Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge for Free in Origin.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject:  Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge for Free in Origin.
Subject description: Yuri's Clonning Vats party time begins in 3...2...1...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might have seen some news in the web that Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge has been recently available for free in Origin, the official online store from Electronic Arts.

Yea, that game and its expansion are featured at the On The House section from Origin for certain countries, such as United States of America and a bunch of others. Unfortunately, in my country, they are distributing Theme Hospital. Red Alert 2 was so much popular, that Origin has taken it offline, because their servers were overloaded. They are back now, although it is being hard to download them.

For those who lives in the countries where EA is distributing Theme Hospital, you can claim Red Alert 2 for free with a simple catch. But I give no guarantees that you will be able to download it in a low term, since their servers seem to be overloaded. Click at this link. Then, click Download Now and login in Origin. Launch the program and Red Alert 2 will be added to your game library.

Remember that this is The Ultimate Collection version. So, I don't know how does it behave with some of the existing mods, Ares and some modding tools, since I've never used this version in my life. However, I'm pretty sure that the community here may aid you if you have some problems. So,  if something doesn't work well with this game for you, use our forums, post a reply here and we'll aid you to have a better experience. Have fun and if you get bored of the game for some reason, remember that you can play mods and create your own mod.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge for Free in Origin. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Remember that this is The Ultimate Collection version. So, I don't know how does it behave with some of the existing mods, Ares and some modding tools, since I've never used this version in my life. However, I'm pretty sure that the community here may aid you if you have some problems. So,  if something doesn't work well with this game for you, use our forums, post a reply here and we'll aid you to have a better experience. Have fun and if you get bored of the game for some reason, remember that you can play mods and create your own mod.

It is still same, but i don't know what did they add, because it's exe size is different. But works with mods and ARES...

(Tested 2 days ago)

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does this mean RA2/YR is freeware now? or has it been freeware for a wail now?

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a temporary promotion RA2/YR is not freeware.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those of you struggling with Windows 10, the only thing I had to do is install the graphics patch from AlexB.
A second patch that I applied is for fixed launchers, so that your command line options from Origin get passed on properly.
Now it runs very smoothly.

That is what I did for Windows 10 (upgraded from W8.1) and running a dedicated graphics card only (GTX970).
Tried this for my setup on a laptop with a clean install of Windows 10 and an Intel chip; no luck.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to confirm, for those who have Theme Hospital as the On the House feature, you can even add Red Alert 2 to your gaming collection through the method posted in my news post, however, you won't be able to download it and install it.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Just to confirm, for those who have Theme Hospital as the On the House feature, you can even add Red Alert 2 to your gaming collection through the method posted in my news post, however, you won't be able to download it and install it.

That is quite funny, can you get the serial at least?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think so. There is only a product code from Origin. I don't know if this is an ID of RA2/YR on Origin or something linked to me. But it doesn't look like a serial code like the ones that I have from the boxed game at all.

blackhand1001
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My serial number for renegade that i got from origin is legit and works on xwis so I am gonna assume that the red alert 2 ones work as well.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did two people already compared their downloads, if the included serials are different?
If they are the same, it shouldn't be problematic to host the download on a mirror.
Did anyone compared the downloaded version already with any of the other versions (boxed, TFD) ?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Origin version is the C&C Ultimate Collection version, differences between it and the TFD version are as follows:

gamemd.exe:
1) 0x160=352 to 0x162=354 (3 bytes)
2) 0x1a0=416 to 0x1a2=418 (3 bytes)
3) 0x1a4=420 to 0x1a5=421 (2 bytes)
4) 0x3899aa=3709354 to 0x3899ab=3709355 (2 bytes)

As tiny as the changes are, it's likely these are the changes for it to work with Origin, GDFBinary.dll.

As far as everything else goes, Origin is missing alot of extras that the TFD has (- is included in TFD, + is only in Origin):
-ManualRA2.pdf
-ManualYR.pdf
-wsock32.dll
+GDFBinary_en_US.dll (A heavily edited gamemd.exe with ties to Kalloc Studios)
+art.ini (I need to check the differences)
-KeyboardMD.ini
--tons of .mmx and .yro extra maps
+RA2.par
+RA2Launcher.par
+RA2MD.par
+YURI.par

EDIT: art.ini is the same as TFD's, just dumped to folder for some reason.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
As far as everything else goes, Origin is missing alot of extras that the TFD has (- is included in TFD, + is only in Origin):
-ManualRA2.pdf
-ManualYR.pdf
-wsock32.dll

My TFD RA2/YR doesn't have these files. You've probably got them from the unofficial TFD 1.03 patch.

Speculator
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
For those of you struggling with Windows 10, the only thing I had to do is install the graphics patch from AlexB.
A second patch that I applied is for fixed launchers, so that your command line options from Origin get passed on properly.
Now it runs very smoothly.

That is what I did for Windows 10 (upgraded from W8.1) and running a dedicated graphics card only (GTX970).
Tried this for my setup on a laptop with a clean install of Windows 10 and an Intel chip; no luck.

It works here on windows 7 but i get really bad screen tearing with ATI.. I am using AMD Catalyst 15.7

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!