Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Add the 5 th side by npatch
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tuix
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject:  Add the 5 th side by npatch
Subject description: how adapt from thai tutorial ?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

by this tutorial

This Tutorial is designed to aid people using the NPatch in the creation of a completly new side.

Adding new countries

I recommend to check out the tutorial about how to add new playable countries, which covers everything you have to do in order to add new countries for your new side.

Adding the new side

Head to the [Sides] section in rulesmd.ini. There you should add your own side (name can be customized) after ThirdSide:

[Sides]
GDI=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Nod=Russians,Africans,Confederation,Arabs
ThirdSide=YuriCountry
;New Side, it's important that your fourth side is also 4th in the list!
FourthSide=NewCountry ;you can use any name for the side and add any country to it
Civilian=Neutral
Mutant=Special
Now, head to the BaseUnit tag in the [General] section and add your new side's MCV to the list.
NOTE: that all the countries of the new side must be in the Owner= list of the new base unit!
You must set the fourth side default power plant. Read New AI power plant select system for more informtation.
Note about buildings: with the NPatch, the game should recognize every first letter for BuildingTypes as valid. This means that you can use different theater shemed buildings with any first letter (i.e. "KABRCK", "SUCNST" etc).
To use a special loading screen text color, you can add the FourthLoad tag to the [Colors] section.

Also FourthDisguise, FthParaDropNum and FthParaDropInf tags are available.

The following tags should be added in order to get a working AI:
[General]
FourthSurvivorDivisor=[number] ;currently, this is only known to allow one survivor
FourthBaseDefenseCounts=25,22,6
FourthCrew=[InfantryType] ;works, but see note at survivor divisor[AI]
FourthBaseDefenses=[defensive buildings]
Requirements for the new side

The new side needs all the basic factories and structures (ConYard, Barracks, Ore Refinery etc.) which all the other (playable) sides have as well.
Attach the value 3 to the AIBasePlanningSide tags of the 4th side's buildings.
Note that the ConYard and the MCV must not be owned by any country but by the new side's countries!
Also don't forget to add the naval yard to both the Shipyard tag and the BuildNavalYard tag!
Another thing which is required is the existence of the sidec04.mix file.
If the file does not exist and you want to play as the new side, the game is about to crash.

Also  you can add a fourth EVA. Simple put Fourth=[file name without wav] in EVAMD.INI file.
NOTE: The Fourth= tag is subject to change in next versions of NPatch.
If you didn't add EVA for 4th side, you will not been listen any EVA voices in game at all.

[DialogList]
1=EVA_NuclearSiloDetected

[EVA_NuclearSiloDetected]
Text=Warning: Nuclear Silo detected.
Russian=csof001
Allied=ceva001
Yuri=cyur001
Fourth=cfth001 ; New
Type=QUEUE
Priority=IMPORTANTFinally, the 4th side requires AI triggers. If no AI triggers exist, the game crashes. Set the trigger's side to 4 in order to make it work for the new side.

The UI of fourth side

Sidebar data must be stored in SIDEC04.MIX. If the file does not exist you will have IE.
This MIX must have the same items as other SIDEC*.MIX files.

Multiplayer score screen
MP04SCRN.SHP - the background. MP04SCRN.PAL - palette for background SHP file, where xx is your side number.
MP04SCRNyy.PCX - the images of the bars with game results, where xx is your side number and yy from 01 to 10.(8 players + 2 special)

Single player score screen
S04SCORE.PAL - the palette of all elements.
S04SCRBK.SHP - the background image, (Usual size is 632x568).
S04SCRA.SHP - the idle anim. (Usual size is 424x230).
S04SCRT.SHP - the animation, when button "Continue" pressed. (Usual size is 472x448)

Message dialog
PUDLGBK04.SHP - the background of this dialog. Used with palette DIALOG04.PAL (Usual size is 451x326)

Message dialog appear when you save game, or you want to exit  from YR.
If you don't want to create new art, or don't want to clone it from existing files, you can use _StillUseYuriUI=true tag in Maximums section.
If you set it to yes, Third side(Yuri) UI will be used, as in previous versions of NPatch.
This tag can be not available in next versions of NPatch, can be renamed.

NOTE

The fourth side logic is subject to change in next NPatch version. Remember this.

So how about the fifth side ?
How I change fourth tag to fifth tag  and what is FthParaDropNum should change to ?

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I remember correctly, NPatch only supported addition of a single other side. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Either way, I would strongly recommend switching over to using Ares, the spiritual successor to RockPatch/NPatch. In addition to having full power to customize sides and countries pretty much however you want*, you will have at your fingertips essentially everything that RP/NP offered and much more, and on a much more versatile and stable platform.

You can grab Ares at http://ares.strategy-x.com/, and read the documentation at http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/

While the developers don't offer any official NPatch migration support, I'd be happy to help if you need anything. I went through the conversion myself when Ares first came around, and aside from doing a couple "Replace All" commands in Notepad++ it was pretty painless.

*Some limitations may apply, see documentation for details.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah NP doesn't support more than 4 to my recall too and changing tag/key names is not gonna help there.

I wouldn't expect support for NP so your mostly on your own.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NPAE can add 10 new sides.
But anyway few here is still using np.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
tuix
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your comments , I will try Ares.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon