Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Odd Sound Glitch
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject:  Odd Sound Glitch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I loaded a saved version of Nod Mission 8, I discovered a sound glitch.  Two of the flame tanks say "whooa!" every time they fire their weapons and all the explosions sound hollow.  This only occurs in this save, not in newly started versions of this mission.  It's hilarious!  Laughing

SAVE2EA6.SAV
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SAVE2EA6.SAV
 Filesize:  1.92 MB
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Similar thing was happening to me when playing RA2:DeeZire. I don't know the reason tho.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

Wayward Winds
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen a similar issue.  It appears (to me) to be a side effect of loading a save file made with a previous version that had data in different places.

In my case, I didn't realise mission-by-mission campaign progression had been dropped between v0.39 and v0.40, and loaded a mid mission GDI 05.  Cue the attacking Kazuars or Goliaths (I forget which) making Cyborg death sounds every time they fired.  It got annoying fast.
There were other glitches present, such as the new GDI 06 loading immediately afterwards (must have been some campaign progression data embedded in the save file), but with serious tile errors, such as random lines in the water and tunnel entrances facing the wrong way.  Select the mission through the main menu and everything looked fine.

...I promptly deleted all my old saves and started over!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds hilarious, but upon loading your save there was nothing out of the oridnary. I don't suppose you could provide more information for the potential cause? Unless your issue is from a previous beta release.

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I loaded it in version 0.40.37 and the "error" is still there. It only affects two of the flame tanks. I'll upload it again to see if that helps. The save is from an older version.

Edit: I downloaded the file from my earlier post to see if it had the "error" and found that it does.

SAVE2EA6.SAV
 Description:
Nod Mission 8: Weird Sound

Download
 Filename:  SAVE2EA6.SAV
 Filesize:  1.92 MB
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum