which might in fact be not not such a bad idea).
So even if all sounds exist in sound.ini, you won't hear any of them if they're not coded in sound01.ini (and the game will crash if sound01.ini is missing or empty).

I haven't properly viewed the waterfalls in a while, but I suspect that the first frame is only blank because the waterfall tile itself already contains the graphics for that frame.
So unless the waterfall animations actually looks bad ingame right now, it's better to leave them the way they are.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't know about the difference, how the game picked up the sound(01).ini. I had both the INI files same
in my private fixes.

On water falls anim, when I saw that it was changed in the ini for the first case, why not for all, as the
tileset graphics were similar.

Jeep entry could be removed from rules, as it used to crash when placed like in excessive map.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I coded Rules.ini and Firestrm.ini myself (since I couldn't be certain that the UMP versions wouldn't alter the gameplay of vanilla TS), Art.ini was directly copied from UMP and I just made a few additions/alterations to it.

I recall seeing just a few waterfalls glitch in vanilla TS, so Aro probably only altered the code for the waterfalls that visibly glitched.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
(since I couldn't be certain that the UMP versions wouldn't alter the gameplay of vanilla TS)

The UMP doesn't alter gameplay at all, it is purely graphical fixes and repaired code, mostly animations.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UMP makes all new units and structures from FS buildable in TS and also applies all other balance changes that FS made (such as less accurate artillery and faster disruptors). While this is perfectly fine for modders (since they can decide for themselve how they want to alter the game balance from thereon), it is not for people who only have interest in playing TS; especially since the majority dislikes Firestorm's balance changes (as I mentioned before).

I didn't check everything since that would take a lot of time, so it was quicker and safer for me to just make the necessary Rules.ini and Firestrm.ini changes myself since I'd know exactly what code was changed and why.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded a new update:

Version 3.59 (August 10, 2015):
- Framework Mode now works in FinalSun (Credits: Bittah Commander)

Also replaced sound.ini with a dummy.

Crimsonum wrote:
Oh wow, this is great. Even though in modern standards the TS maps are an eyesore, having HQ renders of them in the skirmish lobby sure makes them pleasing to look at. Except for Storms. Nothing can save that abomination.

Nice to hear that Smile And yeah, Storms is ugly.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a bug causing only the TS GDI intro to play no matter what campaign you choose.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is most likely caused by the spawner, due to the fact that the GDI and Nod intros have the same filename.
The only solution I can think of is to rename on of them and then reuploading that faction's movies.

Edit:
It turns out that even that wasn't possible while still using MoviesXX.mix, because Movies01.mix is in fact the only MoviesXX.mix file that the spawner still allows the game to read and the Nod and Firestorm campaigns had no working videos at all because of this.

The only way to get around this was by renaming the MoviesXX.mix files to ExpandXX.mix, which has now been done.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded a new update.

Version 3.62 (August 13, 2015):
- MWMN now uses Umagon's voice (for modders / map makers) (Credits: Bittah Commander)
- Fixed many tutorial lines which had CABAL named "Cabaal" (Credits: Bittah Commander, thanks to tomsons26 for pointing it out)

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umagon and Mutant Woman Soldier are used together in GDI 9C "Mine the Power Grid" so I would use the voices from Oxanna for the Mutant Woman Soldier. I find it best to keep Hero units voices unique so you don't get one killed by mistake.

Below is what I used for my self. I already have remove 11-i014 (For Kane) and 11-i014 (For the Brotherhood.) that Oxanna used.

VoiceSelect=11-I000,11-I002,11-I004,11-I006
VoiceMove=11-I008,11-I010,11-I012
VoiceAttack=11-I012,11-I010,11-I016

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually didn't remember that you were given direct control over the Mutant Soldier in GDI 9C, but I just quickly tested this mission and it turned out you could directly control her after all.
So using Oxanna's voices (aside form the Nod-specific ones) is indeed a better idea.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We just got promoted to the front page on ModDB! Very Happy

Btw, the latest update was version 3.63 on August 15. Change log:
  • TS Nod Missions 1 and 5 now have additional in-game cinematics (originally created by Westwood but left unused in the original game for some reason) (Credits: Bittah Commander)
  • Fixed: MWMN now uses Oxanna's voice (you could control both Umagon and the MWMN in GDI 9C) (Credits: Bittah Commander)
  • Sound and music indexes in sound01.ini / theme.ini now match those that you need to input in FinalSun to play those sounds / tracks (for mappers) (Credits: Bittah Commander)
  • Updated FinalSun trigger action descriptions to reflect the above

moddb.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  283.88 KB
 Viewed:  82502 Time(s)

moddb.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've a small request. Could you change the default tile brush size from 2x2 to 1x1 in FinalSun, or tell me how to change it?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open FSData.ini and edit the following section
[StdBrushSize]
ClearTile=1
RoughTile=1
SandTile=1
GreenTile=1
PaveTile=1
WaterSet=1

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, for some reason I always thought it required exe-hacking. Thanks for the info.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Outside of the error with windowed borderless mode reverting to regular windowed mode, which is still an issue with the client (though I see you've fixed it for DTA so I imagine it's either an oversight or something on my end), I can't seem to find a way to get it to stop complaining about a version mismatch while modding it. I have no clue where the setting is for that.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Outside of the error with windowed borderless mode reverting to regular windowed mode, which is still an issue with the client (though I see you've fixed it for DTA so I imagine it's either an oversight or something on my end), I can't seem to find a way to get it to stop complaining about a version mismatch while modding it. I have no clue where the setting is for that.

You can run the client with the command-line param -SHUTUP to skip the version mismatch complaint. In the future I could add an option to the Options UI for skipping it, or make such an option enable-able by some Settings.ini key that you have to enable manually.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
or make such an option enable-able by some Settings.ini key that you have to enable manually.

I suggest
ModMode=1

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The update fails while attempting to download FSData.ini; too many retries.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If possible, that'd be great. It really is annoying.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
The update fails while attempting to download FSData.ini; too many retries.

Thanks for reporting it, I'll fix it later today.

I guess I'll also add the ModMode INI key, but I'll use MainClient.ini instead of Settings.ini.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 10 [481 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon