Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Two Bugs/ Glitch issues in TS
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ReaperAA
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:  Two Bugs/ Glitch issues in TS
Subject description: Bugs discovered during tiberian sun modding.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi people, i was just trying out modding Tiberian Sun Client Version and i stumbled upon some issues.
(I am sure someone probably already addressed the 1st issue but i couldn't find it)

(1): I increased the speed of wolverine (to 8 ) and jumpjets (to 9). When they pick up speed crates, they get stuck (cannot move/ do anything). I think this also glitch existed in vanilla TS.

(2): I was trying out LKO's shppack (page:http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=16227) and implemented NOD COBRA (along with its code in rules.ini and ai.ini). It works fine in Firestorm mode but in Tiberian sun mode, the unit gets destroyed after coming out of warfactory.

Can anyone tell me solution of the problems (or how to avoid them), especially the first one. (i can compromise on 2nd).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) change the units Locomotor from
Locomotor={55D141B8-DB94-11d1-AC98-006008055BB5}
to
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}

the mech locomotor 55D141B8 is bugged for high speeds due to a false forced rotation about 11.25° after each move cycle.

2) without showing your code and explaining how you implemented it, it's hard to give any help.
I can only guess that you added some code to firestrm.ini which you haven't in rules.ini.
I assume you haven't copied all keys from firestrm.ini to rules.ini, thus rules.ini has no settings for Creep, while the Cobra is using SpeedType=Creep.
Code:
[Clear]
Foot=100%
Track=100%
Wheel=100%
Hover=100%
Float=0%
Amphibious=100%
Buildable=yes
Creep=100%   ;copied from firestrm.ini

So no setting for Creep in rules.ini, which means 0%, impassable, thus it explodes.

Use the TS Client and mod this, since it has many bugs already fixed and all firestrm.ini stuff is already included in rules.ini

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Use the TS Client and mod this, since it has many bugs already fixed and all firestrm.ini stuff is already included in rules.ini

While all Firestorm content is included in Rules.ini, they're disabled unless you play Firestorm in the client. So, firestrm.ini still contains some code in the TS client. It's like the Classic / Enhanced selection in DTA.

ReaperAA
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys.
Man, last time I updated TS client was like 2-3 weeks ago. Didn't knew that almost all firestorm.INI assets had been moved to rules.INI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon